Vennie

Moving to Georgia...

349 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Saw the forum and cant help it but comment. I had been coming back and forth Georgia since 2014 til early this year before I met my fiance and we decided to settle down.

I stayed mainly in Duluth in the initial years then last year at Flowery Branch. I love Pleasant Hill because it is pretty much packed with asian goodies and since I am from Philippines.

Buford Farmer's Market Basically have a section for Philippine products, they have awesome baked pastries too.

Previous U.S. Visa/Trips
03-10-2014 : B1 issued date
03-24-2015 : B1/B2 issued date
02-26-2016 : Visited my aunt in Corpus Christi
02-27-2016 : Meet Ryan and he asked me out 
03-30-2016 : He proposed before I left U.S.
04-01-2016 : I left U.S. I wish I had enough days to marry him.
But, I have a very important business meeting to physically attend in Cebu on 04/04. I also have a business trip due in Japan for May 2016. 
Circumstances lead me to K-1. 
K1 - Journey
Spoiler

04-22-2016 : Sent I-129F Packet
07-20-2016 : Received NOA2
08-01-2016 : NVC Case # assigned
08-25-2016 : Interview Date and APPROVED!!! 
09-03-2016 : VOH
AOS - Journey
Spoiler

12-14-2016 : POE

12-30-2016 : Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-20-2017 : Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 Packet
01-24-2017 : NOA1 Received Date
02-03-2017 : Received NOA1 Hard Copy
02-04-2017 : Received Biometrics Appointment Scheduled on 02/17
02-08-2017 : Completed Biometrics
04-22-2017 : EAD Update - Card in Production
04-27-2017 : Received EAD & AP Approval Notice
05-01-2017 : Received EAD & AP Combo Card
11-17-2017 : I-485 Approved Date
11-25-2017 : I-485 Approved Notice Received
11-27-2017 : GC Received at the mailbox. No text/email notification. USCIS Case Status is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received" 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome MsCompE. I am from the Grayson area and shop at the Duluth farmer's market weekly with my husband. Was there over the weekend. Love there Jamaican section. It's like a home away from home going there?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Yes I thought so too. It being such a busy city and all.

Yeah I know. I'll keep my fingers crossed for us!!

I hope to get the hard copy of the NOA1 today or this week at least. My casenumbers finally works :)

Hi Everyone!

Saw the forum and cant help it but comment. I had been coming back and forth Georgia since 2014 til early this year before I met my fiance and we decided to settle down.

I stayed mainly in Duluth in the initial years then last year at Flowery Branch. I love Pleasant Hill because it is pretty much packed with asian goodies and since I am from Philippines.

Buford Farmer's Market Basically have a section for Philippine products, they have awesome baked pastries too.

Welcome :)

Asien food is pretty easy to find in Georgia so you are lucky that way.

Yep we also shop at the Farmers Marked once in awhile when I need a few thing :)

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome MsCompE. I am from the Grayson area and shop at the Duluth farmer's market weekly with my husband. Was there over the weekend. Love there Jamaican section. It's like a home away from home going there?

Which Duluth Farmers market are you referring? I've taken my husband to a couple in the area and he doesn't seem to be impressed but then again....he shows little expression towards anything.

Timeline

Which Duluth Farmers market are you referring? I've taken my husband to a couple in the area and he doesn't seem to be impressed but then again....he shows little expression towards anything.

Nam Dae Mun Farmers Market

3825 Shackleford Rd, Duluth, GA 30096

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Duluth farmer's market is right at i-85 exit 103. Across marriott residence inn beside home depot?

I think it is smaller as compared to the one in buford. I dont see much in duluth's farmer's market apart from typical sections + korean section + hispanic section.

I used to lived in pineland road right across duluth's farmer's market 2014 to 2015 before i moved to norcross then flowery branch. Used to shop there a lot as it is closest, then publix in pleasant hill.

...and thanks all for the warm welcome :)

Previous U.S. Visa/Trips
03-10-2014 : B1 issued date
03-24-2015 : B1/B2 issued date
02-26-2016 : Visited my aunt in Corpus Christi
02-27-2016 : Meet Ryan and he asked me out 
03-30-2016 : He proposed before I left U.S.
04-01-2016 : I left U.S. I wish I had enough days to marry him.
But, I have a very important business meeting to physically attend in Cebu on 04/04. I also have a business trip due in Japan for May 2016. 
Circumstances lead me to K-1. 
K1 - Journey
Spoiler

04-22-2016 : Sent I-129F Packet
07-20-2016 : Received NOA2
08-01-2016 : NVC Case # assigned
08-25-2016 : Interview Date and APPROVED!!! 
09-03-2016 : VOH
AOS - Journey
Spoiler

12-14-2016 : POE

12-30-2016 : Wedding Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
01-20-2017 : Sent I-485, I-765, I-131 Packet
01-24-2017 : NOA1 Received Date
02-03-2017 : Received NOA1 Hard Copy
02-04-2017 : Received Biometrics Appointment Scheduled on 02/17
02-08-2017 : Completed Biometrics
04-22-2017 : EAD Update - Card in Production
04-27-2017 : Received EAD & AP Approval Notice
11-17-2017 : I-485 Approved Date
11-25-2017 : I-485 Approved Notice Received
11-27-2017 : GC Received at the mailbox. No text/email notification. USCIS Case Status is still at "Fingerprint Fee Received" 

Hey guys, how's everyone doing? I've been busy with looking for jobs and finding apartments process. We have decided to renew for another year since we don't want to go on hassle to move furniture and changing addresses etc. Considering we have to pay another amount of application admin fees. But definitely next year we will move out because Comcast is the only option for our internet here and I HATE IT SO MUCH! They increase my bill monthly and gave reasons that there is increment for "interest fees, Broadcast fee" which doesn't make sense. And out of nowhere there is a "Payment and Credits" section where amazingly popup charging me 135dollars. Had to call them and asked and they said they made a mistake and told me to ignore it. WOW?

Thanks for recommending the Nam Dae Mun Farmer's Market, I will be sure to check that out. Usually I will just go to Duluth's H-mart for meats, Great Wall China Supermarket for my chinese sauces and rice is cheaper there by 4 dollars, and walmart for water and bread and some kitchenwares/toiletries.
Lately I have visited Buford Highway's Farmer's Market in Doraville lot bigger than the others, fascinated with the huge variety of food they have especially eastern european and asian ingredients which I couldn't find it and shipped from Singapore, there is also a Hmart nearby, its smaller than Duluth's but if you shop there with a student card, you will get 10% discount for groceries. I really like the new Kroger at Glenwood, the environment there is nice.

I havent been learning driving lately, the weather is too hot for me, I will probably wait till October to start learning again. I can't wait for real actual fall to come.

I went to visit Macon lately, went to sight seeing and visited the Ocmulgee temple/tomb which was 15,000 years ago. Its free to visit, there's so many people there playing pokemon go though.

Did lots of shopping at Tangler outlets too, if you want to buy clothes or kitchenware, huge discounts at Tangler Outlets, esp black friday.

So far I have been receiving rejection emails from jobs that I've applied :( Hope I get something real soon.

Glad to hear from you guys Vennie and Georgia16!

Oh yesh I found a bakery called Alon's Market, the cakes there are pretty yummy, do check it out! Its at 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd and 1394 N Highland Ave NE Atlanta

I have been subscribing to WhatNowAtlanta for latest events and properties going on: https://whatnowatlanta.com/

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline

Hey guys, how's everyone doing? I've been busy with looking for jobs and finding apartments process. We have decided to renew for another year since we don't want to go on hassle to move furniture and changing addresses etc. Considering we have to pay another amount of application admin fees. But definitely next year we will move out because Comcast is the only option for our internet here and I HATE IT SO MUCH! They increase my bill monthly and gave reasons that there is increment for "interest fees, Broadcast fee" which doesn't make sense. And out of nowhere there is a "Payment and Credits" section where amazingly popup charging me 135dollars. Had to call them and asked and they said they made a mistake and told me to ignore it. WOW?

Thanks for recommending the Nam Dae Mun Farmer's Market, I will be sure to check that out. Usually I will just go to Duluth's H-mart for meats, Great Wall China Supermarket for my chinese sauces and rice is cheaper there by 4 dollars, and walmart for water and bread and some kitchenwares/toiletries.

Lately I have visited Buford Highway's Farmer's Market in Doraville lot bigger than the others, fascinated with the huge variety of food they have especially eastern european and asian ingredients which I couldn't find it and shipped from Singapore, there is also a Hmart nearby, its smaller than Duluth's but if you shop there with a student card, you will get 10% discount for groceries. I really like the new Kroger at Glenwood, the environment there is nice.

I havent been learning driving lately, the weather is too hot for me, I will probably wait till October to start learning again. I can't wait for real actual fall to come.

I went to visit Macon lately, went to sight seeing and visited the Ocmulgee temple/tomb which was 15,000 years ago. Its free to visit, there's so many people there playing pokemon go though.

Did lots of shopping at Tangler outlets too, if you want to buy clothes or kitchenware, huge discounts at Tangler Outlets, esp black friday.

So far I have been receiving rejection emails from jobs that I've applied :( Hope I get something real soon.

Glad to hear from you guys Vennie and Georgia16!

Oh yesh I found a bakery called Alon's Market, the cakes there are pretty yummy, do check it out! Its at 4505 Ashford Dunwoody Rd and 1394 N Highland Ave NE Atlanta

I have been subscribing to WhatNowAtlanta for latest events and properties going on: https://whatnowatlanta.com/

Good to hear from you! ...

I'm sorry your job search is not paying off just yet. I'm sure it will happen.

I could not wait on getting my DL I'm waiting SO impatiently for my EAD so I can get it! Will make our life so much easier! ...

Seems crazy with your internet! ... There must be another way to get some other internet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Welcome back?it's so great to have you back.

So sorry about your job hunt. I'm sure you will hear something positive soon. I haven't gotten my EAD as yet but I am getting my stuff prepared till then.

Will definitely try the Alon's Market bakery?

Timeline

Welcome back?it's so great to have you back.

So sorry about your job hunt. I'm sure you will hear something positive soon. I haven't gotten my EAD as yet but I am getting my stuff prepared till then.

Will definitely try the Alon's Market bakery?

Still no Bio for you?? It's been a month since they had your package right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.