blushblue2

Anyone dating/ planning to marry Jamaican man?

88 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I recently met what appears to be the love of my life while in Jamaica. please share your experience with dating Jamaican men as everything I am reading online has me wanting to run towards the door and I also feel that it is shaping the way I look at him. when I talk to him everything feels so genuine. its only been about 3 months and we talk everyday at least 3-4 times a day. he works at the resort I stayed at and the rest is history. he did " fall in love" pretty fast has mentioned marriage and "breeding" me. thanks in advance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from Off Topic to the Caribbean regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can give you some insight, just keep you're eyes and ears open. Some Jamaican men move to fast but not all of them are like that. Just take your time and get to know him, his family and friends.

Stay positive don't focus on the negative ????

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take it very very VERY slow. He works at a resort. He meets women every single day. I have traveled to Jamaica 8 times. I sit on the beach in my lawn chair and watch the men work the foreigners. Now, I am not saying your beau is at all like this but please please be very careful. Do not be smitten with all their loving, sweet words and accent. VIsit him, stay with him, not always on a resort. Learn the cutlure. Learn patois/patweh. Meet his friends and family. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Did he really say "mi wan fi breed yuh"? lol :no: Slow down yardie!

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bwahahaha!!! :lol: I seriously spit out my drink all over my desk. Now I have to clean it up. Meh soon come back.

lol sorry! You know these Caribbean men are something else. lolol

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes be careful and SLOW! Do not ignore those red flags!! Message me if you want to go deeper into it :) Same situation. Met a man at the resort I stayed at. Very fast relationship

1-130 Sent : 4/22/16

NOA 1: 4/25/16

RFE: 7/22/16

RFE reply: 9/26/16

NOA 2: 10/13/16

Sent to NVC: 10/28/16

NVC Receive: 11/4/16

Case # assinged: 11/15/16

Timeline

You can meet men in the states who can use you as well. I would say take the same precautions you would with any relationship. Some men are looking for a step up and others want a better life and to help their family but that doesn't mean he won't genuinely care for you. Just be mindful... obviously you will have to visit him to get to know him. Is he taking you around his family and friends, can you visit/stay with him at his home or does he want to stay with you in the resort (you will have to get to know his way of life as well and not use the excuse of staying within the comforts of the resort), are you having to pay for everything and pay his way when you visit, is he asking you to send $$, clothes, or other goods, are you doing all the calling or is it reciprocal? Ask him how he would feel if you moved there instead of him coming where you are. You also want to be sure he doesn't have a wife/girlfriend or kids he's not telling you about (although he could get away with lying about that-for a while anyway), Ask him hasn't anyone ever applied for a visa on his behalf before. These are just a few things I can think of to help guide you. Lastly, just take your time. If it's genuine, there's no rush.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Take it very very VERY slow. He works at a resort. He meets women every single day. I have traveled to Jamaica 8 times. I sit on the beach in my lawn chair and watch the men work the foreigners. Now, I am not saying your beau is at all like this but please please be very careful. Do not be smitten with all their loving, sweet words and accent. VIsit him, stay with him, not always on a resort. Learn the cutlure. Learn patois/patweh. Meet his friends and family. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Did he really say "mi wan fi breed yuh"? lol :no: Slow down yardie!

DWL

Please take everything very slowly!!

(L) God please bless us all (L)

I-129F K1 VISA SERVICE CENTER CALIFORNIA

09/22/2016 I-129F SENT (1 DAY)

09/26/2016 RECEIVED (4 DAYS)

09/27/2016 CHECK CASHED (5 DAYS)

09/28/2016 TEXT AND EMAIL NOTIFICATION (6 DAYS)

10/03/2016 NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED (11 DAYS)

10/31/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION (41 DAYS)

11/04/2016 RFE RECEIVED HARD COPY(45 DAYS)

11/05/2016 RFE MAILED CSC (46 DAYS)

11/07/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (48 DAYS)

11/14/2016 NOA2 NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (54 DAYS)

11/19/2016 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED (59 DAYS)

12/09/2016 NVC RECEIVED CASE (79 DAYS)

12/12/2016 NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED (82 DAYS)

01/14/2017 NVC SENT CASE TO EMBASSY

01/21/2016 EMBASSY RECEIVES CASE

01/24/2017 CEAC READY

02/19/2017 MEDICAL APPT

02/28/2017 1ST INTERVIEW  

03/16/2017  2ND INTERVIEW   APPROVED

Timeline

You can meet men in the states who can use you as well. I would say take the same precautions you would with any relationship. Some men are looking for a step up and others want a better life and to help their family but that doesn't mean he won't genuinely care for you. Just be mindful... obviously you will have to visit him to get to know him. Is he taking you around his family and friends, can you visit/stay with him at his home or does he want to stay with you in the resort (you will have to get to know his way of life as well and not use the excuse of staying within the comforts of the resort), are you having to pay for everything and pay his way when you visit, is he asking you to send $$, clothes, or other goods, are you doing all the calling or is it reciprocal? Ask him how he would feel if you moved there instead of him coming where you are. You also want to be sure he doesn't have a wife/girlfriend or kids he's not telling you about (although he could get away with lying about that-for a while anyway), Ask him hasn't anyone ever applied for a visa on his behalf before. These are just a few things I can think of to help guide you. Lastly, just take your time. If it's genuine, there's no rush.

Angelbrown true and correct. Love the advice you gave to the OP

Timeline

Just remember the author of the book " How Stella got her Groove back" . If you cannot Google it and read the out come of that relationship.

Please do stereotype all Jamaican men as being gay. Thats an insult to my culture and my husband culture. If you have no knowledge about Jamaica or the culture please refrain from making statements like this. Thanks ☺

Please dont stereotype all Jamaican men as being gay. Thats an insult to my culture and my husband culture. If you have no knowledge about Jamaica or the culture please refrain from making statements like this. Thanks ☺

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I need to read that book too I only watch the movie which had a good ending

(L) God please bless us all (L)

I-129F K1 VISA SERVICE CENTER CALIFORNIA

09/22/2016 I-129F SENT (1 DAY)

09/26/2016 RECEIVED (4 DAYS)

09/27/2016 CHECK CASHED (5 DAYS)

09/28/2016 TEXT AND EMAIL NOTIFICATION (6 DAYS)

10/03/2016 NOA1 HARD COPY RECEIVED (11 DAYS)

10/31/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION (41 DAYS)

11/04/2016 RFE RECEIVED HARD COPY(45 DAYS)

11/05/2016 RFE MAILED CSC (46 DAYS)

11/07/2016 RFE NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (48 DAYS)

11/14/2016 NOA2 NOTIFICATION RECEIVED (54 DAYS)

11/19/2016 NOA2 HARD COPY RECEIVED (59 DAYS)

12/09/2016 NVC RECEIVED CASE (79 DAYS)

12/12/2016 NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED (82 DAYS)

01/14/2017 NVC SENT CASE TO EMBASSY

01/21/2016 EMBASSY RECEIVES CASE

01/24/2017 CEAC READY

02/19/2017 MEDICAL APPT

02/28/2017 1ST INTERVIEW  

03/16/2017  2ND INTERVIEW   APPROVED

Filed: Timeline

Please do stereotype all Jamaican men as being gay. Thats an insult to my culture and my husband culture. If you have no knowledge about Jamaica or the culture please refrain from making statements like this. Thanks ☺

It is not about being gay, I refer to Stella , because they met under similar circumstances,, and from what she is said he is saying to her , it seems she is being wooed in a similar fashion too

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.