Neonred

A Billionaire and a Nurse Shouldn't Pay the Same Fine for Speeding...

272 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

it's not a fee/tax so much as a fine, its meant to be punishment. taking a hundred bucks from someone who makes that in a couple minutes is not a fair punishment when a hundred bucks to some is two weeks worth of groceries..

So if I can’t afford the consequences, I shouldn’t do it. It’s cold today, but the house is stuffy, if I go to work and leave the windows open, it will air out the house, but the heat will run all day. I can’t afford it. What should I do? Leave the windows open and tell the utility company I can’t afford to pay the bill? 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

1 minute ago, spookyturtle said:

So if I can’t afford the consequences, I shouldn’t do it. It’s cold today, but the house is stuffy, if I go to work and leave the windows open, it will air out the house, but the heat will run all day. I can’t afford it. What should I do? Leave the windows open and tell the utility company I can’t afford to pay the bill? 

is your house stuffy as a punishment for speeding?

2 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

is your house stuffy as a punishment for speeding?

I guess I’m just strange and believe that I am responsible for my own actions. If I can’t afford to pay a speeding ticket, I better not speed. Ditto for a parking ticket. I’m 100% in control. 

What would you suggest, a hearing  for every traffic violation where the offender has to submit tax returns, pay stubs etc to prove income and then have a decision made on the fine? 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Just now, spookyturtle said:

I guess I’m just strange and believe that I am responsible for my own actions. If I can’t afford to pay a speeding ticket, I better not speed. Ditto for a parking ticket. I’m 100% in control. 

What would you suggest, a hearing  for every traffic violation where the offender has to submit tax returns, pay stubs etc to prove income and then have a decision made on the fine? 

i suggest what i posted from the article, fines based on income. it's not that difficult.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

And if I can easily afford it I can do whatever I want?

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

i suggest what i posted from the article, fines based on income. it's not that difficult.

Sure it is. Everyone ticketed would have  to prove their  income. Try to do that with the tens of thousands of violations that occur everyday. The court system couldn’t handle it. 

1 minute ago, Jacque67 said:

And if I can easily afford it I can do whatever I want?

Nonsense. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Sure it is. Everyone ticketed would have  to prove their  income. Try to do that with the tens of thousands of violations that occur everyday. The court system couldn’t handle it. 

good thing there's not just one court system and everyone files taxes each year on their income. it's not that big a deal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, spookyturtle said:

Nonsense. 

Why? I know plenty who act on that premise.

Just now, smilesammich said:

good thing there's not just one court system and everyone files taxes each year on their income. it's not that big a deal.

There are more traffic violations nationwide than all other offenses combined. How’s the court system working now? Slooooooow. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
35 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

I don’t think it’s fair to randomly penalize someone just because they are wealthy. Speeding is speeding. Robbing a bank is robbing a bank. It’s against the law for everyone. 

Don’t speed. No fine.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

There are more traffic violations nationwide than all other offenses combined. How’s the court system working now? Slooooooow. 

so because courts are overburdened we can't improve? poor people go to prison for inability to pay in some areas, is this not burdensome the court system? obviously tax payers pay more money to jail someone than the actual fine..

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
3 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

I’m all about personal responsibility. I don’t blame anyone else for my problems, financial or otherwise. 

All being equal, sure. The world sure ain't equal though  Some people are wealthy because they had wealthy parents. Why punish the poor, for being poor? Isn't the law supposed to be applied equally, so why are the rich being given a free pass to do what they want?

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received