1,501 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The processing files as of just go back a month?

I have been periodically checking it

Date Checked California Time Range California Case Inquiry Date
06/12/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 11, 2016
06/15/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 14, 2016
06/18/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 17, 2016
07/02/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 31, 2016
07/12/2018 17 Months to 22 Months October 02, 2016

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, saladboye said:

The processing files as of just go back a month?

I have been periodically checking it

Date Checked California Time Range California Case Inquiry Date
06/12/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 11, 2016
06/15/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 14, 2016
06/18/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 17, 2016
07/02/2018 16 Months to 20.5 Months October 31, 2016
07/12/2018 17 Months to 22 Months October 02, 2016

Where did you get this ? Kindly explain about date checked ? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, ali sidd said:

Where did you get this ? Kindly explain about date checked ? 

I am tracking on an google sheet,

Date Checked : The day I did a check, you know go to the processing times page, select I-130 and California, Click get processing times.

The other two columns are values on the date I checked.

34 minutes ago, saladboye said:

I am tracking on an google sheet,

Date Checked : The day I did a check, you know go to the processing times page, select I-130 and California, Click get processing times.

The other two columns are values on the date I checked.

I just checked this right now on https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ and got this result:

17 Months to 22 Months ||  Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21  || October 07, 2016

9 minutes ago, raysn0w said:

I just checked this right now on https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ and got this result:

17 Months to 22 Months ||  Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21  || October 07, 2016

Hello everyone,

Curious to know does service centers processing time matters when the main focus of people like me and you who are waiting should be on the visa bulletin priority date? I mean i understand it's important to know if i-130 is accepted or not but don't you think we should be more conern on visa bulletin moving slow instead of CSC? Please clarify, Thanks!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, joshsinghvirk said:

Hello everyone,

Curious to know does service centers processing time matters when the main focus of people like me and you who are waiting should be on the visa bulletin priority date? I mean i understand it's important to know if i-130 is accepted or not but don't you think we should be more conern on visa bulletin moving slow instead of CSC? Please clarify, Thanks!

Yes of course its irrelevant,

but for me personally it matters as I have a USC N400 in process that I expect in the next 2-3 months. So I want the 130 to be approved ASAP so I can upgrade her from F2A to IR1.

depending on where the case is (USCIS if pending approval or NVC if approved), I need to send my naturalization certificate there to upgrade it.

46 minutes ago, raysn0w said:

Yeah so +5 days later when you checked today they are processing files as of OCT 07 2016, 5 days more .

One would figure they would try to finish 15 days worth of application in 8 days (or you know do 1.25 days of application each day) to prevent backlog. Now add in holidays etc the delays become too much

Edited by saladboye

9 minutes ago, Pat Stubbs said:

What happens if your PD becomes current on the Visa Bulletin but the USCIS Service Center still hasn’t approved the I 130 petition? 

If you are working under the "Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21" category nothing happens, USCIS needs to approve your case and send it to the NVC, this is where the Visa Bulletin comes into play and the NVC will start working on your case immediately.  But the Visa Bulletin hardly ever becomes current prior to USCIS approval, unless you get an RFE (Request For Evidence, could potentially delay your case) or your case is held up due to security checks.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: England
Timeline
8 hours ago, raysn0w said:

If you are working under the "Permanent resident filing for a spouse or child under 21" category nothing happens, USCIS needs to approve your case and send it to the NVC, this is where the Visa Bulletin comes into play and the NVC will start working on your case immediately.  But the Visa Bulletin hardly ever becomes current prior to USCIS approval, unless you get an RFE (Request For Evidence, could potentially delay your case) or your case is held up due to security checks.

It’s just that currently California is taking upto 22 months to process the I 130 for F2a petitions and this appears to be worsening. Visa bulletin is showing 23 months. That’s tight !

On 7/16/2018 at 8:39 PM, mizo said:

Hi guys, my PD: dec 28 2016 (I-130 petition) (spouse is a green card holder), and I haven't received any approvals from USCIS other than the receipt mail. however today I received this attached letter. I don't know if this is a pre-approval interview, or an adjustment of status interview ? Please can anyone help me understand what this letter means and what should I expect. In case this first interview is to decide weather they gonna approve the I-130 petition or not, do you know if we gonna get an answer (approved or denied) the same day or how we gonna receive the answer ? And since I live in the Us and I am current on filling application date should I file an I-765 and I-131 or just wait for the interview ?

9.thumb.jpg.ed814b32e8d71e8bbaea44ca8aae7592.jpg 

Reveal hidden contents

This is a letter for the interview to prove your bona fide marriage  , you must attend it , if it goes well , all the rest will be approved soon - your I-130 along with I-485

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 7/13/2018 at 10:58 AM, KatenkaMishka said:

She very unlikely will get tourist visa because of I-130 petition pending  since it shows her immigration intents , while tourist visa is non-immigrant visa that requires to prove non-immigrant intents. 

In case she gets tourist visa somehow , giving birth in US is not a very good idea because how would she get an insurance ? After her tourist status would be expired , she will be out of status , therefore not eligible to adjust status inside US , unless you become a citizen .

P.S. the baby born in the US is automatically US citizen , no visa or interview needed .

I understand. I meant if the baby borns out of the US during this process. Do we need the notify to USCIS with any petition? Or just show up at the consular interview with the baby? 

I-130 filed: 10/30/2017

PD: 10/30/2017

NOA-1 received (California): 11/07/2017

5 hours ago, keep_up said:

I understand. I meant if the baby borns out of the US during this process. Do we need the notify to USCIS with any petition? Or just show up at the consular interview with the baby? 

Any child born to your relative before your relative is admitted to the U.S. can get a visa along with the rest of the family, without another I-130 and without any extra wait. When it’s time for the family to apply for their visas at the U.S. embassy or consulate, your relative can apply on behalf of the child, showing proof of the birth and the I-130 approval.”

In other words , when your I-130 is approved , and your wife is outside of US and got a baby , she’ll just simply apply for immigration visa and include a child into the application , she should bring baby’s birth certificate at the interview in consulate . 

Just now, joshsinghvirk said:

Finally, something good coming out from CSC. Btw, do you follow other online portal or website where we can get more update regarding our case.

Thanks for the information!

Yeah! it looks like some Facebook users are posting their approval to groups.:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/112434679501345/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1395950043749470/

I think that I saw some posts for January the 3rd and 9th, 2017 approved. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.