PA2DR

I hate pictures!!!

28 posts in this topic

So I met my fiancé four years ago in the Dominican Republic . At that time I did not know we were gonna become engaged four years later. I hate taking pictures I never thought to take pictures of all of our times together, I probably have about 12 pictures altogether . I do however have boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel confirmations, what's up conversations, video chat logs and call logs. I have a statement from my mother confirming the relationship  and a screenshot of the video chatting. I have facebook posts, western union receipts. I'm going back down there in 38 days and I feel like I'm going to have to take pictures every moment of our time together. Can anyone tell me how important a lot of pictures actually is. 

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Honestly, pictures are considered secondary evidence: they can be faked and the date can be altered. They're helpful to include, but officials prefer to see passport stamps, receipts, etc. So I'd say include all the pictures you have, but focus primarily on other types of evidence. Pictures are good, but the other types of evidence you previously mentioned having, those are even better. Sure, take some pictures when you visit again, but don't worry about documenting every second. DO keep your boarding passes and receipts, though, those are "hard" evidence which officials like to see. Roughly 12 pictures is the amount I'd recommend including, anyway, provided they're from a range of dates. No need to include fifty or one-hundred photos, as some people on here have done. That gets repetitive and annoying for those reviewing your case. You need ample evidence, yes, but from a wide variety of mediums. And it sounds like you're in good shape with the amount of different types you have.

Everything above as well.  

USCIS want to verify you have met with-in the past two years.  Quality evidence of this includes: airline tickets, passport stamps matching airline ticket dates, boarding passes, bus tickets, hotel receipts, etc.  

If you are to add photos, I suggest adding photos of your visits with familiar landmarks in the background.
My wife and I only submitted 4 photos of us together with landmarks of our cities in the background: Seattle Space Needle and Vancouver BC Science World and Whistler Ski Resort.  We did add copies of her bus boarding passes when she would come to visit as well.  We had zero RFE's and approved K1 Visa with no problems.

Think like a USCIS agent.  Considering tons of immigration fraud cases out there - if you were a USCIS agent and presented with the evidence you submitted - would you believe the relationship is legit, and that you have met in-person within 2 years?

Quality > Quantity  

K-1 Visa Journey

11/14/2016: K1 Visa Application Mailed To Dallas Lock Box

11/17/2016: K1 Visa Application Received Date

11/22/2016: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/22/2016: Received NOA1 Text and Email - USCIS California Service Center

11/23/2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail

02/07/2017: Received NOA2 Approval Online - 77 Days From NOA1 Date

02/11/2017: Received NOA2 Hard Copy In The Mail

03/03/2017: Case Received By NVC

03/08/2017: Called NVC And Received Case # and Invoice # - CEAC Website Shows Case Is "Ready"

03/09/2017: Downloaded Packet 3 From Canadian Consulate Website - Emailed Packet 3 at 12:30am PST

03/09/2017: Received Return Email Packet 4 at 1pm PST

03/09/2017: Scheduled Interview Per Packet 4 Instructions

04/19/2017: K1 Visa Interview At Montreal US Embassy - Visa Approved - 148 Days From NOA1 Date

04/26/2017: CEAC Status Changed From "Administrative Processing" To "Issued"

04/28/2017: Visa In Hand

05/28/2017: POE Peace Arch Crossing - Blaine, WA USA - Experience Was Very Friendly And Welcoming

07/14/2017: Wedding Day

AOS Journey

08/19/2017: AOSEAD, AP Mailed To Chicago Lock Box

08/29/2017: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

08/30/2017: Received NOA1 Text and Email For AOS, EAD, AP

09/05/2017: Received NOA1 Hard Copies In The Mail For AOS, EAD, AP

09/19/2017: Biometrics Completed

09/26/2017: USCIS Website Shows "Interview Ready To Be Scheduled By USCIS"

11/20/2017: Received EAD and AP Approval Letters

12/04/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

12/07/2018: Received Text notification AOS interview has been scheduled

01/09/2019: AOS Interview Date - Approved

01/17/2019: Green Card In Hand

ROC Journey

10/11/2020: Petition For ROC Window Opens

10/17/2020: Petition For ROC Mailed To USCIS Phoenix

10/20/2020: Petition For ROC Delivered To USCIS Phoenix

11/04/2020: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/04/2020: Received NOA 1 Text and Email

11/10/2020: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail For ROC

11/12/2020: Online - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

06/22/2021: Online - ROC Approved

07/02/2021: 10 Year Green Card In Hand

46 minutes ago, KimchiLumpia said:

Everything above as well.  

USCIS want to verify you have met with-in the past two years.  Quality evidence of this includes: airline tickets, passport stamps matching airline ticket dates, boarding passes, bus tickets, hotel receipts, etc.  

If you are to add photos, I suggest adding photos of your visits with familiar landmarks in the background.
My wife and I only submitted 4 photos of us together with landmarks of our cities in the background: Seattle Space Needle and Vancouver BC Science World and Whistler Ski Resort.  We did add copies of her bus boarding passes when she would come to visit as well.  We had zero RFE's and approved K1 Visa with no problems.

Think like a USCIS agent.  Considering tons of immigration fraud cases out there - if you were a USCIS agent and presented with the evidence you submitted - would you believe the relationship is legit, and that you have met in-person within 2 years?

Quality > Quantity  

Thank you, we have a full list of things we plan on doing next month when i visit again I’ll make sure to snap a few pictures then. Thanks for the information 

event.png

55 minutes ago, PA2DR said:

Thank you, we have a full list of things we plan on doing next month when i visit again I’ll make sure to snap a few pictures then. Thanks for the information 

No problem!

Just keep in mind, my wife came to the US from a very low immigration fraud country in Canada.  The amount of evidence you provide will be determined by the foreign fiance's country of origin.

When you can, I recommend you update your VJ profile and add the foreign fiance's country.  Once you do that, click the "portals" tab and you will be directed to immigration information specific to the foreign fiance's country.

Good luck on your visa journey!

K-1 Visa Journey

11/14/2016: K1 Visa Application Mailed To Dallas Lock Box

11/17/2016: K1 Visa Application Received Date

11/22/2016: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/22/2016: Received NOA1 Text and Email - USCIS California Service Center

11/23/2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail

02/07/2017: Received NOA2 Approval Online - 77 Days From NOA1 Date

02/11/2017: Received NOA2 Hard Copy In The Mail

03/03/2017: Case Received By NVC

03/08/2017: Called NVC And Received Case # and Invoice # - CEAC Website Shows Case Is "Ready"

03/09/2017: Downloaded Packet 3 From Canadian Consulate Website - Emailed Packet 3 at 12:30am PST

03/09/2017: Received Return Email Packet 4 at 1pm PST

03/09/2017: Scheduled Interview Per Packet 4 Instructions

04/19/2017: K1 Visa Interview At Montreal US Embassy - Visa Approved - 148 Days From NOA1 Date

04/26/2017: CEAC Status Changed From "Administrative Processing" To "Issued"

04/28/2017: Visa In Hand

05/28/2017: POE Peace Arch Crossing - Blaine, WA USA - Experience Was Very Friendly And Welcoming

07/14/2017: Wedding Day

AOS Journey

08/19/2017: AOSEAD, AP Mailed To Chicago Lock Box

08/29/2017: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

08/30/2017: Received NOA1 Text and Email For AOS, EAD, AP

09/05/2017: Received NOA1 Hard Copies In The Mail For AOS, EAD, AP

09/19/2017: Biometrics Completed

09/26/2017: USCIS Website Shows "Interview Ready To Be Scheduled By USCIS"

11/20/2017: Received EAD and AP Approval Letters

12/04/2017: Received EAD/AP Combo Card

12/07/2018: Received Text notification AOS interview has been scheduled

01/09/2019: AOS Interview Date - Approved

01/17/2019: Green Card In Hand

ROC Journey

10/11/2020: Petition For ROC Window Opens

10/17/2020: Petition For ROC Mailed To USCIS Phoenix

10/20/2020: Petition For ROC Delivered To USCIS Phoenix

11/04/2020: Check Cashed By US Dept of Homeland Security

11/04/2020: Received NOA 1 Text and Email

11/10/2020: Received NOA1 Hard Copy In The Mail For ROC

11/12/2020: Online - Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken

06/22/2021: Online - ROC Approved

07/02/2021: 10 Year Green Card In Hand

One more question, I’m heading to dr next month i plan on taking all forms and having him sign everything with a wet signature. Also we plan on doing our intent to marry and so forth. We will date it right before i leave and i will send the package off when i get back to the US. Does that sound correct? 

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only wet signatures required are on the petition form itself.  Petitioner(required), preparer (if required) or translator (if required).

Evidence in support of the petition will be legible photocopies unless the USCIS SPECIFICALLY requests something to be original.

Statement of Intent to marry is supporting evidence...  The USCIS does not SPECIFICALLY require original signatures on this statement, just that the statement is signed.

YMMV

Ahhh thanks!! So all I really need from him is birth certificate (copy), passport photo and just confirming all the information for the i129f.

Ahhh thanks!! So all I really need from him is birth certificate (copy), passport photos

event.png

Timeline
12 minutes ago, PA2DR said:

Ahhh thanks!! So all I really need from him is birth certificate (copy), passport photo and just confirming all the information for the i129f.

Ahhh thanks!! So all I really need from him is birth certificate (copy), passport photos

You don't need the BC either.  That comes at the embassy phase

YMMV

Timeline

BC is a possible submission by the USC

Passport style photo, termination of previous marriages, documentation on any legal name changes, statement of intent to marry, passport if the beneficiary has traveled  to the USA and any evidence that the beneficiary might have to support the meeting in person requirement is all I can think of

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have been to Russia twice to see GF and rented Flat We put both names on contract. Now we are in Vietnam for a month and again have contract in both names. we also have visa's in Vietnam and boarding passes and same when I go to Russia. As minor source pics at monuments, and viber, what'sapp log so I am very comfortable with this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.