Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 2/14/2017 at 6:55 AM, Michellejune said:

We have the letter apparently the evidence we sent wasn't documentated !?? 

So I went back and read that your RFE was for additional proof of meeting in person. May I ask what you sent back as your response? I might be able to shed some light on the denial. 

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Kat&Jon said:

So I went back and read that your RFE was for additional proof of meeting in person. May I ask what you sent back as your response? I might be able to shed some light on the denial. 

We sent some photos and David's stamp in his passport when he flew to uk. 

They now want more documentated evidence that we have met in person prior to the application ( we had been together a year when we sent it living as a couple for two months) so now we are trying to think what we have that's documentated and sufficient for them!!??  I've contacted my bank to send statements with dates and places I withdrew cash or made a purchase in the USA also hopefully a hotel receipt of a place we stayed 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
On 2/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, Michellejune said:

We sent some photos and David's stamp in his passport when he flew to uk. 

They now want more documentated evidence that we have met in person prior to the application ( we had been together a year when we sent it living as a couple for two months) so now we are trying to think what we have that's documentated and sufficient for them!!??  I've contacted my bank to send statements with dates and places I withdrew cash or made a purchase in the USA also hopefully a hotel receipt of a place we stayed 

I am again very sorry to hear about the denial. I read a bit more about what you sent and what happened in the separate post you made. My best guess as to what may have been missing was more evidence of your INITIAL meeting while you worked in the US. It is much harder to prove this as you were here and he was here already so you would not have things like boarding passes or passport stamps for the initial meeting.

If/When you decide to reapply I would recommend writing them out a timeline that they can easily follow. This is something that I did and I think they found it very helpful. An example of what to write could be like this:

We first met while I was working in the US as a nanny for (family's name) on (date you first met) at (place you first met). We talked a few times and decided to make our relationship official on (date). At this point we had had many dates together at (list some places you have receipts for) on (dates). After my work for the (family's name) was completed I returned home to England on (date). At this point (fiance's name) flew over to spend time with me and meet my family on (date). 

This is just an example from your side as the beneficiary which you can provide, but what may be better would be to provide the statement from his side as he is the petitioner with an example like this:

We first met while (your name) was working in the US as a nanny for (family's name) on (date you first met) at (place you first met). We talked a few times and decided to make our relationship official on (date). At this point we had many dates together at (list some places you have receipts for) on (dates). After her work for the (family's name) was completed she returned to her home in England on (date). At this point I went to visit (fiance's name) in England to spend time with her and meet her family on (date).

These are just examples. I would make sure to include the cities where you were at and went. The more information you can provide in this statement the better as well as the more information you can provide to prove it the better! I am so sorry I didn't more information about your RFE when you received it. I would have provided you all this then to try and help. It has worked for many others in the past.

Kat & Jon

I am Kat the US Citizen

K-1 Timeline                                                       AOS Timeline

July 21 2016- K-1 Application mailed                                             May 1 2017- AOS/EAD/AP Mailed

July 27 2016- NOA1 Text/Email                                                     May 26 2017 - NOA 1 Text/Email x1 Received (Packet Fiasco ><)

August 1 2016- NOA1 Hard Copy                                                 May XXXX - NOA 1 Hard Copies Received

Sept 15 2016- NOA 2 Text/Email                                                   XXXXXX - Biometrics  Appointment

Sept 20 2016- NOA 2 Hard Copy                                                  XXXXX -EAD/AP NOA 2 Text/Email

Oct 12 2016- NVC Received Case                                                XXXXX - EAD/AP NOA 2 Hard  Copy Received

Oct 14 2016- LND Case # Received                                             XXXXX - EAD/AP Combo Card Received

Oct 25 2016- Case In Transit to LND                                            XXXXX - AOS Interview/ Approval

Oct 28 2016- CEAC Status shows Ready                                     XXXXX- Green Card Received

Dec 13 2016- Medical

Jan 06 2017- Interview (Approved!)

Jan 10 2017- CEAC Status shows Issued

Feb 28 2017- POE Tampa

April 21 2017- Wedding

• 1 month later...

This has probably been answered a hundred times before, and I am sorry if that is the case, please bear with me; We received our RFE in the mail today, and some mistakes were made in our original filing: some N/A sections on our 325s, and I missed a few checkboxes on the 129F. My question is this: Can I adjust them on the forms they sent with the highlighted sections, or do I need to reprint the entire form?

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just want to ask if anyone here got RFE because of emlpoyers address is not complete? Because i forgot their new Street # . I only include street name, brgy and city only.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 5:29 AM, krizia said:

Hello

does anyone had an rfe for submitting incorrect size of 2x2 for the  beneficiary. 

Thank you! 

People can get RFE for any number of things. Usually that kind of stuff is caught BEFORE it gets processed by the service center (lockbox processing), however the agent working at the service center is in their right to ask for a proper sized photograph. If they do send an RFE, then you send them the updated photo as a reply and it's really no big deal :) 

The 2x2 photo isn't that necessary at this point since it's not going to be used as the actual visa photo. It's just used for reference. You might be just fine - depends on the agent doing the processing.

On 4/4/2017 at 8:33 AM, kaerras said:

This has probably been answered a hundred times before, and I am sorry if that is the case, please bear with me; We received our RFE in the mail today, and some mistakes were made in our original filing: some N/A sections on our 325s, and I missed a few checkboxes on the 129F. My question is this: Can I adjust them on the forms they sent with the highlighted sections, or do I need to reprint the entire form?

My fiance had forgotten to sign a section. She just completed the form they sent back and re-sent it. Was fine :) 

You CAN also submit entirely new forms with the correct information, but make double sure you're not going for forget something new when you do or you'll just get another RFE.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

NO NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED YET

Hello fellow April 2017 filers. Glad to find everyone here! :star:

Our case has been active for 41 days but NO NOA1 hard copy received yet until today.

Form I-129F was received by USCIS April 19, 2017 - stated in the Case Status check online.

My fiancee called USCIS and was advised that hard copy NOA1 was mailed April 21, 2017, however NONE was received in the mail until today. They advised that our will case will take 3-4 months average processing time. They also confirmed that our mailing address was correct. 

F is in Navy so his mailing address and physical address are different. He cannot have full watch of their home's mailbox (but his family can). 

Anybody here who experienced same case? What to do next? Will the absence of hard copy NOA1 affect our whole process? 

Need your thoughts and advises friends! Very much appreciated. (L)

**CSC Stage**
April 14, 2017 - Date sent
April 19, 2017 - Date received
June 01, 2017 - Requested USCIS to resend the NOA1 (missing NOA1)
June 11, 2017 - NOA1 hard copy received
Sept 20, 2017 - Case approved (case tracker and email notification)

Waiting for NOA2 hard copy...

**NVC/Embassy Stage**

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I got an RFE for proof that the online site (Jack'd) is not an International Marriage Broker. I submitted further proof (a letter detailing how we met, when we met in person, an email from the site, and the site's terms and conditions) and USCIS received it on May 15th, 2017. Still no approval yet and I am anxiously and impatiently waiting. I'm just confused why there is so much variance in the approval times after the RFE is received. In some cases, I've seen a 4 day turnaround, in others as long as 90 days! If any one has any clarification on why some cases take so much longer, please let me know. My case is at CSC right now. 

On 5/30/2017 at 2:33 AM, Chris&Princess said:

NO NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED YET

Hello fellow April 2017 filers. Glad to find everyone here! :star:

Our case has been active for 41 days but NO NOA1 hard copy received yet until today.

Form I-129F was received by USCIS April 19, 2017 - stated in the Case Status check online.

My fiancee called USCIS and was advised that hard copy NOA1 was mailed April 21, 2017, however NONE was received in the mail until today. They advised that our will case will take 3-4 months average processing time. They also confirmed that our mailing address was correct. 

F is in Navy so his mailing address and physical address are different. He cannot have full watch of their home's mailbox (but his family can). 

Anybody here who experienced same case? What to do next? Will the absence of hard copy NOA1 affect our whole process? 

Need your thoughts and advises friends! Very much appreciated. (L)

When we filed, we received the NOA1 in the mail long after the website showed it had updated. Several weeks, I believe. When we received the NOA1 in the mail finally, it had the original dates posted on it, ie: Received Date: April 19", despite when we got it in the mail, so don't worry about the hard copy being late. If the website says they're processing it - they're processing it.

Keep in mind that the NOA1 is basically just a paper telling you that the petition was "received by USCIS", and also details some other info such as fees paid, etc. You already know they've received the application, so that pretty much IS your NOA1!

4+ months is typical; sometimes longer if it's not the CSC doing the processing. If you have questions, call in to the USCIS and ask for tier 2 support to help you out. Tier 1 can't read beyond what's on the USCIS website.

Just keep your eye on the USCIS website and when all goes well you'll get your NOA2 notice :)

On 5/31/2017 at 8:07 PM, Connor&YK said:

Hello Everyone,

I got an RFE for proof that the online site (Jack'd) is not an International Marriage Broker. I submitted further proof (a letter detailing how we met, when we met in person, an email from the site, and the site's terms and conditions) and USCIS received it on May 15th, 2017. Still no approval yet and I am anxiously and impatiently waiting. I'm just confused why there is so much variance in the approval times after the RFE is received. In some cases, I've seen a 4 day turnaround, in others as long as 90 days! If any one has any clarification on why some cases take so much longer, please let me know. My case is at CSC right now. 

After we replied to RFE it took 12 days until we received NOA2 in the mail. I remember how nervous I was! I was frantically wondering if I had sent in enough info or if I had done something wrong or if they had caught something else! I now realize there was absolutely no need to worry myself, and there's no need for you to be worried either.

To answer you, I suppose the straight-forward and fairly logical answer would be that there are humans over there working on your response. Keep in mind also that busy seasons do happen, and yours isn't the only case they're working on. Also, some RFEs are very very easy to validate (missing signature) while others might not be so easy (having to pour through an entire Terms of Service of a website).

Long story short is that you were able to respond to their RFE in a prompt and concise way, and you should be golden. No need to worry!

Word of the wise though: It's still a long road ahead with plenty of stretches where you'll be waiting without word or updates. Patience is a virtue, so they say (especially when it comes to the USCIS and NVC)! The wait is worth it in the end.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got an RFE for failing to report this year's (2017) taxes -- I hadn't filed my return yet, so I sent in 2014/2015/2016 -- not acceptable, so I had to go and get my taxes filed in order to report 2017. That was back in March and I still haven't heard anything yet.

Only thing I'm worried about is that I haven't received any response since we mailed our response to the RFE??

July 9: First Date in London

March 1: Belated Leap Day Engagement

Mar 26: Mailed I-129f packet to Dallas Lockbox via Tracked Royal Mail from England

July 25: Case # Assigned {4 months since Mailing Day back in March!}
August 1: 'Ready' Status at the Embassy!
September 8: Interview Date!
November 22: Courthouse Wedding date (North Carolina)
December: Filed for Adjustment of Status

May 19: Big Fat American Wedding date (Maryland)

July: Green Card Received!

July: Filed for Removal of Conditions

July: 18-month Extension Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.