Numniuk

abusive spouse having friends harass ex's professional stuff

32 posts in this topic

Hi all I have a dilemma

after all this time now it seems her friends have been harassing my exwife on her professional business social media pages saying how she contributed to "ruining her (my abusive spouse) life" even though my ex had nothing to do with anything and all she wants is to be left alone and can't understand why she is getting targeted and on her business pages for others to see

I do not know where my spouse is and have to file with a publication because none of her friends know or wont give me her address, neither will she as she never responded to my emails but she is out of state probably delaying to provide address so she can file first under her terms

because now she has friends stalking my exwife on her business stuff, can I reported this to someone somehow? Can I talk to the ucsis or someone about this that she gets notified if any of her friends harass a family member again she gets deported, arrested, or something? she is still illegal here in usa, yes? no ssn or aos, unless someone else got it for her

Please please please I need some help

thanks all so kindly

Edited by Numniuk

The harassment is a local police issue, not an immigration issue. Report her and her friends who you know are harassing your ex to the nearest police station ASAP. If your ex provides evidence of the harassment, they can absolutely arrest your spouse. However, only the local police can do that. USCIS & ICE have specific purposes pertaining to IMMIGRATION law. The harassment has nothing to do with immigration; it is a civil matter.

Since you're on VJ though, I am guessing you do have a pending immigration case with your current spouse. If you want help with your personal immigration situation, you'll need to provide more details about your case. It is hard to tell from your post but it SOUNDS like she is the foreigner and you are the American and AoS has not been filed yet. 

Your profile says "K1 visa". If this is correct, your spouse is out of status if her i94 has expired. Has it been more than 90 days since her entry?

6 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

The harassment is a local police issue, not an immigration issue. Report her and her friends who you know are harassing your ex to the nearest police station ASAP. If your ex provides evidence of the harassment, they can absolutely arrest your spouse. However, only the local police can do that. USCIS & ICE have specific purposes pertaining to IMMIGRATION law. The harassment has nothing to do with immigration; it is a civil matter.

Since you're on VJ though, I am guessing you do have a pending immigration case with your current spouse. If you want help with your personal immigration situation, you'll need to provide more details about your ca

se. It is hard to tell from your post but it SOUNDS like she is the foreigner and you are the American and AoS has not been filed yet. 

Your profile says "K1 visa". If this is correct, your spouse is out of status if her i94 has expired. Has it been more than 90 days since her entry?

that info will have to be updated

current wife came here in 2016 and we married within 90 days but 9 months later was arrested and not lived with me since

and again do not know where spouse is she refuses to give her address and her friends claim not to know

we did not have the money yet to start aos and she has no ssn as they messed up her name at the time. no idea what she has done since being kicked out of here

she is in america but no idea where which is why she is probably planning to file first under her terms as she always wanted to financially destroy me (wants me to pay for her alimony so my "kids can starve")

also my ex found out the account to harass her was a fake account. other than the words used there is no proof, and again no address to file complaint

i do not know law stuff

28 minutes ago, EmilyW said:

Your ex needs to get some kind of restraining order against your wife.  She also needs to get a lawyer to send a 'cease and desist' against whoever is harassing her.

no one has money for lawyers and no one knows, or is giving up, where the current wife is

all i know is from some contacts she was last heard out of state

6 minutes ago, Numniuk said:

that info will have to be updated

current wife came here in 2016 and we married within 90 days but 9 months later was arrested and not lived with me since

and again do not know where spouse is she refuses to give her address and her friends claim not to know

we did not have the money yet to start aos and she has no ssn as they messed up her name at the time. no idea what she has done since being kicked out of here

she is in america but no idea where which is why she is probably planning to file first under her terms as she always wanted to financially destroy me (wants me to pay for her alimony so my "kids can starve")

also my ex found out the account to harass her was a fake account. other than the words used there is no proof, and again no address to file complaint

i do not know law stuff

Yeah good luck getting alimony because she won't get it at all. The good thing is that if she files for anything against you then you will be able to find out where she lives then. But seriously try to dig around alittle bit to see where she is exactly.

Filed: Timeline
9 hours ago, Numniuk said:

Hi all I have a dilemma

after all this time now it seems her friends have been harassing my exwife on her professional business social media pages saying how she contributed to "ruining her (my abusive spouse) life" even though my ex had nothing to do with anything and all she wants is to be left alone and can't understand why she is getting targeted and on her business pages for others to see

I do not know where my spouse is and have to file with a publication because none of her friends know or wont give me her address, neither will she as she never responded to my emails but she is out of state probably delaying to provide address so she can file first under her terms

because now she has friends stalking my exwife on her business stuff, can I reported this to someone somehow? Can I talk to the ucsis or someone about this that she gets notified if any of her friends harass a family member again she gets deported, arrested, or something? she is still illegal here in usa, yes? no ssn or aos, unless someone else got it for her

Please please please I need some help

thanks all so kindly

Your wife harassing your ex-wife does not involve you.  It's a civil matter.  Your ex-wife can report people harassing her.  You are not a part of the harassment, so nothing for you to do,

This is not an immigration matter, so notifying USCIS will go nowhere.

A cease and desist letter is worthless since 1) you don't know where your wife is so impossible to send her a letter, 2) a letter from a lawyer is simply that, a letter with no legal force.  A restraining order from a court would have legal force, however you still have the problem of not knowing how you would serve the restraining order on someone you don't where she's at.

Your wife is not going to get alimony for a short marriage.  Furthermore, if you couldn't get the money for AOS, she can't squeeze blood out of a stone. 

Divorce and move on.  Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about your wife harassing your ex.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems unlikely she is on ICE target list.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

3 minutes ago, Jojo92122 said:

Your wife harassing your ex-wife does not involve you.  It's a civil matter.  Your ex-wife can report people harassing her.  You are not a part of the harassment, so nothing for you to do,

This is not an immigration matter, so notifying USCIS will go nowhere.

A cease and desist letter is worthless since 1) you don't know where your wife is so impossible to send her a letter, 2) a letter from a lawyer is simply that, a letter with no legal force.  A restraining order from a court would have legal force, however you still have the problem of not knowing how you would serve the restraining order on someone you don't where she's at.

Your wife is not going to get alimony for a short marriage.  Furthermore, if you couldn't get the money for AOS, she can't squeeze blood out of a stone. 

Divorce and move on.  Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about your wife harassing your ex.

i understand what you are saying

the reason this involves me is because the wife having this happen to the ex's professional work pages is the income she makes for our children and having her clients and customers see comments about her and i ruining her (the wife's) life could be damaging to her business prospects

Timeline

Up to your ex to manage her on line presence, why does she allow comments?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

6 minutes ago, Numniuk said:

i understand what you are saying

the reason this involves me is because the wife having this happen to the ex's professional work pages is the income she makes for our children and having her clients and customers see comments about her and i ruining her (the wife's) life could be damaging to her business prospects

I understand what you mean, the harassment has an effect on you an your children.  But legally, it does not involve you.  Your wife is not harassing you, she is harassing your ex-wife.  Your ex-wife has to deal with it if she wants the authority involved..

Edited by Jojo92122

If your wife came on a K-1 visa, you are the only one who can help her AOS.  Even if you divorce and she marries another USC husband, she can not AOS.  You are the only way for her to AOS.  She will get clued into this eventually.  Then, she is going to claim domestic abuse to file under the VAWA.  Protect yourself.  DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE YOU ARE ALONE WITH HER.  BE CAREFUL.  A false charge of domestic abuse will be worse than her harassing your ex-wife.  It could ruin you and affect your kids.

10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Up to your ex to manage her on line presence, why does she allow comments?

i do not know. it all business type communications between peers i guess, running sales and blog stuff... is that the word, blog? blob....?

i am not business man :)

1 minute ago, Jojo92122 said:

If your wife came on a K-1 visa, you are the only one who can help her AOS.  Even if you divorce and she marries another USC husband, she can not AOS.  You are the only way for her to AOS.  She will get clued into this eventually.  Then, she is going to claim domestic abuse to file under the VAWA.  Protect yourself.  DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE YOU ARE ALONE WITH HER.  BE CAREFUL.  A false charge of domestic abuse will be worse than her harassing your ex-wife.  It could ruin you and affect your kids.

no worries

i not know what state she even in

Timeline

Leave it to your ex, hopefully she knows what she is doing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.