terri_blake

Exhausted but Hopeful

58 posts in this topic

That's all well and nice but a B2 is a tourist visa.

The child will eventually have to go back.

Did you not see my OP?

Im quite sure everyone here realizes that she needs to go back by the deadline of her passport stamp. However, that's not the question that I originally post! I asked has anyone here gone through any such processes. in other words who else on VJ has dealt with custody issues during k1 visa process?

Did you not see my OP?

Im quite sure everyone here realizes that she needs to go back by the deadline of her passport stamp. However, that's not the question that I originally post! I asked has anyone here gone through any such processes. in other words who else on VJ has dealt with custody issues during k1 visa process?

You are talking about custody for a child on a tourist visa for an future LPR who has not yet been approved a k1 yet.

So if we ignore the fact the child is with you that's a whole other question about adoption (and yes he would have to adopt the child) and that's a whole other mess also because I don't even think a green holder can adopt a child and bring a child.

An LPR can petition an immediate relative which the child is not, but that takes years to become current.

Bringing the fact if the child is indeed just there as a tourist then that has no baring on what you want to know.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

at the end of the day, the child has her own family, father, mother, older brother, etc. Who Love her and care about her and want to make sure she has the best of everything including a home, education, schools, books, health care, food, other necessary supplies. I too am now emotionally invested in this child so that leads me to this discussion board post because I am looking for resources to help this child. I am NOT looking for a handout, welfare, food stamp, Medicaid, Medicare, section 8 any of that. (*plus im a conservative christian liberal and know all about MARXISM*) I'm just looking for advice. Is that too much to ask for?

Ignoring your past two already jumping to defence like you seem to always do.

I'm answering you the best I can.

Your fiancé cannot do anything now. Because he is not a LPR or a UsC.

Those are the facts.

Options.

1- her own already relatives petition the child. You say she has family there, why aren't they doing anything?

2- he adopts the child and applies for a k2

3- send her back because you have no legal right to have her, in law minds, a stranger has a child on a tourist visa.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

She has a stamp on her passport now and its B2 and looks like it expires on 9/11/15

How old is the female child?

At the end of the validity of her B2 visitor visa is the child going back to Egypt?

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

How old is the female child?

At the end of the validity of her B2 visitor visa is the child going back to Egypt?

She is "school age" and she will be going back before the exp date however my future husband is her guardian. I am practically her stepmom.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

She is "school age" and she will be going back before the exp date however my future husband is her guardian. I am practically her stepmom.

I guess we are trying to understand the point of bringing her here if she's going home before the visa expires. Especially since you wrote of the way she came here. Seems like there's a different endgame then her just coming for a few months and then going home. That would have served no purpose to the baby.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Welcome back Terri, I am glad you had a good trip and would firstly apologies for all the negative comments you have received.

The solution is actually quite simple, the girl is an immediate relative of your sister, her step mother.

Your sister can file for her to adjust status to Permanent Resident. I assume you have the approval of her Father, your Sisters husband, and her Mother, the lady at the Airport.

In the meantime she can of course attend school, no immigration status needed for that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Welcome back Terri, I am glad you had a good trip and would firstly apologies for all the negative comments you have received.

The solution is actually quite simple, the girl is an immediate relative of your sister, her step mother.

Your sister can file for her to adjust status to Permanent Resident. I assume you have the approval of her Father, your Sisters husband, and her Mother, the lady at the Airport.

In the meantime she can of course attend school, no immigration status needed for that.

Is this the daughter of your fiancés brother? The one married to your sister that you spoke of in past posts? That's a helpful tidbit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

She can attend school on a B2 visa?

"If the parents are in the US and admitted in certain other non-immigrant classifications and the children have been admitted in a derivative (dependent) classification related to the parent’s visa, then the children will not violate their status. Some of the most common non-immigrant visa classifications that allow the dependent children to attend public schools without adverse immigration consequences include the following ones:..." http://shiverslaw.com/blog/2014/08/01/public-schools-us-foreign-nationals-attend/

Edited by Golden Gate

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Timeline

She can attend school on a B2 visa?

"If the parents are in the US and admitted in certain other non-immigrant classifications and the children have been admitted in a derivative (dependent) classification related to the parent’s visa, then the children will not violate their status. Some of the most common non-immigrant visa classifications that allow the dependent children to attend public schools without adverse immigration consequences include the following ones:..." http://shiverslaw.com/blog/2014/08/01/public-schools-us-foreign-nationals-attend/

She could have wandered in with no visa and still been eligible to attend school. SCOTUS said so.

Is this the daughter of your fiancés brother? The one married to your sister that you spoke of in past posts? That's a helpful tidbit.

Correct

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

So, even though the sister is probably divorcing the 'scumbag of the earth', she can still petition his daughter? I thought I left soap operas behind a long time ago in high school, but here I am again...and I guess although he didn't support his daughter and didn't have any relationship with her for over a year, he did pop up in order to sign a document to permit her to get her visa here? It is just like tv.

I remember they are separated, not sure about divorcing,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.