Vennie

Moving to Georgia...

349 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thank you dear?a break is much needed. Now I'm on to the job hunting lol.

How are things with you dear? Any news on your end?

Hope you'll find something soon :)

Also please give an update about the DL test :D I'm taking it here soon and I'm nervous!

Otherwise nothing else but we finally got our EAD's so that was really great!

We have started house hunting. We wanted to get away from here and a bit further up when he was done in elementary and was going to middle but he has found a really good friend there will be going to the same middle school as he is supposed to so now it's hard moving away so now we are also starting looking at houses in this area!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank you dear and I definitely will. Good luck on your DL?and good luck on the house hunting?

The Grayson area is great for raising a family I have observe but hard on job hunting.

Hey all, sorry for not replying lately. Been busy!

Its BLACK FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I will be heading to Tangler outlets to buy clothes and nearby Macys for kitchenwares. What will you gurls be doing?

I am still on a job hunt, sadly, had a few replies but over phone interview they rejected me.

Owell, gonna keep trying at least they called right? Haha and I stillllllllll HAVE NOT PASS MY DRIVING OMG...

I can't seem to pass LOL..help!

I've been taking everything slow now, been trying my best to cook at home, learning to cook and being a good nice housewife. I think I'm quite good at grocery pricing now haha!

Its year end now, we're scouting for cheaper health insurance, things are getting more settled. Still I am not allowed to open my own bank account yet, I was rejected by bank of america, etc, still using my joint account atm, got rejected for credit cards even though they sent me applications.

Grats Vennie, I really hope to meet you gurls someday in real! When we all settle down, we can enjoy ourselves a good cup of coffee and chill ~

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline

Thank you dear and I definitely will. Good luck on your DL?and good luck on the house hunting?

The Grayson area is great for raising a family I have observe but hard on job hunting.

Thank you. Will keep my fingers crossed for you to get a job soon :)

Hey all, sorry for not replying lately. Been busy!

Its BLACK FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYY, I will be heading to Tangler outlets to buy clothes and nearby Macys for kitchenwares. What will you gurls be doing?

I am still on a job hunt, sadly, had a few replies but over phone interview they rejected me.

Owell, gonna keep trying at least they called right? Haha and I stillllllllll HAVE NOT PASS MY DRIVING OMG...

I can't seem to pass LOL..help!

I've been taking everything slow now, been trying my best to cook at home, learning to cook and being a good nice housewife. I think I'm quite good at grocery pricing now haha!

Its year end now, we're scouting for cheaper health insurance, things are getting more settled. Still I am not allowed to open my own bank account yet, I was rejected by bank of america, etc, still using my joint account atm, got rejected for credit cards even though they sent me applications.

Grats Vennie, I really hope to meet you gurls someday in real! When we all settle down, we can enjoy ourselves a good cup of coffee and chill ~

Good to hear from you!

I'm not going out Black Friday! haha the way people go crazy and have no manners that day drives me crazy so I'm staying home :D

What part of the DL test is it you are having a hard time with? Do you have the DL practice book and the site to practice the written test?

Timeline

Gm guys, thank you Georgia16?

It's great to hear from you Roy&Chanel✋not sure where I will be going for black Friday but anywhere there is good deals, I will be popping up lol.

So sorry about the jobs. Some people can be horrible. Keep trying dear, nothing is achieved without trying. Not everyone as the same mindset as those who rejected you. There are some very wonderful people about?

I Avent acquired a credit card as yet either. In Jamaica we do everything with cash so I am still kinda in that mindset lol.

We do mostly cook at home as I love to cook and my husband loves to eat lol.

Had to send all the way to Jamaica for some Jamaican seasonings as I could never get the food right with all these different seasonings on the shelves lol. God bless farmers market?

Great idea. Right about now that cup of coffee sounds wonderful?

I passed my written test, its the driving part that gives me phobia. I can't seem to get used to turning on red and always keep to right (such as round about) since Singapore is always on left. Red blinking lights confused me.

Georgia16, yeap yeap ppl are crazy during black fridays but last year I went a day earlier to H&M it was quite ok. Just gonna be early birds, I'm not going to Walmart, Target, Bestbuy though, those are CRAZYYYYYYYY!!!

I bought some victoria's secrets for good 50% off online!

I'm going to get some pots and pans, bought some cheap ones from walmart and theres black particles coming off when I cooked.

Vennie, try tangler outlets? the only cons are the traffic and parking. Glad you cook at home, cos it is really a must to cook at home here. I'm not used to using coil or electric stove, yeap I've got some chinese herbs and singapore instant food from SG too, my parents brought them here when they came visit. I'm running out of them soon, but Thank God Farmers market in buford(doraville) has some of them.

I tried to apply bank of america and citibank cards since they sent me mails saying that I am qualified, but I got rejected after applying! This actually leaves bad record for 6 months on my credit score, I have 0 credit though. The only way is to supp through my husband but I went banks to check and realized that it doesn't really count as my credit score.

Weather's going insane nowadays, we have no rain for almost 36 days now! and the haze is really bad with all these forest burning!

What are the websites you use for job hunting? I'm using linkedin and indeed for now, hook me up on linkedin!

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline

Did you guys get some shopping done? :)

I needed a few groceries yesterday and was asked for ID because she didn't believe I was over 21! Had to call my husband to come in he was sitting in the car waiting as I had left my passport in the car with him! She said she though I was in High School!

I'm 32 and had my 11 year old with me LOL...

Timeline

@Roy&chanel. Haven't gotten to go to tangler but I went to Marshalls and tjmack. And my favorite Rue21 got some great deals. My feet are killing me lol but I will definitely be warm for the winter.

@Georgia16. I mostly use cash so I don't have any issues with being asked for ID and it's a good thing too because I always see to forget mine at home

@Georgia16 You must've look really young! We are of same age, that makes me feel kinda upset because I do not have a kid yet and I am still unstable in my finances. Can't even afford to get a house. That really upsets me a lot. I'm so envious of you! We really want a kid but we don't have the funds for it at the moment, I am really worried about hitting the prime for labor. I've got checked only when we buy anything alcohol related, but I showed my State ID. Have you guys gotten State ID at DMV yet? It is really useful, you just need 2 bills and SSN to get it.

I am so glad both of you did not go to malls on actual black friday. I should've listened to you! I truly regretted. I bought quite alot of stuffs the night before Black Friday, got some good 50% off deals, bought some "tools of trade" pots and pans, previously I've used Calphalon but there were black small particles coming out of the andonized pots and pans, stuck to my cooked meat, so I told my husband that I need a major change. And I just bought them in April, they were not cheap!

Bought a mattress topper to top up my current Ikea mattress, last year when I was here, we were in such a rush with last minute rental due to leasing management not wanting to lease apartment to me cos of my k1 status, had to be present, and we're on budget to get a lot of furniture, kinda regret to get Ikea mattress, its really sinking now. I've bought a really good Zwiling chef knife too, kitchen is totally out of bound now. Its my haven. I stopped my husband from entering, he messed up every time.

On the second day(actual black friday), I wanted to get clothes, so we went to Tangler outlet, IT WAS SO PACKED!!!!!!!!!! We took around 30 minutes to get a spot. I been there during no tax day but didn't expect its that crowded this time! So we went to H&M and sadly most clothes were WIPED OUT! The queue was so long, we got really disappointed, and headed to Mall of Georgia, it was WAY WORSE! I believe alot of Georgians went there for shopping, it was so crazy, food court was packed, every store was packed! We didn't get a chance to buy anything! It was chaotic and the hardest part was getting out of the carpark! Crazy drivers even go pass red lights and even block the road at intersection!! This is what I mean about phobia when I just couldn't pass my driving part! They start honking at you for no reason, sudden turning without signals, TAILGATE you like they kiss your car's back. It is crazy! I can't believe it, I just wish there was a camera to film them passing red light!

With the crazy traffic that took us almost 2 hours to return home, we are not going to ever go out on Black Friday again. But definitely on the night before and do early birds shopping at Lenox.

@Vennie, I don't bring cash. I used to be like you, bringing cash around but I started getting homeless people coming to me or some people who wanted to buy drugs standing outside walmart begging for money. I pretended that I don't speak english and walked away. And I'm trying to build my husband's credit score since I cant start till I get a job, the banks won't accept my application till date, strange that I'm getting so many letters for applications. So I've been using debit and credit and pay off bills a day right after. Its doing quite ok now, we still need more score to qualify to get a good house loan though, and of course, I need a job which I'm struggling now :( Hope you're gonna get yours too! What kinda job are you looking for? Im hoping to work in the airport. And Oh yes, my legs broke haha.. I like Loft and express, their clothes are suitable to me.

Oh Vennie have you tried Chick Fila? Its my favourite fast food, they close on Sundays but you should try it!

Have you visited Farmer's Market at 5600 Buford Hwy NE Doraville, GA 30340 yet?

Edited by Roy&Chanel

Timeline

@Roy&Chanel, my husband and myself too do not have any kids but we definitely want to in the near future. In the meantime we are currently enjoying each other companies.

I have tons of niece and nephew that I'm crazy about so they make for great practice?

I have been out the night before black Friday and honestly it was more packed then than it was on black Friday. I got a few good deals which I'm very happy about.

So far I avent encounter anyone asking for cash. I av seen a few while driving around.

I have tried Chick Fila twice before when I just got here in June. Haven't since. I'm not one for fast food. I am trying for a job in any of the mall store or in childcare. I love working with kids. They are a joy to be around. I just need something for starters so I can get my credit going.

The long term is going back to school.

Timeline

@Georgia16 You must've look really young! We are of same age, that makes me feel kinda upset because I do not have a kid yet and I am still unstable in my finances. Can't even afford to get a house. That really upsets me a lot. I'm so envious of you! We really want a kid but we don't have the funds for it at the moment, I am really worried about hitting the prime for labor. I've got checked only when we buy anything alcohol related, but I showed my State ID. Have you guys gotten State ID at DMV yet? It is really useful, you just need 2 bills and SSN to get it.

I am so glad both of you did not go to malls on actual black friday. I should've listened to you! I truly regretted. I bought quite alot of stuffs the night before Black Friday, got some good 50% off deals, bought some "tools of trade" pots and pans, previously I've used Calphalon but there were black small particles coming out of the andonized pots and pans, stuck to my cooked meat, so I told my husband that I need a major change. And I just bought them in April, they were not cheap!

Bought a mattress topper to top up my current Ikea mattress, last year when I was here, we were in such a rush with last minute rental due to leasing management not wanting to lease apartment to me cos of my k1 status, had to be present, and we're on budget to get a lot of furniture, kinda regret to get Ikea mattress, its really sinking now. I've bought a really good Zwiling chef knife too, kitchen is totally out of bound now. Its my haven. I stopped my husband from entering, he messed up every time.

On the second day(actual black friday), I wanted to get clothes, so we went to Tangler outlet, IT WAS SO PACKED!!!!!!!!!! We took around 30 minutes to get a spot. I been there during no tax day but didn't expect its that crowded this time! So we went to H&M and sadly most clothes were WIPED OUT! The queue was so long, we got really disappointed, and headed to Mall of Georgia, it was WAY WORSE! I believe alot of Georgians went there for shopping, it was so crazy, food court was packed, every store was packed! We didn't get a chance to buy anything! It was chaotic and the hardest part was getting out of the carpark! Crazy drivers even go pass red lights and even block the road at intersection!! This is what I mean about phobia when I just couldn't pass my driving part! They start honking at you for no reason, sudden turning without signals, TAILGATE you like they kiss your car's back. It is crazy! I can't believe it, I just wish there was a camera to film them passing red light!

With the crazy traffic that took us almost 2 hours to return home, we are not going to ever go out on Black Friday again. But definitely on the night before and do early birds shopping at Lenox.

Yeeah I do look young and my husband old so people often think he is my dad LOL luckily we can laugh at it.!

Do not be sad that you don't have a child. Believe me going through this immigration and also having a child that age going through it is not a walk in the park. You'll get to the point were you'll be financial stable to get a child or more :) I'm really also wanting to get a child lol but we don't have room where we live now so it diff. have to wait til we move.

I don't have a state ID. Right now I'm using the EAD as my ID and I will go to the DMV for my test here in the next two weeks so the DL will solve that problem. I usually always pays cash it was just that day I needed a few thing and just ran in while my husband waited in the car and I took the credit card with me. I have always payed cash and feels best that way :)

YES! Black Friday AND also doing Christmas time all places are crazy! Mall of Georgia we go too every 14 days since I get nails done there (and also hair every few months) so was actually out there Saturday to get my nails done and then quickly out again since I don't care for that many people because they really are rude! But I'm glad you got some stuff you wanted! My boy grows SO fast so we went to Kohl's and got him quite some stuff since he can't fit his other clothes. He is almost as tall as I am!

• 2 weeks later...

oh wow good luck! I am so nervous about driving test too. I am hoping to take it by this year lol...if thats ever going to happen...I feel like the whole year I have been doing nothing and procrastinating..I'm such a bad lazy butthead

Timeline

oh wow good luck! I am so nervous about driving test too. I am hoping to take it by this year lol...if thats ever going to happen...I feel like the whole year I have been doing nothing and procrastinating..I'm such a bad lazy butthead

You'll do perfectly fine :) Are you practicing with your husband or at a driving school? I haven been allowed to drive since July so hopefully the test Friday will go okay :-O I really want that DL so I can move around! Maybe meet you guys at the Mall some day :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.