Jump to content

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

My wife cant find her proof of her i-94 from when she entered the country as a child with her parents.

And unfortunately her parents can't even find her passport from 24 years ago.

We've been married going on 2 years.

How can we go about getting her citizenship?"

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If she's in the USA for THAT long and she doesn't have a green card... she's probably there illegally? Out of status?

I don't think there is a work permit that can be valid for years?


If she's there illegally/no green card then she can't apply for the citizenship.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually know someone who has been here on a work permit for 30+ years. I agree that she will still have to go through AOS process prior to applying for citizenship. Maybe OP just means legal status? 

Edited by Chardon Ne'

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.