Ahmed Suleiman

Help! Ineligible under section 221 (g)

127 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I was denied  CR1 visa on 27 of march 2017 in Ghana. They gave me a letter stating " The applicant has been found ineligible under section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act  (INA). We will return the above case file(s) to (NVC), which will then transfer the case to (USCIS) office.  The USCIS office will contact you as soon as they receive your petition(s). Please do not contact this Embassy regarding this case. As it may take up to six months for the case to be forwarded, please do not contact the USCIS service centre until you've received notification from them." I don't know what to do. Please i need your advice ???

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Need specific information about how the interview went, what was said, did they ask for any other paperwork or proof of relationship?

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

I provided all the documents they needed, including pictures about 70 pics  and screen shot of our Facebook chat was 140 pages because all our calls and chat was on Facebook messenger . After asking so many questions he the consular said my wife's Facebook account was made up because he can't find anything on her wall and  I told him she even shared a video with me just recently but he couldn't find anything not knowing her Facebook account was on privacy which i didn't know. So that was it ???

Timeline

Sounds like that was an excuse/reason they gave but doubt that was the whole, or real reason why.

Have there been a lot of visits for lengthy periods? 

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

Am an artist so she has been posting some of my art works on her Facebook page. Moreover she visited 3 times and I showed them proof of her travel . I showed them screen shot of our video calls . Even our pictures tells you all. I added a picture of her i painted which she took a picture her standing beside the art work . Seriously I don't know what I did or said for my visa denial. My wife and I become friends since 15 August 2015 and got married 25 of January 2016. Now we've been married for one year and some few months which we've waited for so long to finally be together. Please what should I do?

Timeline

That could be a red flag to them also, the seemingly quick courtship and marriage obviously on first visit it sounds like.... That isn't much time before getting married.

Ghana is a hard hard embassy because of the high fraud it sees.

• Is there a large age gap like is she older than you?

02/03/2017 - Married 

Timeline

That doesn't sound exactly like a major age gap in my mind; but to the CO that could have been a bit out of place. It really is hard to say. 

• Carefully go back over in your mind the interview and was there any other part that seemed to be odd or strike you as negative response?

02/03/2017 - Married 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The quickest solution would be for her to move to you,anything involving the US will take a very long time.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The only part that seems odd for me when he told me he couldn't find any evidence i provide on her fb page and her last post was on February 2016 and I said to him it's not true because she said a video with me recently. For me I should  have defended my self by telling him her Facebook account was on privacy but I actually didn't know by then.

Timeline

Well as Boiler said above, there is not much at this point that can be done. The decision was made (again for more reasons than just the FB I would bet on it). The petition will return to NVC then USCIS where she will receive the NOIR, she can attempt to fight it but it will take quite some time. She either can wait, withdraw and refile, or move to you.... She really needs to go for a FOIA and try to find out the real reason for denial. If you do not correct the issue, it will continue to probably pop up. There again is not a ton that can be done at this point.

02/03/2017 - Married 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.