2,532 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, tdotca said:

Wow that is fantastic! I am still waiting for my biometrics letter or a letter saying that they don't need it like you received. Silly though, they sent you letter sayiing they can use your previous fingerprints then they sent you a biometric appointment letter?? 

I sent a letter to reschedule my biometrics appointment, today I received a response stating that I'm actually NOT required to go for biometrics!

5 hours ago, Sugar_ said:

I sent a letter to reschedule my biometrics appointment, today I received a response stating that I'm actually NOT required to go for biometrics!

NIce!

I-129F Sent : 2014-09-15
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-09-24
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-20
NVC Left : 2014-11-05
Packet 3 Received : 2014-11-13
Packet 4 Received : 2014-12-05
Medical : 2014-12-19
Interview Date : 2015-01-23 Montreal
Interview Result : Approved 2015-01-23
Loomis picked up passport from Montreal: 2015-01-27
Passport/visa in hand:2015-01-30

POE'd at Toronto Pearson Airport: 2015-04-01

SSN received: 2015-04-08 or so

Married : 2015-04-23

AOS/EAD/AP submitted as one : 2015-05-19

Biometrics AOS: 2015-06-15

EAD approved : 2015 July but did not receive until 2015-09-30

AOS interview: 2015-09-25

AOS approved: 2015-09-25

GC received: 2015-10-02

ROC I751 package mailed 7/19
uscis received package 7/21 as per USPS
check cashed 7/25/2017
noa i797 dated 7/21/2107/ WAC17293xxx
noa i797 received 7/27/2017

Biometrics not needed; used what was on file

Infopass i551 stamp ( 12months) done 8/17/2018

No RFE.

No Interview.

ROC approved Oct 25,2018.  i797 notice received Oct 29,2018 

PR card received Oct 30 2018 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/8/2017 at 4:44 PM, Sugar_ said:

I am starting to think that USCIS is indecisive about my biometric requirements!

did you receive Biometrics letter? :)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Timeline

why is my Biometrics info not updated on my Online status? has anyone gotten any update online?

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

My NOA1 is June 6th and now over 3 months later I still haven't received my biometrics appointment yet. It doesn't matter to me since I'm going to be outside the country until around March but I'm starting to wonder if I will ever get my new greencard. :D

When I try to check my status online it still says that it can't be found....

K1 Visa:

I-129F sent: 05/12/2014

NOA1: 05/16/2014

Transfer from TSC to CSC: 08/08/2014

NOA2: 09/08/2014

Case# assigned: 09/22/2014

Consulate received: 09/30/2014

Packet 3 received: 10/04/2014

Packet 3 sent: 10/31/2014

Packet 4 received: 11/4/2014

Interview date: 11/19/2014 - Approved!

Visa received: 11/21/2014

POE Chicago: 01/08/2015

Wedding: 03/14/2015 (L)

AOS:

AOS/EAD/AP sent: 03/27/2015

NOA1: 04/02/2015

Biometrics: 04/30/2015

EAD/AP approved: 06/17/2015

EAD/AP card received: 06/24/2015

Interview waiver letter received: 07/24/2015

NOA2: 09/04/15

Greencard received: 09/13/2015

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

just got a notice today that they don't need me to take a biometrics test and they will use the previously taken test. Finally some good news after three months. 

Wondering what's next step? Will it be interview? Has someone else received the same notice know what we can expect next? 

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

8 hours ago, littleitaly said:

just got a notice today that they don't need me to take a biometrics test and they will use the previously taken test. Finally some good news after three months. 

Wondering what's next step? Will it be interview? Has someone else received the same notice know what we can expect next? 

Just wondering, did they give u an actual tracking number for your case on that notice?  I know people get numbers from bio letters, but don't know if they give it if you are not required for bio... It's been almost 2 months for me and my son waiting for bio and nothing, just want to be prepared in case we get the same.

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, guys. 

It's been awhile since i posted here - was in my home country for almost 4 weeks.. Well, got back last Friday night and already miss the time I spent in Ukraine. :) .  

Anyway,  just wanted to share my experience, traveling with an Extension Letter and flying through Canada on my way back.

So, as always, Lufthansa is the best and obviously,  knows what they are doing ;) Also - knowledgeable what an Extension Letter stands for, so no problem AT ALL, form the beginning to the end.

Air Canada - the same (I had a "combo" for my return flight - Lufthansa & Air Canada).

The only thing - if you are not a Canadian, but you are a US resident, you have to apply for eTA (electronic Travel Authorization) to be able to make it through Canada. It costs $7, and takes 5 minutes -  from submission of your on-line application to actual decision. 

Also, I had to go through US custom in Toronto, .. well, actually  through two customs, Canadian and US.   Good thing about this - you don't have to pick up your luggage there as you do at your first stop in the US. In Canada it's taken care of - you just have to worry about going through customs and  not being late for your next flight :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ksenia_O said:

Hi, guys. 

It's been awhile since i posted here - was in my home country for almost 4 weeks.. Well, got back last Friday night and already miss the time I spent in Ukraine. :) .  

Anyway,  just wanted to share my experience, traveling with an Extension Letter and flying through Canada on my way back.

So, as always, Lufthansa is the best and obviously,  knows what they are doing ;) Also - knowledgeable what an Extension Letter stands for, so no problem AT ALL, form the beginning to the end.

Air Canada - the same (I had a "combo" for my return flight - Lufthansa & Air Canada).

The only thing - if you are not a Canadian, but you are a US resident, you have to apply for eTA (electronic Travel Authorization) to be able to make it through Canada. It costs $7, and takes 5 minutes -  from submission of your on-line application to actual decision. 

Also, I had to go through US custom in Toronto, .. well, actually  through two customs, Canadian and US.   Good thing about this - you don't have to pick up your luggage there as you do at your first stop in the US. In Canada it's taken care of - you just have to worry about going through customs and  not being late for your next flight :) 

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'll be traveling to Mexico in about a month, I'm not really worried about arriving to customs in the US, but worried more about before I board my plane in Mexico, what can I do if they don't recognize my letter?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, dannymx said:

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'll be traveling to Mexico in about a month, I'm not really worried about arriving to customs in the US, but worried more about before I board my plane in Mexico, what can I do if they don't recognize my letter?

They should :)

My main concern was also not about going through US or German or Canadian customs, but to get out of my home country...

I think mostly it depends on an Air Company you use. I did some research before my trip and kinda got an idea that Lufthansa should be fine with an Ext.Letter. The same with Air Canada.

You can have this guide printed, with you. just in case. 

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Carrier Information Guide- English.pdf

p.9-10 and p.38

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
1 minute ago, Ksenia_O said:

They should :)

My main concern was also not about going through US or German or Canadian customs, but to get out of my home country...

I think mostly it depends on an Air Company you use. I did some research before my trip and kinda got an idea that Lufthansa should be fine with an Ext.Letter. The same with Air Canada.

You can have this guide printed, with you. just in case. 

https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Carrier Information Guide- English.pdf

p.9-10 and p.38

That's a great document! I'll save it on my phone and maybe print it just in case.

Thanks!

Timeline
1 hour ago, dannymx said:

That's a great document! I'll save it on my phone and maybe print it just in case.

Thanks!

You are very welcome!!!

Enjoy time in Mexico and - have a safe trip!!! :) 

Hey guys,

i mailed mine Tuesday thinking it would arrive Friday but looks like it might arrive today. I'm hoping it won't as our date doesn't open until tomorrow and don't want it returned.

Also a little worried as I dates it a couple days ago. But surely that's okay? Why would I date my paperwork for the day it arrives, right? I prepped everything last week so I dated it then...  

Any ideas?   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.