Kat&Jon

New K-1 RFE Master List

783 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-1067/0-0-0-1318.html#0-0-0-280

This may have been mentioned in this 300 plus page thread but just in case it isn't here is a link to the USCIS AFM (adjudicators field manual)

I believe it has been superseded by the USICS Policy Manual but non the less it does give some insight into the RFE internal process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
On 10/31/2015 at 8:57 AM, Kat&Jon said:

Please click the link below to see the new RFE Master List:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bzoWOXOCsvHICvLEZt540eG2CkqEFaPV8MY18Q6E0f0/edit?usp=sharing

I have compiled the data from the 125 page original RFE Master List Post and put it into a google sheets doc. Please keep a few things in mind when viewing this list.

1. It is easiest to view this new list from a PC but if you want to view it from your mobile phone please make sure to have the Google Docs app downloaded to your phone. It will open the link in a much more easily viewed version for your cell phone.

2. If you posted in the original thread and do not see your name on the list that is due to a few things: Timeline was not fully updated, information regarding what your RFE was for was not provided, or how you answered your RFE was not clearly provided.

3. Date Approved on the document corresponds to when members received their NOA2 after responding to their RFE.

Notes moving forward.

1. I will continue to update this list with new data as it comes but to be added to the list and to continue making it helpful please make sure your timeline is updated with all the dates, you post exactly what your RFE was for, and exactly what you did to respond to your RFE.

2. If you have a question about your RFE please continue to post them in this new thread but make sure to actually view the document before asking what you should send. I did try and make what was requested and what was sent in short and simple to not make the document to large, so if you do not understand what I put please PM me with the LINE of the document you are unclear about and I will give you a more detailed answer. (I kept the long answer on a side document only for me to view if needed) ex. Line 61 says "Left various questions blank on form I-129F" what did they leave blank? I would answer your PM with They forgot to check the questions NO for convicted of crime related to IMBRA.

General FAQ's From the Thread Answered from Completing the Document.

1. What does RFE mean?

Request For Evidence- This is when USCIS needs more information in order to approve your petition.

2. How long does it take to receive my RFE hard copy?

According the data it is usually 1 to 2 weeks. If it takes longer, contact USCIS and put in a service request to have a new one sent.

3. How long after I respond to my RFE will I get an approval?

According to the data it is usually 2 weeks to get an approval. There are plenty of outliers that are shorter and longer but the average is two weeks.

4. What documents do I need to provide translations for in English?

All legal documents such as birth certificates, divorce decrees, legal name change documents, and if able it helps to translate hotel receipts but these are not required.

Very helpful! So, from what I've gathered, as long as you follow the instructions and don't miss any forms/documents and have everything signed, you should be OK!

I am on day 50 after they received my RFE. I'm going through the California office and my RFE was because I forgot to check the box that said if I committed a crime or not which was no. I was hoping to here NOA2 soon. Is it true they send it before 60 days ? And if not should I call ...

On 7/26/2017 at 1:28 PM, Bannonmh194 said:

I am on day 50 after they received my RFE. I'm going through the California office and my RFE was because I forgot to check the box that said if I committed a crime or not which was no. I was hoping to here NOA2 soon. Is it true they send it before 60 days ? And if not should I call ...

You should definitely call. I received two RFEs and it only delayed things a grand total of maybe 2 weeks. California center as well.

You can also check status on the USCIS website. Does it say your reply was received??

It could be that because the crime check box was the subject of the RFE that it's policy to now do some kind of background check on you, but 50 days is a long time to wait for NOA2 after your RFE.

Either way, you should follow up.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Peot said:

You should definitely call. I received two RFEs and it only delayed things a grand total of maybe 2 weeks. California center as well.

You can also check status on the USCIS website. Does it say your reply was received??

It could be that because the crime check box was the subject of the RFE that it's policy to now do some kind of background check on you, but 50 days is a long time to wait for NOA2 after your RFE.

I have been wondering about multiple RFE's

Could you please share your experience? Were they both from the same agency, or they both regarding different issues and was there any reason for why they didn't send them at the same time on one RFE?

Thank you! 

26 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

I have been wondering about multiple RFE's

Could you please share your experience? Were they both from the same agency, or they both regarding different issues and was there any reason for why they didn't send them at the same time on one RFE?

Thank you! 

First was from the lockbox location. They sent back a document indicating some places we forgot to sign along with ALL of our evidence and the fee returned. It was done within weeks of sending the package in, and before it reached the CDC (California USCIS). I still consider this to be an RFE, but maybe that's a bit misleading. We received word (NOA1) that it was at CDC within a week of sending it in again.

Second was after the CDC process and before we received NOA2. This time it was for our "circumstances of meeting" being too detailed, as well they wanted passport stamps from the both of us.

Edited by Peot

40 minutes ago, Peot said:

Yes online it says they received it June 6! That's why I'm getting worried, I am going to start calling on Monday 

44 minutes ago, Peot said:

Are they open on the weekends ?

1 minute ago, Bannonmh194 said:

Yes online it says they received it June 6! That's why I'm getting worried, I am going to start calling on Monday 

Be sure to call in and talk to an "L2 agent" who has your records. The first person you talk to will only be able to tell you what's on the same screen as you.

Just now, Bannonmh194 said:

Are they open on the weekends ?

They are open Saturdays.

7 minutes ago, Peot said:

Be sure to call in and talk to an "L2 agent" who has your records. The first person you talk to will only be able to tell you what's on the same screen as you.

They are open Saturdays.

Ok! I am going to call tomorrow and talk to a tier 2 supervisor ....hopefully 

Just now, Bannonmh194 said:

Ok! I am going to call tomorrow and talk to a tier 2 supervisor ....hopefully 

Wishing you the best of luck with that. :) 

If they don't let you speak with tier 2, ask to speak with the supervisor. You shouldn't run into issues.

1 hour ago, Peot said:

They are open Saturdays.

When I call what option do I press to talk to a actual person ?? It just keep saying the options over and over 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bannonmh194 said:

When I call what option do I press to talk to a actual person ?? It just keep saying the options over and over 

When you call make sure it's in the morning, from 8am, Don't select anything no language. just let it ring don't select any option . Someone will pick up

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

1 minute ago, Nin&Way said:

When you call make sure it's in the morning, from 8am, Don't select anything no language. just let it ring don't select any option . Someone will pick up

Ok! Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.