2,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Today, June 15th, marks exactly 9 months since USCIS received my wife's I-601 petition. This is sooo stressful!

On May 6th I submitted an Inquiry request, and on May 25th I received the standard "your case is still pending, we expect a decision in 120 days." At this rate, it seems like it will be over a year before we get an update!

Filed: Other Timeline

Today, June 15th, marks exactly 9 months since USCIS received my wife's I-601 petition. This is sooo stressful!

On May 6th I submitted an Inquiry request, and on May 25th I received the standard "your case is still pending, we expect a decision in 120 days." At this rate, it seems like it will be over a year before we get an update!

I submitted inquiry on May 6th too and received very similar message (but they told me to expect a decision in 60 days, instead of 120 days).

Today marks 11 months since we submitted our I-601. No RFE or anything. I will contact my congressman as soon as our 60 day wait period ends.

But the good thing is that I assume most cases get approved at the end. I read somewhere half of the applicants received RFE and then half of that RFE received got approved. Do you think it's true?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hello. I guess reading all these updates, I'm going to be the last one to be approved (if I'm lucky) lol!

Waiver receipt date :2/25/16

As of 4/30/16 the uscis processing dates on i601 was 10/16/15! Such speed. Not so wow.

I was asked to do a waiver, but my bar ends on 4/2017... I feel like I'd be wasting money and time if the waiver gets denied...

My fiancé and I are both very healthy and the only hardship we have is emotional and financial reasons.

Embassy informed me once my bar is done, they have no reasons to reject my applications for visas.

The wait is killing me. At this rate my waiver will be looked on, only on November 2016 or later and I could have just got married and applied for i130 and get it done processing within 6months before 4/2017 timing the interview on that month...

I don't know, this wait has gotten me sour :/

All I wish is to be done with the wait and get on with our life together... :'(

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LD. Every time I am thinking of whats going on with you,you give the good news. You get an interview a month after your approval that,s not bad . Lets hope for the best. I gave my Att a hard time last month and she finally send in my RFE after having every thing for a month. She finally sent it the last of the month,but they said recpt date is June 9. I dont know now how long they are going to take to respond. Good Luck.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

LionessDeon, I am so happy to hear you have finally got an interview coming soon! I have been following your shares for awhile now, and have been praying for you and your family. Best of luck! Don't forget to let us know how it goes :)

ATXmaster and Pierisangelika, don't give up hope...this whole process takes forever it seems. My husband and I tried the 601A wavier first. The wavier was approved, but the medical did not go as planned...he received a bar for a year. We then sent in the 601 wavier (March of this year)...he is Mexico and I am in USA...it has been close to a year now. Things have been tough on us, but we encourage each other to keep our faith. We can only take one day at a time as it comes. You and your families are in my prayers also. Stay in touch!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LionessDeon, I am so happy to hear you have finally got an interview coming soon! I have been following your shares for awhile now, and have been praying for you and your family. Best of luck! Don't forget to let us know how it goes :)

ATXmaster and Pierisangelika, don't give up hope...this whole process takes forever it seems. My husband and I tried the 601A wavier first. The wavier was approved, but the medical did not go as planned...he received a bar for a year. We then sent in the 601 wavier (March of this year)...he is Mexico and I am in USA...it has been close to a year now. Things have been tough on us, but we encourage each other to keep our faith. We can only take one day at a time as it comes. You and your families are in my prayers also. Stay in touch!

Thank you! I am praying theyfinalize things and issue his visa. Have little confidence in them but will we see.

LD. Every time I am thinking of whats going on with you,you give the good news. You get an interview a month after your approval that,s not bad . Lets hope for the best. I gave my Att a hard time last month and she finally send in my RFE after having every thing for a month. She finally sent it the last of the month,but they said recpt date is June 9. I dont know now how long they are going to take to respond. Good Luck.

Thank you! It is taking quite a long time to get a decision after RFE. It used to be a few weeks, but now it can take months. You are on your way though. I follow another case. Their RFE response still just shows "received May 18, 2016". I continue to pray for us all everyday. Let us know when you hear something.

I just re-read the embassy's email to us and it stated 'drop off new orginal police certificate". I am praying praying they let him in the embassy this time and get everything they need for issue!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

So, I´ll write what happened and from now I don´t "belong" to this threat anymore...

I was classified by my lawyer willing to file just the I-212.

So we did that together with the I-30.

I had my interview last week and I could receive a I-601 by the CO... But I did not got that.

So, I have a legit, horrible, black whole solo / lone I-212.

The most sad thing is that everyone asked me why they did not granted me a withdrawal application (on my arrival), and they were asking me why I was deported...

So, now, it doesn´t mater to me be in a threat of I-601. I wish I could have it, because at least there is a time frame for that... :(

I have no time frame... Already waiting 10 months to have my complete family back :(

That´s it.

All the best for you guys and I hope you all don´t need to wait so long as I´m waiting...

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LD. What you mean when you say dont have much confident in them,can the embassy in your country of origin still deny your visa after your waiver is approve here?. I thought they just have to give out the visa. My husband gets nervous when he goes to that place ,even when he knows the answer he will still act nervous. I am hoping to hear from them before our WOOD ( 5th) Anniversary in July as I have to visit my husband this time,I mist last year Anniv. I also went for my citizenship interview 2 weeks ago past my test and everything,then the OF is saying he have to review my travels as they were many.What am I to do if they have to take so long to say yes. I love America but I also love my husband.I just have to hold on to them both.

Filed: Other Timeline

Dear Friends,

I am very confused after receiving a notice from USCIS today and I really need your help.

My husband submitted 485 and 601 (Criminal based) at the same time July 2015 since he was here in the US with a H1 visa. I am a green card holder so his 485 was based on my green card (Follow to join) case; his 601 waiver based on my hardship.

But today we just received a notice for an INTERVIEW for 485 while 601 is pending!!! Because my greencard was based on employment visa, we shouldn't be getting an interview. right?

I was thinking that we wait until 601 waiver is approved and 485 would be automatically approved.

Now we are so shocked and worried what would happen if something goes wrong during the 485 interview. Would our submitted 601 waiver be cancelled as well? Freaking out WHY they would call us for an interview...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LD. What you mean when you say dont have much confident in them,can the embassy in your country of origin still deny your visa after your waiver is approve here?. I thought they just have to give out the visa. My husband gets nervous when he goes to that place ,even when he knows the answer he will still act nervous. I am hoping to hear from them before our WOOD ( 5th) Anniversary in July as I have to visit my husband this time,I mist last year Anniv. I also went for my citizenship interview 2 weeks ago past my test and everything,then the OF is saying he have to review my travels as they were many.What am I to do if they have to take so long to say yes. I love America but I also love my husband.I just have to hold on to them both.

Kingston embassy has been very difficult to deal with, for us anyway, since day one. Just have to stay positive and hold the faith!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.