2,532 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, gc@gc said:

some, if not all or most, paystubs contain marriage status

Well, paystubs only indicate the info you provided on your W-4 for your employer. In what rate you want your taxes to be withheld.  That's it.

What about people who are married but has never changed their status on their W-4 from "single" to "married"? And what about those who got divorced, but simply didn't bother themselves with  marital status change on W-4?.. It doesn't really prove anything.  

Tax Transcript, for example, indicates a marital status as well. Besides, it shows the address.  So, it's more solid evidence for ROC.

The process is more about quality, not a quantity.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
On 11/7/2017 at 5:35 AM, Jack88 said:

Hi visa Journey family 

So I was just checking the information pertaining to California Service Center processing times for I-751 applications. It says that those processing dates are "as of August 31 2017" even though in the bottom of the page it says that the page was last updated on October 31 2017. This is already a tad confusing here's the link so you can check the processing times chart for CSC for yourselves https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcXsDHZyxt5Y5wv3mw_v

However, the above is not the most concerning part. If we take those processing times to be as of August 31 2017 the chart indicates that by then they were processing cases from JULY 19 2016!!!! that is 1 year 1 month and 12 days. That is ridiculous!! My 1 year extension would be expiring by then, not even my I-485 application took that long, that one took like 9-10 months. I was expecting this thing to be faster since is most straightforward than an initial adjustment of status/petition of foreign relative request, but now it turns out it might take even longer. Wow I am very disconcerted. 

Cheers, and sorry for the rant. Hopefully someone can provide some encouraging insight in the face of such rubbish. :D

Don't want to upset you even more, but ROC currently takes up to 14-5 months.

Our I-485, for my son and me, took 15 months. .. Still alive :) 

Just take a look at  mindthegap  timeline - I-751 denied after almost 2.5 years (884 days), had to re-file. Or Ebunoluwa , when first K1 got denied after 16 months of AP.....  to realize that a possible long wait is, actually, nothing, compared to what other people are facing and going through.

I-751 is not a priority for USCIS. There are still a lot of July&August 2016 ROC filers, who are waiting for their 10 years green card. So, relax - it's gonna be a long ride and there is nothing we can do about that. It takes what it takes. :)

P.S. When your Extension letter is almost expired, you should make an InfoPass appointment and get your passport stamped with I-551. Green card can be kept by USCIS in exchange for a stamp, so you should make a copy of the card before you go to get a stamp.

Edited by Ksenia_O

So a little tangent from what's being talked about right now. We filed our 751 in June and were waiting the ASC notice. I was going to call them today because I used the email service to request and update 2 months ago and it came back saying we were put in queue to get an appointment date. However I was looking at our NOA and it says: "NOTE: conditional resident applicants...WILL NOT RECEIVE an ASC appointment notice. To complete biometric processing, these applicants must submit the required items listed on the I-751 form instructions."

I'm a little confused about that part because we're all conditional resident applicants but most of us are receiving ASC notices, yes? And the I-751 instructions don't say anything about documents to complete biometric processing. Just the basics about stuff we need to send in for ROC. So do I need to worry about not getting an ASC notice when we have a receipt date of June 8th?

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
On 11/8/2017 at 12:10 PM, Coogah said:

So a little tangent from what's being talked about right now. We filed our 751 in June and were waiting the ASC notice. I was going to call them today because I used the email service to request and update 2 months ago and it came back saying we were put in queue to get an appointment date. However I was looking at our NOA and it says: "NOTE: conditional resident applicants...WILL NOT RECEIVE an ASC appointment notice. To complete biometric processing, these applicants must submit the required items listed on the I-751 form instructions."

I'm a little confused about that part because we're all conditional resident applicants but most of us are receiving ASC notices, yes? And the I-751 instructions don't say anything about documents to complete biometric processing. Just the basics about stuff we need to send in for ROC. So do I need to worry about not getting an ASC notice when we have a receipt date of June 8th?

Hmmm, that worries me too! But I’m confused have you done biometrics? Which center did you file with? 

41 minutes ago, ReRe2015 said:

Hmmm, that worries me too! But I’m confused have you done biometrics? Which center did you file with? 

We filed with CSC and we still haven't gotten anything for biometrics...5 months later... I just called a minute ago and the rep said we were out of normal processing time. He blamed it on the wildfires in CA and couldn't give me anything more because I'm just the USC spouse and he needed my husband to give consent in order to talk to me. Just seems like we drew the short straw because almost everyone has their biometrics done or scheduled. *sigh*

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline
1 minute ago, Coogah said:

We filed with CSC and we still haven't gotten anything for biometrics...5 months later... I just called a minute ago and the rep said we were out of normal processing time. He blamed it on the wildfires in CA and couldn't give me anything more because I'm just the USC spouse and he needed my husband to give consent in order to talk to me. Just seems like we drew the short straw because almost everyone has their biometrics done or scheduled. *sigh*

I’m so sorry! I really hope they get it sorted out for you and your hubby ASAP!! 🙏🏻

It’s such a lengthy process!!!! 😡

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Just back to share my experience traveling with the extension letter:

I didn't have any issues in Mexico, when I checked in my bags, I showed them my expired Green Card, and they asked for my extension letter (without me even mentioning about it). So they are aware of those extensions letters.

Back in the US everything was smooth as well, the customs officer asked for the letter and everything was fine after that.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hey everyone! My husband received his NOA1 on June 8th of this year. We still haven’t heard about a biometric appointment. I’ve seen a few people say they requested an appointment or something and they were told they were added to a queue. Can someone send me the link for this? 

We’ve also tried calling but have but have never connected to a real person. Since we don’t have the biometric receipt number we can’t track it and they can’t access it through the automated options. It’s been years since I’ve called them and have forgotten how to get through to an actual human, any tips? Thanks!! 

02/04/14: I-129f Sent

02/0714: I-129f Delivered

02/11/14: NOA1 Electronic Copy Received

02/1314: Alien Registration Number changed

04/21/14: NOA2 Electronic Copy Received

04/29/14: NVC Received Case / LND Number Received

05/06/14: London Received Case

05/13/14: DS-160 Submitted

05/15/14: Medial Exam

05/18/14: Readiness Form Submitted

05/22/14: Packet 3 Received

06/19/14: Interview - APPROVED!!!!

06/23/14: Visa Issued

07/28/14: POE Chicago!!!

08/18/14: Got married :)

09/17/14: AOS/EAD/AP Packet Sent

09/18/14: AOS Packet Received

09/22/14: EAD Electronic Notice of Action

11/25/14: EAD/AP Approved

12/04/14: EAD/AP Received

05/23/15: Big Reception With Both our Families!

06/26/15: Letter of Approval!

07/02/15: Greencard Arrived in Mail!

Hey Michelle. We're in the exact same boat as you. We have a receipt date on our NOA1 of June 8th and filed at CSC. I filed an online service request and got this as a response:

"The status of this service request is:
On August 11, 2017, you notified USCIS that you have not received an appointment to have your biometric images processed. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been resolved.

The name of the applicant on a Form I-751 petition is automatically added to the Application Support Center (ASC) scheduling roster upon USCIS receipt of the filing. Once confirmed in the system, a biometrics appointment notice specifying the time and location will be sent.

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

1 hour ago, MichelleRenee said:

Hey everyone! My husband received his NOA1 on June 8th of this year. We still haven’t heard about a biometric appointment. I’ve seen a few people say they requested an appointment or something and they were told they were added to a queue. Can someone send me the link for this? 

We’ve also tried calling but have but have never connected to a real person. Since we don’t have the biometric receipt number we can’t track it and they can’t access it through the automated options. It’s been years since I’ve called them and have forgotten how to get through to an actual human, any tips? Thanks!! 

Can't see where I can edit my post, so here's another one!

Hey Michelle. We're in the exact same boat as you. We have a receipt date on our NOA1 of June 8th and filed at CSC. I filed an online service request and got this as a response:

On August 11, 2017, you notified USCIS that you have not received an appointment to have your biometric images processed. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been resolved.
  The name of the applicant on a Form I-751 petition is automatically added to the Application Support Center (ASC) scheduling roster upon USCIS receipt of the filing. Once confirmed in the system, a biometrics appointment notice specifying the time   and location will be sent."

Since August we STILL haven't received anything, so I called about 3 weeks ago. Since I'm not the applicant the CS rep wouldn't speak with me, even though my name is all over the application as spouse. Kinda miffed me but I managed to get from him that it appeared our case was outside of normal processing time and he also cited the natural disasters (fires) in CA as another reason why it is taking so long. 

Now about 2 weeks ago I called with my husband and was finally able to talk about the case a little more. The rep started filling out information for a new service request but he said only a tier 2 could do so because his access was blocked. And it just so happened that they weren't transferring to tier 2's because of a high call volume. Sooooooooooo...we still need to call back and get that service request hammered out.

You can fill out a service request online here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do ;but I'd recommend just calling because I don't think they'll be able to do a request over the phone if you've already started one online. 

I've gotten a hold of a live person by pressing 1 when it asks for English/Spanish, 1 again when you're in the menu (think it's the option for requesting forms), then 2 for "other forms". You should then be connected to a live rep that'll be able to get you started. You'll need to have your husband by the phone (mine's Korean and his English is still a little rough in these situations so he had to give consent for me to talk with the rep) or just have your husband call himself.

Think I'm done with my book. I'm really interested in knowing what happens with you two since you seems to be in the exact position we are in. Keep us updated!

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/2/2017 at 1:07 PM, Coogah said:

Can't see where I can edit my post, so here's another one!

The name of the applicant on a Form I-751 petition is automatically added to the Application Support Center (ASC) scheduling roster upon USCIS receipt of the filing. Once confirmed in the system, a biometrics appointment notice specifying the time   and location will be sent."

Since August we STILL haven't received anything, so I called about 3 weeks ago. Since I'm not the applicant the CS rep wouldn't speak with me, even though my name is all over the application as spouse. Kinda miffed me but I managed to get from him that it appeared our case was outside of normal processing time and he also cited the natural disasters (fires) in CA as another reason why it is taking so long. 

Now about 2 weeks ago I called with my husband and was finally able to talk about the case a little more. The rep started filling out information for a new service request but he said only a tier 2 could do so because his access was blocked. And it just so happened that they weren't transferring to tier 2's because of a high call volume. Sooooooooooo...we still need to call back and get that service request hammered out.

You can fill out a service request online here: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do ;but I'd recommend just calling because I don't think they'll be able to do a request over the phone if you've already started one online. 

I've gotten a hold of a live person by pressing 1 when it asks for English/Spanish, 1 again when you're in the menu (think it's the option for requesting forms), then 2 for "other forms". You should then be connected to a live rep that'll be able to get you started. You'll need to have your husband by the phone (mine's Korean and his English is still a little rough in these situations so he had to give consent for me to talk with the rep) or just have your husband call himself.

Think I'm done with my book. I'm really interested in knowing what happens with you two since you seems to be in the exact position we are in. Keep us updated!

Hey Coogah.

I'm in the same boat too. We got our NOA around June 8 and since then I have sent in a online service request and called. They basically gave me the same response after I called in November and said they would send in another "request"...I'm still waiting. Getting really nervous. Would love to hear how the process goes for you, and contemplating whether I should give them another call since it's been a little more then a month now. 

2 hours ago, Trason said:

Hey Coogah.

I'm in the same boat too. We got our NOA around June 8 and since then I have sent in a online service request and called. They basically gave me the same response after I called in November and said they would send in another "request"...I'm still waiting. Getting really nervous. Would love to hear how the process goes for you, and contemplating whether I should give them another call since it's been a little more then a month now. 

Have they given you any reasons why the holdup? I thought maybe the local branch where they do biometrics may be backed up or something? But it's a little frustrating to see the majority of June filers (and later filers) already on their way with biometrics and us stuck with no answers. I'll keep everyone updated when we hear more information.

Webp.net-resizeimage.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Coogah said:

Have they given you any reasons why the holdup? I thought maybe the local branch where they do biometrics may be backed up or something? But it's a little frustrating to see the majority of June filers (and later filers) already on their way with biometrics and us stuck with no answers. I'll keep everyone updated when we hear more information.

They said that the fire they had in California has caused a backlog in their scheduling department. Maybe we talked to the same person who gave both of us the same excuse haha. It is so frustrating! I was worried I did something wrong with my application...hoping that's not the case. I may try and call again this weekend but not feeling too hopeful with the results.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Need help. I received my Extension Letter in June.

We are planning to travel to Philippines in February. My name on the passport is different from any government issued IDs I have because I changed my name to use my husband's last name.

In buying the airline ticket, which name should I follow? My passport or my married name? Should I take my marriage certificate with me as I travel?

Will I face any problem with only the Extension Letter? Worse scenario, if they will not acknowledge my Extension Letter, can I come in to US using Visa Waiver as I am holding a Canadian Passport.

Please help. Thank you all!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.