american Girl

American Citizenship

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Do anyone know if an immigrant that have received an American Citizenship ever been deported back to their country due to Marriage Fraud?

Well, someone correct me if I'm not right here.

You - or "anyone" hehe - gain your citizenship based on the marriage visa.

USCIS finds out that your marriage was a fraud. So you use your marriage visa in a illegal way.

Ergo, your citizenship might be revoked. Its called Denaturalization.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Filed: Timeline

If the individual in question believes they have committed marriage fraud, the individual in question should contact a qualified immigration lawyer. They may want to discuss whether they need a criminal defense attorney with said immigration lawyer. While they find one, read up on denaturalization:

http://immigration.findlaw.com/citizenship/can-your-u-s-citizenship-be-revoked-.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If your spouse used you for a green card and you can prove it , send the info in, but remember it is between them and him and you may never hear back. If your marriage is just falling apart it is best just to end it and move on. They are overloaded with reports of fraud from angry ex's

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

depends on the nature of fraud. As somebody gave an example above, a Nigerian-American was stripped of his citizenship because it was based on a fake marriage, it was found that not only his marriage was based on fraud, he was getting other nigerians into fake marriages with US citizens for a cash back scheme.

The point here is, purely legally speaking, denaturization can happen. Depends on if USCIS has bigger fish to fry eg:- People involved in Terrorism, fake marriage business, but the decision is USCIS's to pursue it or not. All you can do is report your case to them

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do anyone know if an immigrant that have received an American Citizenship ever been deported back to their country due to Marriage Fraud?

It requires compelling evidence and investigation by ICE then a court trial and conviction. It won't be done based on rumors or a relationship gone south.

But sure, it happens if only rarely.

Edited by Mounat

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I totally agree that if its just a marriage gone wrong, just get a divorce(before he drain you of your bank account and dignity). In my case I collected tons and tons of evidence. My soon to be ex was also teaching family members and friends how to come here via the k1 visa, how to get your mate to put you out or divorce(trying to report abuse by their mate) writing down and recording every detail. He also taught many how to marry and join the military....then divorce. As he boast on VJ. THE QUICKEST WAY TO OBTAIN CITIZENSHIP. I was blessed to have friends who help me get in contact with the right people.. I have mailed all my evidence, including FB messages to other women, fake profiles with different names during our marriage and after our separation, membership to dating sites, and sworn statements from the women he was involved with. I have pictures and messages of him trying to hookup women to men from Ghana for a fee.. Also hidden money he is sending via friends to a private bank account(not paying taxes on this money) He is now back in Ghana(vacation after filing for divorce and getting his citizenship) Making plans to bring his child and her mother. If you think that you are a victim of a fraud marriage. You must have evidence, Just know that the decision is not up to you, but immigration and homeland security. Accept it and move on. That's okay, Just knowing that in the end karma is a B...... Some marriages are real, and I pray that the real ones will have a short journey to be with their loved ones. Take care

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.