Vennie

Moving to Georgia...

349 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Wow that's sucks. Sorry dear.

I'm doing very well. In the process of getting my things organize, pack and and ready for my departure. I am so excited to start my journey.

It's like I am eager to go but there just don't seem to be enough time to get things done?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Wow that's sucks. Sorry dear.

I'm doing very well. In the process of getting my things organize, pack and and ready for my departure. I am so excited to start my journey.

It's like I am eager to go but there just don't seem to be enough time to get things done?

When are you going? And will you be doing your POE in Atlanta? We will :)

Hey guys, we are back from our Savannah Vacation. The hotel is great, we stayed at Hilton, great customer service. The historic site can be covered within a day, we stayed for two nights. The food is not as fantastic, I have yet explored really good food in Georgia yet.
We met some homeless in Savannah asking for money, and some crazy homeless men whistling at me when we were walking around the squares. We met Dwayne Johnson and Zac Efron, they were filming Baywatch! Looks like filming industry is expanding in Georgia, previously Fast and Furious was here.

Back to finding jobs now!

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Yeap arrived on K1 and AOS after. I noticed you're from Denmark! THAT IS MY FAVOURITE TO GO LIST! I really want to visit Denmark someday, I used to be a fan of the royal family there lol...esp their love story of the crown prince Frederik!

I'll be travelling to guidestones and stone mountain this week. I found a new ice cream store that's really an "IN" thing now, its called 8 Fahrenheit located in Buford Highway, you gotta queue for quite sometime. Its not new to me but its new to Georgia, they fry the ice cream.

Anyone going to Georgia Renaissance Festival?

http://www.atlanta.net/events/food-wine/

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline

Haha Well you should go sometime in the future;-) ...

Have you gotten your DL before AOS my man and I aren't on the same page when I comes to that and when I can get it lol .. I know I can drive the first 30 days on my Danish DL but really need that GA DL so I can take my boy to school in start August

No we won't be able to enter before late June if interview goes well in2 weeks :)

Its kind of complicated in GA to get a DL before AOS, apparently some staffs do not know about us being able to get DL. I got my learner's permit after green card, I havent taken my DL test though, still trying to adapt to driving on opposite side. I went to Forest Park branch and was rejected when 3 times, first time I came and tried to apply without expiry of my I-94, got rejected and was told to come back when I get more information, 2nd time I came after applying AOS, was rejected and said wait till I get a green card, 3rd time I heard from others EAD would be sufficient so I went with EAD and was told that I have to wait till green card :(, some other georgia posters who experienced same situation in other branches said to try other branches and they managed to do so with EAD without any issues.

YESH my husband and I intend to go to Denmark, visiting neighbor countries too on our REAL honeymoon once we have enough money, hopefully 2 years time and before getting a baby. I heard from my cousins and parents who visited rave bout how nice and friendly it is!

Timeline

Its kind of complicated in GA to get a DL before AOS, apparently some staffs do not know about us being able to get DL. I got my learner's permit after green card, I havent taken my DL test though, still trying to adapt to driving on opposite side. I went to Forest Park branch and was rejected when 3 times, first time I came and tried to apply without expiry of my I-94, got rejected and was told to come back when I get more information, 2nd time I came after applying AOS, was rejected and said wait till I get a green card, 3rd time I heard from others EAD would be sufficient so I went with EAD and was told that I have to wait till green card :(, some other georgia posters who experienced same situation in other branches said to try other branches and they managed to do so with EAD without any issues.

YESH my husband and I intend to go to Denmark, visiting neighbor countries too on our REAL honeymoon once we have enough money, hopefully 2 years time and before getting a baby. I heard from my cousins and parents who visited rave bout how nice and friendly it is!

It's expensive here so make sure you have plenty of money for food and whatever. You don't tip people here so at least you can save on that one. But there are a lot of pretty places to see. The queens castle is in the CPH. walking distance from it all so it's easy to get too.

If you have any questions then feel free to ask :)

Okay, guess we'll go and then he can hear it himself that we can't get it right away even though it sucks because I need it bad! :)

Yeah you'll still need EAD for Georgia :(

I failed baking a cake today, lol tried to bake swiss roll and it burnt!

Oh yeshhh you can tell your man to head over to haagen dasz today, its FREE CONE DAY! free ice creammmmmmmm

Timeline

Yeah you'll still need EAD for Georgia :(

I failed baking a cake today, lol tried to bake swiss roll and it burnt!

Oh yeshhh you can tell your man to head over to haagen dasz today, its FREE CONE DAY! free ice creammmmmmmm

Unfortunately he works 14 hours a day at least this week so no time :( ...

Yeah I kind of new and it sucks!!! ... He just wouldn't believe it but then I'll go with him up there and they can tell him themselves LOL ... stubborn man! :rofl::oops::dancing::luv:

Oh God trust me, they're stubborn, I was so mad at my husband few days ago. He made me bad credit score but I have 0 credit score. He told me he can get me a credit card even though I'm jobless, as long as he co-signs it. So we went to Bank of America and applied, and YEAP as I expected, I'm jobless they rejected my application. So I had no idea how my credit score going to be since i'm starting at 0, hopefully not NEGATIVE lol..But owell, see how stubborn they are! I told him NEVER apply me credit card ever again till I get a job. He gave me supplementary cards but those are only calculated into his credit score and not mine :(
I had no idea how to start since I got rejected. We tried Chase for soft enquiry and got rejected too.

Timeline

Oh God trust me, they're stubborn, I was so mad at my husband few days ago. He made me bad credit score but I have 0 credit score. He told me he can get me a credit card even though I'm jobless, as long as he co-signs it. So we went to Bank of America and applied, and YEAP as I expected, I'm jobless they rejected my application. So I had no idea how my credit score going to be since i'm starting at 0, hopefully not NEGATIVE lol..But owell, see how stubborn they are! I told him NEVER apply me credit card ever again till I get a job. He gave me supplementary cards but those are only calculated into his credit score and not mine :(

I had no idea how to start since I got rejected. We tried Chase for soft enquiry and got rejected too.

We are going to have joint account all they way but my man kind of staring talking about I need my own savings account just so I could start with the credit score? Maybe I misunderstood something there too... But yeah we do need to build up credit in some way. Don't understand why we can't do it when we are added to their account like it is also out though

My husband and I have joint accounts right away after we married. However he mentioned to me that it is better if I can build my credit too and have my own checking account, I will need one especially after I get a job, employers have to banked it in there. I think to get both of us with credit scores, it will be easier to get home loans together and sharing our financial burdens. I guess your husband thinks the same like what my husband thought.

Ultimately, I need a job :( and pass my driving test, I'm not sure when I am ready to take my DL, people in Georgia don't signal! You can see accidents everyday in Atlanta.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey guys, how's everyone doing!

So I went to Duluth Walmart and shop for groceries, bought a huge Great value Veg oil bottle, paid and checked our receipt, when I got home, noticed that our oil got stolen from our trolley! LOL...Owell luckily its 5.96 dollars.

Theres a festival going on called Renaissance Festival, not sure if I'm going but looks fun!

Duluth! I remember shopping trips there from Thunder Bay when I was young! Our closest civilization ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.