dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2017

716 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to another monthly thread for those going through NVC

Please read everything below and refer to it throughout your NVC journey, whether this is your first month at NVC or your third. :bonk:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before posting questions, please read the wiki Saylin wrote on the NVC process here. Once you're done, read it one or two more times to really understand it ;)Don't forget to also read the official form instructions as well as USCIS and NVC's websites!

If you want to see a visual of the NVC process, please view Saylin's flowchart here.

Yes this thread was created by our great Queen Saylin and the knowledge is still going forward. This thread I pray stays alive and well as many who have gone through the process or still going can chime in and help and assist.

If you're wondering about time frames, look at the fellow members right here in this thread! Study their signatures/timelines and make notes. VJ also has this awesome page. Use it! I sure did during my process smile.png That means if you are on this thread WE expect you to have an up to date timeline.

And once you've got a case complete, please join the case complete/interview thread started by me, Dwheels76 on (currently September 2017 thread),

18451748_1328988913845791_2058638441303094142_o.jpg

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

@NihalV Just checked CEAC and my IV fee status said "Pay Now". Since it hadn't been deducted from our account, we paid again. I hope this is for real this time. 

13-Mar-18 - POE

27-Apr-18 - Green card received

13-Jan-20 - Mailed out I-751 packet

15-Jan-20 - NOA date

12-Feb-20 - Biometrics appt completed; Status: Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken

07-Oct-20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

06-Jul-21 - Interview scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone. We just received NOA2 in the mail on yesterday (7/31). The approval date on the letter is 7/26 but no emails, text, or website updates yet. Since we were notified late in the month I'm assuming this is the correct tread to follow. I was trying to find out the process for expediting the NVC process. At what point in the process can you send the request to expedite?

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

Tanks God I did not have to deal with nvc payments issues. I paid my IV on 7/31 and I am able to complete my IV today. 

TIMELINE

29 December 2015 - married in Dominican Republic

USCIS Phase

21 November 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox 

22 November 2016 I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

25 November - NOA1 received in the mail

???? - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

????- NOA 2 received in the mail 

????- Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

????- Case received by NVC

???? - NVC case number assigned

???? -  DS-261 Completed Online
???? - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
????- IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
????- DS-260 Completed
???? - AOS and IV package sent

--------------------------------------------------------
??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

4 hours ago, Lacosta said:

Tanks God I did not have to deal with nvc payments issues. I paid my IV on 7/31 and I am able to complete my IV today. 

Lucky you! 

13-Mar-18 - POE

27-Apr-18 - Green card received

13-Jan-20 - Mailed out I-751 packet

15-Jan-20 - NOA date

12-Feb-20 - Biometrics appt completed; Status: Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken

07-Oct-20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

06-Jul-21 - Interview scheduled

Timeline

Well I submitted my ds-260 last night and my package is suppose to arrive today to nvc, one time they receive it and scan it, I can officially start counting my 11 weeks.:jest::D

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

NVC Phase

????- DS-260 Completed

??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

I need to stop comparing our case to others as far as a timeline for our case being in review/CC or I'm going to start reliving the I-130 days again when I was super jealous watching everyone get their NOA2 before us lol. I was happy for them every time, but a little part of me just wanted that to be our case!  

Tomorrow we hit the 6 week mark and I know it's unrealistic for ours to be in review already or to get a CC, but when I see that happening for others it makes me believe it could happen for us! I'm too scared to call though and be disappointed so I'm going to wait until 7 weeks to call and check. 

USCIS
09/23/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/16/2017: Case transferred to Texas Service Center

05/6/2017: NOA2, did not receive electronic notification

05/12/2017: Received NOA2 via snail mail 

05/18/2017: Notification received on App that case was sent to NVC
NVC
05/23/2017: Case received at NVC

06/01/2017: Received case and invoice number via phone

06/06/2017: Received e-mail with case and invoice number, fees paid

06/20/2017: DS-260 submitted and AOS/IV package sent 

06/22/2017: Scan Date

08/23/2017: Case in Review Department

08/25/2017: Case Complete 

10/19/2017: Interview (Approved!!)

10/24/2017: POE - Houston, Texas  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

We got our ds-260 completed last night and emailed our documents in. Luckily our consulate is one of the ones that is allowed to use email processing. Hopefully we will have a case complete in about 3 weeks.

Good luck everybody, hopefully everything goes more smoothly now that they payment issues seem to have been fixed.

Relationship:     First met 2015, Married since Oct 2016

Spoiler

2015 Apr - First met and started chatting online (he was in the US on a J-1 visa)

2015 Sep - J-1 visa expires (2 year home stay requirement)

2016 Feb - First trip to China (10 days): met friends and family, celebrated Spring Festival (Chinese New Year), lots of sightseeing (including seeing pandas), and lots of food

2016 Feb 06 - Purchase matching jade necklaces to mark engagement

2016 Jun/Jul - Second trip to China (10 days): lots more sightseeing, food, and time with friends/family

2016 Sep/Oct - Third trip to China (10 days) this time with my parents so that my parents could meet him and his mom, along with lots of sightseeing and food (i'm sure you've picked up on a trend by now :D)

2016 Oct - At the end of the time in China my parents, myself, and Xuan all traveled to Canada (7 days) so that we could get married, but unfortunately his mom couldn't come along with us.

2016 Oct 08 - Wedding day on top of Mount Washington on Vancouver Island, and it had just snowed the night before. (L)(L)

2017 Jan - Fourth trip to China (7 days), you guessed it: food, family, friends, spring festival, ...

The CR-1 Process:    NOA1 - PD 27 Dec 2016 (TSC)

Spoiler

2016 Dec 21 - Sent I-130 packet (along with G-1145 for e-notification) by USPS priority mail express (1-day), but missed the pick-up so it won't actually leave till the next day

2016 Dec 23 - Delivery confirmed by USPS

2017 Jan 03 - Payment drawn from bank account

2017 Jan 04 - Text and email confirming USCIS receipt of petition, assignment to Texas Service Center for processing and SRC case number

2017 Jan 09 - Received I-797c notice of action by mail (NOA1) with assigned priority date of 27 Dec 2016

2017 ??? ......... just waiting patiently for NOA2 (hopefully by April/May if they ever stop transferring cases from Nebraska)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

I received my NOA2 in the mail last week dated 7/27.  Still no update on website or app but following this thread as I will hopefully begin at NVC sometime in August..lol   Thanks for all the info above...very useful!  :)

27 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Hi Everyone,

I received my NOA2 in the mail last week dated 7/27.  Still no update on website or app but following this thread as I will hopefully begin at NVC sometime in August..lol   Thanks for all the info above...very useful!  :)

You should call nvc to verify if they have received your case, then you can ask or wait for your case number and IIN

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Hi Everyone,

they usually take 2 weeks to send it to nvc and 2 more weeks to get your case and invoice number. that happened to me.

TIMELINE

USCIS Phase

NVC Phase

????- DS-260 Completed

??? - Scan date

??? - Case Complete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.