KazuriSana

****hole Immigrants

374 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
38 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

Florida has insane property taxes. I think overall people pay same amount ( it's just called something different) but people from Norway and Netherlands are better protected. And I have to admit, I like that because that's what I grew up with. Knowing that I don't have to worry about essential things like healthcare.

I'm not sure. I have an apt in South Beach and I pay less than $3k.

In NJ you can pay up to $20k for a house (in NJ!!!)

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Italian_in_NYC said:

I'm not sure. I have an apt in South Beach and I pay less than $3k.

In NJ you can pay up to $20k for a house (in NJ!!!)

I just looked it up, it depends on the county, we live in a high property taxes area. Awhile ago we were looking for houses and I like that they show how much property tax you will pay, on Z.illow. Some of them are actually more then the monthly mortgage payment.

20K is insane, I would move.

Edited by -Trinity-

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline
54 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

You don’t have to worry about healthcare here either.  You just have to use part of your salary to purchase health insurance.  Just as in other countries, you have to use part of your salary to cover doctor and hospital visits.

AK and TX are pretty high on property taxes as well.  But they have no state income tax.  So it all averages out, I suspect.  AL has state income tax, but low property taxes.

I'm not sure about that, I know my insurance was about  €100 a month, kids included. We did pay taxes though, not sure how much that exactly was, I believe it was around  €2000 annually. Depends on income.

Right now we pay about $600 a month.

Edited by -Trinity-

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, -Trinity- said:

I just looked it up, it depends on the county, we live in a high property taxes area. Awhile ago we were looking for houses and I like that they show how much property tax you will pay, on Z.illow. Some of them are actually more then the monthly mortgage payment.

20K is insane, I would move.

So the county you are in is run by Democrats?

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

So the county you are in is run by Democrats?

Politics in the Netherlands are different compared to America. It's not one party that is in charge. It's usually a collaboration between the biggest party and it's coalition parties. 

I think you can say it the politics lean more towards the left ( even the liberals, which is on the right side unlike the American liberals )

https://www.amsterdam.info/netherlands/political-system/

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Timeline
37 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

Politics in the Netherlands are different compared to America. It's not one party that is in charge. It's usually a collaboration between the biggest party and it's coalition parties. 

I think you can say it the politics lean more towards the left ( even the liberals, which is on the right side unlike the American liberals )

I think he was referring to your county in FL.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, -Trinity- said:

I thought you were referring to a US county and high property taxes?  If not, I apologize.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, IDWAF said:

I think he was referring to your county in FL.

Lol, djeez...I think I need glasses. Thank you for pointing that out.

No, I believe its Republicans.

Just now, Bill & Katya said:

I thought you were referring to a US county and high property taxes?  If not, I apologize.

You're right. I was doing too many things at the same time and read countRy...lol

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, -Trinity- said:

see, your liberals don't even know what side of the road to be on!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

see, your liberals don't even know what side of the road to be on!

Hahaha, we just don't like to put labels on stuff. 

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

On 1/17/2018 at 6:39 AM, Bill & Katya said:

Doesn't Durbin have a long history of saying things that are questionable for political reasons?

Little late on the reply but...

Doesn't Trump?

Well maybe not that long of a history, but that's because he hasn't been at the game long enough. He's certainly made a name for himself in the "saying questionable things for political reasons" department during his short time on the political stage.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

26734393_1932554756772002_35824376948030

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

23 hours ago, IDWAF said:

You don’t have to worry about healthcare here either.  You just have to use part of your salary to purchase health insurance.  Just as in other countries, you have to use part of your salary to cover doctor and hospital visits.

AK and TX are pretty high on property taxes as well.  But they have no state income tax.  So it all averages out, I suspect.  AL has state income tax, but low property taxes.

There is a big difference between using part of your salary to purchase healthcare after the fact, and paying taxes into a national health system.

For the average healthy person it may seem very similar. You would notice the difference as soon as you actually became severely ill. In one system it is guaranteed to you throughout your illness, you won't lose coverage even if you can't contribute the same amount in taxes because you are sick. In the other system, the insurance company, if employer provided, will eventually drop you if you do not stay employed. You will pay much much larger out of pocket expenses. Prior to the "evil obamacare", you would also be subjected to lifetime limits.

Our system is fine if you are healthy and employed. It's horrible if you are poor, or you get seriously ill and can no longer work. Connecting health insurance to your employment status never made sense to me. When you are seriously ill you can't work, so you will lose that coverage.