rjgacek

Anybody processing N-400 SEATTLE Field Office

23 posts in this topic

The processing time charts are very confusing.  Anyone processing through the Seattle Field Office maybe can help.  No one can tell me the normal processing time from receipt of our N-400 until the Letter showing date of our interview.  They all say check the Processing Times chart, but that seems to be very confusing and misleading.

USCIS received our N-400 application on 3/7/2017,  Did the Biometrics on 3/27/17 and received noticed that we are In line for Interview on 4/17/2017.  So does the processing time date start from receipt of the N-400 on 3/7/17 or from the date of the notice that we are In Line for an Interview dated 4/17/17.  From date they received our application it has been 6 months.  Date of notice of In line for interview then it has been almost five months.

Is this still within normal processing time or longer than normal processing time.  Hoping someone can answer that is also dealing with the Seattle Field Office.

Thank you kindly

Ron

I'd suggest looking through the filing and progress reports and looking for entries for the field office that concerns you. 

As for "normal" processing times, it really depends on too many things to be normal. If you applied in March of this year then I would say you are well within normal timelines. 

Seattle field office is really backlogged right now like many other offices nationwide. It takes around 7 to 8 months on average to be scheduled for interview. Crazy thing is it was around 4 months early this year and late 2016. It's a cycle that keeps repeating on and off. Processing times though are from your priority date as noted on the fist notice of action you initially received when USCIS accepted your N 400 application. Good luck you're almost there. 

15 hours ago, Starkilla09 said:

Seattle field office is really backlogged right now like many other offices nationwide. It takes around 7 to 8 months on average to be scheduled for interview. Crazy thing is it was around 4 months early this year and late 2016. It's a cycle that keeps repeating on and off. Processing times though are from your priority date as noted on the fist notice of action you initially received when USCIS accepted your N 400 application. Good luck you're almost there. 

Thank you for the information, very helpful.

If I was correct, your question will be regarding to how to read a processing time chart.

As of June 30 2017, they are processing cases as of October 27 2016. 

When you counted the time, it would give you approximately 8 months. 

Usually the process will take sooner than that.

Your case was submitted on March 2017, it means your case would probably fall outside the normal processing time around November-December this year.  

For now, you are still inside the normal processing time.

Edited by rlam57

22 minutes ago, Cathy2me said:

Anyone tried to apply online thru mobile phones? or e-filling is available to desktop only? Im just curious.

Mobile phone seems to small... N400 is long though. 

It is possible to fill the form with iPad rather than an iPhone. (or smart phone)

1 minute ago, rlam57 said:

Mobile phone seems to small... N400 is long though. 

It is possible to fill the form with iPad rather than an iPhone. (or smart phone)

Thanks! Hoping tablet works smoothly since i don't  have a desktop or laptop. But anybody tries filling using their smart phones or tablets let me know how it goes.

11 hours ago, Cathy2me said:

Thanks! Hoping tablet works smoothly since i don't  have a desktop or laptop. But anybody tries filling using their smart phones or tablets let me know how it goes.

You'll be fine as long as you have the photos of your documents on your tablet. 

23 hours ago, rlam57 said:

If I was correct, your question will be regarding to how to read a processing time chart.

As of June 30 2017, they are processing cases as of October 27 2016. 

When you counted the time, it would give you approximately 8 months. 

Usually the process will take sooner than that.

Your case was submitted on March 2017, it means your case would probably fall outside the normal processing time around November-December this year.  

For now, you are still inside the normal processing time.

Thank for the great information this is the kind of answer I was looking for.  No one was giving me approximate time in months, you really helped.  Thank you kindly 

19 hours ago, Natty09 said:

I thought your case in normal process. I'm at Seattle field office too.

My timeline:

USCIS received my case in system on Dec 17,2016

I had fingers print on Jan 17,2017

I had interview on Aug 4,2017

You have to wait for 1 or 2 months.

Thank you 

Not sure which processing times chart you're looking at (USCIS or VJ or something else), but just in case you haven't found the VJ timeline data for the Seattle office, here it is: 

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?op6=All&op7=Seattle+WA&op1=&op2=&op4=1&op5=5%2C10%2C11&cfl=0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.