tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, rmpiedra said:

You have to call the NVC everyday not USCIS. 603-334-0700. 

Hi Thanks, I have been calling NVC every other day but they haven't received my file yet. Called USCIS and spoke to Tier 2 officer she said she can't see if the case was sent or not to NVC as she doesn't have full access!! But she did say that last activity on my account was on October 5th. I received my NOA2 on October 4th, dated October 2nd. So maybe this is good sign and maybe they sent my case on Oct 5th. 

She said she will make a support request for someone at USCIS to look at my case in detail and I should hear back from them in 10 to 15 days regarding if my case was sent to NVC or not for counselor processing. 

She also did mention that it can take 4 to 8 weeks for NVC to actually see case in their system even if they have it in house!

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:19 AM, Elisa Maltez said:

Omg 😲! You sent a lot of evidence IDK how they could be asking for more, please don't forget to let us know what they ask for when u get the letter. 

I received my RFE letter yesterday and they are requesting a legible photocopy of the legal termination of marriage of my husband.  Which I did I sent them the copy I got from the court.  Well this morning I went back to the court and got a certified copy and I'm just sending that.  Looks exactly like the same one I sent originally.  I can always go back and get another certified copy. 

Capture.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Vazquez520 said:

I received my RFE letter yesterday and they are requesting a legible photocopy of the legal termination of marriage of my husband.  Which I did I sent them the copy I got from the court.  Well this morning I went back to the court and got a certified copy and I'm just sending that.  Looks exactly like the same one I sent originally.  I can always go back and get another certified copy. 

Capture.PNG

Omg thank u for letting me know! This info is really important to me because we have a similar case, but we sent the legal termination of the previous married with the "apostille" of the consulate of the country it was given.  I hope they don't ask for the same to us because I don't know what else we could send 😱

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well the verbage they used was submit a legible photocopy of the legal termination of marriage.  I did I sent the exact same one that I'm sending today but this time I just got a certified copy and I'm sending it like that.  The RFE letter doesn't say that it has to be certified or apostille.  As long as it's legible.  But I thought mine was legible.  But then again I didn't send in my paper work my lawyer did.  But I'm sending this one back with the ok from my lawyer. 

Hey all. I got all my NVC letters on the 19th. Here are some good I would like to pass on. The NVC has been fast. Every thing processes quickly. I spoke to them about a few things and they are open from 7am-2am. I updated my timeline if anyone wants to look. I am not retyping it It is too much effort. LOL

Nebraska guys, my heart bleeds for you guys. 

Timeline
On 10/7/2017 at 7:50 PM, AndyGT said:

Finally received the notice of approval from the Texas Service Center, my priority date was March 9. The notice was dated October 3 and I received it today, October 7. Case status has still not been updated on their website and I never received any text or email notifications; so much for technology.

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting.

Hi, wondering if you received any updates? Anything change online, any e-mail/text?

I got approved on Oct 2nd and still online it says "case received". NVC haven't received it either.

39 minutes ago, aindian310 said:

Hi, wondering if you received any updates? Anything change online, any e-mail/text?

I got approved on Oct 2nd and still online it says "case received". NVC haven't received it either.

The online status was never updated even after I received the notice of acceptance in the mail. I tried calling the NVC two weeks ago and they had not received the case. Then last week on October 26 I finally got an email/text update that the case was sent to the NVC, the online status now reflects this. As to why it took the Texas Service Center 23 days to actually send the case, I have no idea, the snail's pace of bureaucracy I suppose. I plan to call the NVC sometime this week to see if they have received the case. 

I hope that helps. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AndyGT said:

The online status was never updated even after I received the notice of acceptance in the mail. I tried calling the NVC two weeks ago and they had not received the case. Then last week on October 26 I finally got an email/text update that the case was sent to the NVC, the online status now reflects this. As to why it took the Texas Service Center 23 days to actually send the case, I have no idea, the snail's pace of bureaucracy I suppose. I plan to call the NVC sometime this week to see if they have received the case. 

I hope that helps. 

Okay, Thanks for your reply! I will keep my fingers crossed and waiting patiently! Good luck

So i did a case inquiry for my case at California Service Center since they never made any updates on processing time in the website. I was told that they are currently working on January filers and it will be another 2-3 months before i get a response from them. I don't even know how to feel...

Timeline

Update 

TSC

NOA1 March 16

NOA2 October 2

Online status never changed till October 31. Now states case sent to NVC, approx 30 days after case was approved. 

Edited by aindian310

the application of uscis (uscis App) sent me at 2 am a notification saying '' status changed '' check the page and only say case received, what could this be?

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Jujubsweet said:

I have a question what happens if the us citizen loses thier job before the application even moved to the next step!!!

It may affect the financial affidavit of support and you have to find a spensor for the benificiary that can support him/her during their residence..I could be wrong.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.