52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I read it as this is something she had been doing for some time, but the motivation is unclear.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I understood she was doing it, but the way it was worded in that post sounds like its not something SHE CHOSE to do but something HE is MAKING her do. Choosing to strip is one thing. Most strippers I've known do it because it's a power trip and the money is fantastic. But being forced to do it by your currently illegal alien husband is another story. So i was hoping he meant she was choosing to do it, despite having a torn ligament in her foot.

Thank you. Some of these guys are just trying to fight on a forum.

If I had my life together or did something extra maybe, I do not know what, maybe I could have graduated and I would be earning now. But I ended up losing my whole life plans and my wife is now forced to work (NOT BY ME, BY THE SITUATION) to feed the family. I have been trying to get an employment but frankly, not many want to hire an illegal immigrant. When I said I make her do it, I am not making her take her clothes off on a webcam or a club while I stand near her, holding a gun at her head. Have some sense. I meant, maybe I could have done something that changed all this!

I also said, she has poor physical health and cannot go EVERY DAY! She can manage 2 days a week as of now. So, the math goes like this: $150*2=$300. For a month, $1200. For a year, 1200*12=14400. That is still short by $5600. Plus, we never know how long she can keep doing this and what happens. She gets sick very easily. This is an estimation of what income we could have given she does this REGULARLY for the next month, which is highly unlikely!

She is also not a jobless uneducated person. She is 1 year from finishing her degree and her university randomly decides that she does not deserv to get FAFSA anymore. The university's claim: the rules for granting independence has changed and she has to prove it more now than before. Just additional information.

So, given this, I just feel bad that I did not do enough to make her happier than what she already is. THAT IS WHAT I MEAN! Not that I force her to do it.

For the rest of you guys who are just trying to make me feel like I am NOT doing anything to get a green card, you are wrong. I have NOTHING to do. My wife has been struggling to make sure we are happy and have what we need. I cannot get employment anywhere, yes. But I cannot do any of the jobs that require me to know Spanish because, I am from India. I did get to do some jobs on the side for a guy for a little while, but then he asked me to stop. If there is something I can do, I would do it. I am posting in this forum and trying to figure this out because I want to try to do something about it! I want to be able to work legally. But it is getting tougher financially and I am not able to hold on. I cannot go back home because I have huge student loans to settle, which will take take at least 3 times as longer to do so from India. I do not have that much time to settle it. My family's house is a security for the loan. If I fail to pay or if I don't start repaying by August this year, the house will be a property of the bank.

I hope there is enough information on this reply. If anyone thinks any of these sentences sound too stupid to be true, please believe me, I am not that stupid. Ask me what it means before judging and shouting. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Don't worry about the naysayers, but some critical advice: don't get her pregnant or you will really be up creek without a paddle. I've seen time and time again here people not realize that then the income requirements will go up and if you are struggling with them as it is, that will only make it much more difficult.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Timeline

Don't worry about the naysayers, but some critical advice: don't get her pregnant or you will really be up ###### creek without a paddle. I've seen time and time again here people not realize that then the income requirements will go up and if you are struggling with them as it is, that will only make it much more difficult.

You cannot be more right my kind sir. Yes, I received this advice from a few other friends as well. And no, I have no intentions of getting her pregnant and I will definitely be as careful as I can so that it does not happen. Thank you.

Ah I understand now and am glad for the clarification.

Perhaps looking at a temp office would be beneficial as well since office jobs tend to pay more plus she doesn't need to stand. Also she can try working retail, but the amount of walking and standing may not be good for her foot.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You cannot be more right my kind sir. Yes, I received this advice from a few other friends as well. And no, I have no intentions of getting her pregnant and I will definitely be as careful as I can so that it does not happen. Thank you.

You better figure something out to file your AOS papers soon.

Don't end up with ICE showing up at your doorstep to arrest you for out-of-status F1

Read this thread:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/532994-a-visit-from-ice-at-homenow-going-to-court/page-2

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.