tarzaan

I-130 March 2017 Filers

2,211 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, evelynrosa said:

Hi everyone! I currently live with my father, who is going to be the joint sponsor for my husband's application.

I am considering moving from Florida to Georgia for a new job. Will it be a problem that we live in different states? Should I stay where I am while waiting? My father would still need to be the joint sponsor... 

PD March 10th, Nebraska 
I do NOT have NOA2 yet, but just trying to plan ahead and know what could happen... Thanks!

No, you and your father don't have to be in the same state for him to be a joint sponsor. Also, depending on how much your new job pays, you may no longer need a joint sponsor.

Edited by Meno

Greetings Folks,

My lawyer has informed the following, "Now it is taking 11-15 months for an I-130 to be approved." There are several internal and external factors that are causing the lengthy delays.  Other than that, I have been informed to remain patient.  I am also noticing a lot of petitioners are foregoing their application and moving abroad where their respective spouses are since being separated is taking a toll on both parties.

16 minutes ago, Umair Mohammad said:

Greetings Folks,

My lawyer has informed the following, "Now it is taking 11-15 months for an I-130 to be approved." There are several internal and external factors that are causing the lengthy delays.  Other than that, I have been informed to remain patient.  I am also noticing a lot of petitioners are foregoing their application and moving abroad where their respective spouses are since being separated is taking a toll on both parties.

Is this attorney advising you of how long it is taking at USCIS for NOA2 or through issuance of a visa?  Sounds to me to be the latter, not the former.  It all starts with the service center where your petition lands.  Once out of that queue, the process is fairly homogenous for everyone, unless you have an expedited case.

Edited by rmpiedra

My attorney said, just the approval of the I-130 is what takes 11-15 months i.e. if there are no potential RFEs.  He added that as time goes along it will get much more difficult for new petitioners.  *SIGH*

1 hour ago, Umair Mohammad said:

My attorney said, just the approval of the I-130 is what takes 11-15 months i.e. if there are no potential RFEs.  He added that as time goes along it will get much more difficult for new petitioners.  *SIGH*

If you download an app such as Case Tracker on an iPhone, I am pretty sure that you will see that your attorney does not know what s/he is talking about.  The app allows you plug in USCIS receipt numbers and see how cases are progressing.  The slowest of the service centers, Nebraska, is approving I-130s in less than one year.  Unless one is petitioning a loved one who lives in a country that the US government has flagged as requiring "super-vetting", your loved one should be in the US within 12-15 months, if there are no issues with your petitions.  Your attorney says 11-15 months for a NOA2, because better to be happily surprised by an approval before that window than to be disappointed by an approval after the window when most normal petitions are being approved.  Find a USCIS tracker for your phone and you will have a much better perspective.

Timeline
2 hours ago, rmpiedra said:

If you download an app such as Case Tracker on an iPhone, I am pretty sure that you will see that your attorney does not know what s/he is talking about.  The app allows you plug in USCIS receipt numbers and see how cases are progressing.  The slowest of the service centers, Nebraska, is approving I-130s in less than one year.  Unless one is petitioning a loved one who lives in a country that the US government has flagged as requiring "super-vetting", your loved one should be in the US within 12-15 months, if there are no issues with your petitions.  Your attorney says 11-15 months for a NOA2, because better to be happily surprised by an approval before that window than to be disappointed by an approval after the window when most normal petitions are being approved.  Find a USCIS tracker for your phone and you will have a much better perspective.

I agree. Also, check VJ timelines...they are pretty accurate I heard.

Here is the link for Nebraska:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=5&option=3&sortby=2

rmpiedra, I will download that app and take a looski for myself.  

WCH, Thanks a bunch for that information. the information on the link put a lot of things into perspective. 

:jest:

On 11/14/2017 at 2:34 AM, Gunner22 said:

Hi guys happy to join you on this depressing waiting process... I received NOA 1 on may 24th still waiting for NOA2 ... potomac ctr .. when do you think it’s ligitime for me to start worrying about my application and maybe think about filling an inquiry.. thanks

check the processing time for potomac service center in the uscis website, if the date they have there is beyond your priority date, that's the time you should file a case inquiry. atleast that's from how i understood it. if you call them now and your pd isn't covered yet based on the processing time chart, i think they will just tell you to wait. 

stay positive! 🙌🙌🙌

Edited by yellie

On 11/13/2017 at 1:34 PM, Gunner22 said:

Hi guys happy to join you on this depressing waiting process... I received NOA 1 on may 24th still waiting for NOA2 ... potomac ctr .. when do you think it’s ligitime for me to start worrying about my application and maybe think about filling an inquiry.. thanks

You should not be depressed.  Potomac of all the centers is THE fastest insofar as petition approvals.  Most everything I have seen has petitions being approved (or with RFE) in about six months plus or minus; Nebraska is taking nine months and longer.  You can file an inquiry, but if any earlier than six months you're most likely wasting your time.

So 237 days later just got an email NOA2 but Request for evidence... anyone have any idea what they might need? And how long after evidence is sent do they review my case again?

2 hours ago, Henry&Olga said:

So 237 days later just got an email NOA2 but Request for evidence... anyone have any idea what they might need? And how long after evidence is sent do they review my case again?

You won’t know what they need until you receive the letter.  It could be one of a number of items. Once they receive your response it can be a week to a few weeks until the case is approved.  The wait is not like what you’ve been through to date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.