HYVS

K1 visa Proof of having met in last two years

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

At what stage the proof is required to be given. We got prominent immigration lawyer doing it for us. He asked us to keep it handy but never asked for it when he sent our i129F. We have plenty of proof of having met several times and travelled extensively out of country also. We also got engaged last year, When is the proof required.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The proof is sent with the I-129F package, so I'm not really sure what your lawyer is doing. The I-129F form is just one part of a very large packet of information and proof that gets sent to the Lockbox.

You should look at the K-1 checklist here and make sure you included everything:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Edited by nikkimujj

10/06/2014: Met in Germany

10/24/2015: Engaged in Barcelona 

11/16/2015: I-129F Sent

11/27/2015: NOA1 Electronic Copy

12/04/2015: NOA1 Hard Copy

01/08/2016: NOA2 Electronic Copy

01/18/2016: NOA2 Hard Copy

01/19/2016: NVC Receive (approx.)

01/22/2016: Left NVC

01/25/2016: Got case # over the phone

02/18/2016: Package 3 Receive

02/25/2016: Sent documents to embassy (Frankfurt)

03/15/2016: Interview: APPROVED!

03/17/2016: Visa Issued

03/19/2016: Visa in hand!

08/28/2016: POE New York JFK

10/01/2016: Married! (L)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If your lawyer doesn't know to send the evidence of meeting with the I-129F then it's time to say good bye to the attorney.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

At what stage the proof is required to be given. We got prominent immigration lawyer doing it for us. He asked us to keep it handy but never asked for it when he sent our i129F. We have plenty of proof of having met several times and travelled extensively out of country also. We also got engaged last year, When is the proof required.

The evidence of meeting in person within the last two years is required to be sent along with the 129f petition. Your high priced lawyer, if they knew what they were doing, should have requested it.

Tell this to your money sucker and inform them if you do get an RFE (which delays the process to answer it) then you will want a full refund of your money.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Tell this to your money sucker and inform them if you do get an RFE (which delays the process to answer it) then you will want a full refund of your money.

I'm guessing the lawyer left it out intentionally to get an RFE, drag the process out unnecessarily and get more money out of them <_<

Clearly everyone should educate themselves on the process, even if you have a lawyer...

10/06/2014: Met in Germany

10/24/2015: Engaged in Barcelona 

11/16/2015: I-129F Sent

11/27/2015: NOA1 Electronic Copy

12/04/2015: NOA1 Hard Copy

01/08/2016: NOA2 Electronic Copy

01/18/2016: NOA2 Hard Copy

01/19/2016: NVC Receive (approx.)

01/22/2016: Left NVC

01/25/2016: Got case # over the phone

02/18/2016: Package 3 Receive

02/25/2016: Sent documents to embassy (Frankfurt)

03/15/2016: Interview: APPROVED!

03/17/2016: Visa Issued

03/19/2016: Visa in hand!

08/28/2016: POE New York JFK

10/01/2016: Married! (L)

Timeline

Hi Thanks. I got in touch with the lawyer. He sent the immigration stamps from our trips taken together. We visted 7 countries in last six months and he sent the stamps. He also included the stamps of my fiances India entry to meet me. Hope that is enough, I mean he didn't ask for pictures phone bills and hotel bills. Please let me know if just the immigration stamps on the same dates in other countrues would help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi Thanks. I got in touch with the lawyer. He sent the immigration stamps from our trips taken together. We visted 7 countries in last six months and he sent the stamps. He also included the stamps of my fiances India entry to meet me. Hope that is enough, I mean he didn't ask for pictures phone bills and hotel bills. Please let me know if just the immigration stamps on the same dates in other countrues would help

Yes those should work.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

IMHO one should include as much proofs of relationship as possible,with the i129f.The Consular Officers pretty much decide whether to issue the visa or no before you are ever interviewed(specially in Indian Consulates).Now,if you get a RFE then try to send as much proofs of relationship as you can including photos,affidavits from family members(Indian Consulates like to see those),hotel receipts,ring ceremony pics,ring purchase receipt etc etc.The more proofs you send along with your i129 f the more easy will be your interview.One last advice is to always look for information yourself and not completely trust this so called "prominent lawyer".If you need further help you can message me.Best of luck.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sending my I129 this week to petition my fiancé in Philippines. I don't have any of the boarding passes but I printed out emailed plane and hotel confirmations along with several pictures of us together. Will this be an issue?

Timeline

I gave pictures passport stamps rail tickets with our names printed

Think about something common u did. Also do you have pics together with others like family friends. Also dpending on period relationship. for 5 months of relationship we gave about 10 pics. Write on the back of each picture where is it taken. I sent first met picture then 3 from Europe trip.

Follow the complete check list on visa journey send two letters of intent from both of you. We got a ref as our lawyer screwed up. Also make a short and crisp answer of question 34 a of how u met. If all u give now your petition will get approved in a month or 40 days. It took us 88 days because our lawyer didn't send anything

Think about something common u did. Also do you have pics together with others like family friends. Also dpending on period relationship. for 5 months of relationship we gave about 10 pics. Write on the back of each picture where is it taken. I sent first met picture then 3 from Europe trip.

Follow the complete check list on visa journey send two letters of intent from both of you. We got a ref as our lawyer screwed up. Also make a short and crisp answer of question 34 a of how u met. If all u give now your petition will get approved in a month or 40 days. It took us 88 days because our lawyer didn't send anything send flight tickets

Follow the complete check list on visa journey send two letters of intent from both of you. We got a ref as our lawyer screwed up. Also make a short and crisp answer of question 34 a of how u met. If all u give now your petition will get approved in a month or 40 days. It took us 88 days because our lawyer didn't send anything send flight tickets

Agree with everyone else to ditch the lawyer. You just wasted money.

Wait for the possible RFE but have your evidence ready in case. In the meantime, study the guides here. You may end up with enough knowledge to do it yourself.

Wanted to add that my wife and I had tons of pictures from the numerous trips I made to go see her. Of course, I added them to the I-129 package and was accepted with no RFEs. When my wife (then fiance) had her interview I attended and I noticed that the CO used the very pictures from the fiance petition for reference. We brought new pictures along to the interview but there was no reason for her to see them.

Pictures help.

Edited by NuestraUnion

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

We hired a lawyer as we were clueless but i found visa journey and started reading.i already knew we will get the ref as what lawyer sent and the checklist here didn't match. We got ref for four things my divorce papers my letter of intent proof of meeting and how we met frst time. We sent that immediately. Lawyer had all that information but put it on his office staff for the miss.anyway we had already paid him 2k..

We got rid of him and did nect steps on our own. This is the best forum ...people here are very helpful and responsibile. My visa journey without this website would be a nightmare.

Also nuestra union is right because we dent everything with i129 they didn't check yhe two sacks of paper we took for the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well my fiancee is sending her boarding tickets, passport copies with the stamps, hotel receipts and photos of us together. Will that be enough? I'm just worried that she was the only one to visit, since I couldn't get a visa to go to United States. Do we need anything proving that I was here in Brazil by the time she came? Aren't all the photos and her travel documents enough?

Timeline

These all are enough. Basically they feed each other. Plane tickets and passport stamps tell that she visited the city. Photos tell that she was with you. Pit all of them and its enough

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.