Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Congratulations on the weddings everyone!!! Looking forward to ours in April!

Laurel those pictures are gorgeous! I love your dress!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Thank you! We sent our packet in on January 17th, and we still haven't received any sort of notice that they received it :(

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Of course as soon as I post that I get the email overnight. I got two emails, so I guess that is one for the work permit and one for the aos. :whistle:

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Awesome Laurel! Glad to see your next steps are moving forward! I hope others provide AOS updates as well!

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Congrats to those of you who have filed already. Just gathering paperwork and will likely file before next month runs outs. I have the following question in order to ensure I am not missing anything:

1) Do you pay another fee for the work permit (EAD form I-765) and the corresponding biometrics OR is it free when it is filed (plus advance parole Form I-131) together with Form I-485 for AOS?

2) We don't need form I-130 (petition for alien relative), correct me if I am wrong. 

Thanks to you all. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Habesha Love said:

Congrats to those of you who have filed already. Just gathering paperwork and will likely file before next month runs outs. I have the following question in order to ensure I am not missing anything:

1) Do you pay another fee for the work permit (EAD form I-765) and the corresponding biometrics OR is it free when it is filed (plus advance parole Form I-131) together with Form I-485 for AOS?

You only need to pay the fee for the I-485 and ther EAD and Advanced Parole are free. 

2) We don't need form I-130 (petition for alien relative), correct me if I am wrong. 

You are correct on this question. 

Thanks to you all. 

My fiancé is flying to Sydney tonight for his interview on Tuesday.... I'm sure a lot of people are following the trump immigration ban. I'm wondering if it will have a wide spread effect. I know it's banning people from majority Muslim countries but it seems like this might make immigration tighten up its borders all around. I hope this doesn't effect him. I'm so worried now... idk if we can go through this process again if he gets denied.

is there anyone else still waiting for the interview? Or worrying about this? I can't really find any info on how it will effect K1 visas. I know many of you are already together in America. Hopefully that will be us soon too.

Edited by Arih3

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Timeline
11 hours ago, Arih3 said:

My fiancé is flying to Sydney tonight for his interview on Tuesday.... I'm sure a lot of people are following the trump immigration ban. I'm wondering if it will have a wide spread effect. I know it's banning people from majority Muslim countries but it seems like this might make immigration tighten up its borders all around. I hope this doesn't effect him. I'm so worried now... idk if we can go through this process again if he gets denied.

is there anyone else still waiting for the interview? Or worrying about this? I can't really find any info on how it will effect K1 visas. I know many of you are already together in America. Hopefully that will be us soon too.

I wouldn't worry about anything being affected by Trump's plan. Like I said at one point in this forum, I'm yet to find someone denied a fiancé(e) visa from a European country. Anyways, relax because all should be well. Good luck and keep us posted. 

My fiancé was denied. He was given something called a refusal worksheet and denied because he was arrested once almost 10 years ago. They said that he is eligible for a waiver, but I don't know what that means. Now we need to see a lawyer and figure out what's the best move. Spend a ton more money that neither of us have on a waiver. Or get married and spend a ton more money on a new application. Which it seems could still be denied if we don't file the waiver anyway. So now we have to start all over again and have an indefinite wait time. There are millions of fathers who have the ability to raise their children and choose not to do so. My daughter is an American citizen with a father who wants nothing more than to be with her, and her government won't allow that to happen. I can't understand it. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Arih3 said:

My fiancé was denied. He was given something called a refusal worksheet and denied because he was arrested once almost 10 years ago. They said that he is eligible for a waiver, but I don't know what that means. Now we need to see a lawyer and figure out what's the best move. Spend a ton more money that neither of us have on a waiver. Or get married and spend a ton more money on a new application. Which it seems could still be denied if we don't file the waiver anyway. So now we have to start all over again and have an indefinite wait time. There are millions of fathers who have the ability to raise their children and choose not to do so. My daughter is an American citizen with a father who wants nothing more than to be with her, and her government won't allow that to happen. I can't understand it. 

Wow! I am really sorry that this was the outcome as it must really be painful and disappointing, to say the least. Just woke up and looked at the 13-page waiver form I-601 for some minutes. Didn't look in detail. Not sure what his offense was when arrested less than 10 years ago but it seem that section 4 of the waiver form has many grounds of inadmissibility that you can select one from. I have read here on VJ where people had to file the waiver and were approved but I suppose the outcome would be a case-by-case basis. Not sure if he would be subject to another interview after the waiver approval. I would suggest you read the form if you can totally understand the contents but also talk to a lawyer who may help with the form and also give you some experienced advise about the outcome and pretty soon and timely. When you google any USCIS form, you will also see instructions for filling out the form. It may be helpful to read the instruction for this form too. This seem to be the form unless there is another form for waiver and it cost $930, smh. I really hope the outcome is positive with whatever you decide to file or do. Others on here may have some better advise. Keep us posted, good luck and may God bless your efforts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Arih3 said:

I am so so sorry to hear this!!!! I really think the point of this is for national security and they need to really make sure they are making solid decision about that before they tear families apart based on a "hunch." I am no expert, but when we were worried we might be denied I did consult with an immigration attorney and, although it is expensive, I do suggestion you at least consult with one, if not work with one, as you move forward. It seems from what I have heard and what my attorney has told me, filing a waiver is not only expensive but can go on for an eternity - sometimes years - ... on the other side.. marrying does require re-filing for a C1 visa and starting over. It is horrible to have to begin again. And from what I understand they will revisit the reason you were rejected for the K1... for that reason I would consult the immigration attorney. But don't give up hope... it is ridiculous what they are doing to you guys and you need to take it day by day and keep moving forward with all of your options.. you will get there. I am so sorry for how much trouble and stress and sadness this has caused all of you.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Thanks for the support guys. I am going to see a lawyer today. Unfortunately it seems like it will be yet another year before he can come here. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Chris/Uni said:

I am so so sorry to hear this!!!! I really think the point of this is for national security and they need to really make sure they are making solid decision about that before they tear families apart based on a "hunch." I am no expert, but when we were worried we might be denied I did consult with an immigration attorney and, although it is expensive, I do suggestion you at least consult with one, if not work with one, as you move forward. It seems from what I have heard and what my attorney has told me, filing a waiver is not only expensive but can go on for an eternity - sometimes years - ... on the other side.. marrying does require re-filing for a C1 visa and starting over. It is horrible to have to begin again. And from what I understand they will revisit the reason you were rejected for the K1... for that reason I would consult the immigration attorney. But don't give up hope... it is ridiculous what they are doing to you guys and you need to take it day by day and keep moving forward with all of your options.. you will get there. I am so sorry for how much trouble and stress and sadness this has caused all of you.

And to piggyback to what Uni just said. If filing a waiver might take years, you might wanna consider the option of marrying your fiancé and consequently filing the CR1 spousal visa for him. I would definitely talk to a lawyer cos I don't know if a waiver would still be needed for the marriage visa, it might. What I do know is that it's harder to deny a spousal visa cos you are married and you can ask someone to unmarry or leave the USA to go live with their spouse just cos their spouse was arrested years ago! The other slight advantage to filing a spousal visa is that I'm not sure Australia has as many cases as most African and asians countries do. The average time it took most of my friends from Nigeria was 11-12 months; Ethiopians, 12-15 months and that's hoping documents are all intact and no RFE sent. So, I assume Australia might be quicker, not to make light of the pain and waiting you will have to endure. But just weigh your options while you talk to a lawyer. Again, best of luck and may the good lord bless your effort. Hang in there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Arih3 said:

Thanks for the support guys. I am going to see a lawyer today. Unfortunately it seems like it will be yet another year before he can come here. 

Let us know how it goes...

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Arih3 said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. Don't lose hope. I hope the attorney can give you some good advice!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.