e&z

Post NOA2- NVC Stage

777 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Called NVC and received case number today finally afterr 41 days!!! Thank you God. Still not activated into the CEAC site yet.

I hope thatangela,USMSBOW and all other sufferers in this threat who have been waiting for 2+ months receives theirs very soon, Inshahallah!!

Congratulations!!

Yeah, it will, Bruce. I plan on taking my time on the drive, stopping to take some pictures (there's an abandoned schoolhouse I need to revisit) and then we'll go to Flaming Joe's for wings, drink lots of beer and put up the Santa tree. It's our puppy's first Christmas!

That's a good thing! You enjoy it all with your hubby-to-be and soon all this will be just a bad memory. Merry Christmas!

yeah DOS..try it out 202-485-7600. I havent called yet though. They said to first press 1 then press 0 in the options category.

I just called and they refuse to give me any information. The lady advice me to call NVC.

Yeah @LA NEGRA. Same thing happened to me as well. I saw 2013's posts and lots of ppl said to contact DOS instead of NVC as DOS customer service reps are nicer but though the lady was nice but she didnt help me either she told me to call NVC. Idk why those ppl misguided us.

Thank you guys and I hope I get to congratulate you all soon as well. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah @LA NEGRA. Same thing happened to me as well. I saw 2013's posts and lots of ppl said to contact DOS instead of NVC as DOS customer service reps are nicer but though the lady was nice but she didnt help me either she told me to call NVC. Idk why those ppl misguided us.

To be fair, those folks probably didn't misguide us. Calling DOS worked for them.

Processes and responsibilities shift all the time within these government departments.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiancé called USICS today. They said my case is at NVC and NVC didn't open it yet. The tier2 is sure it's in there for months and maybe sitting in their mail room. We still have to call NVC what's going on we don't have the case number yet.

Timeline

My fiancé called USICS today. They said my case is at NVC and NVC didn't open it yet. The tier2 is sure it's in there for months and maybe sitting in their mail room. We still have to call NVC what's going on we don't have the case number yet.

Wow. That's a new story to add to the list, eh?

Timeline

So ... we were told to sit tight and if nothing showed up at NVC by Dec. 19, then call again to USCIS. However, knowing the track record they've had here with others, I'm not prepared to wait.

I just emailed the following to the Ombudsman. As soon as I hear back (if I do), I'll let y'all know.

Hello,
I am writing to you on behalf of my fiance, ******* **** ********. As the U.S. citizen, he received a notice of approval from USCIS, indicating his I-129f on my behalf (Angela ***** ******) was approved and being sent to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire.
However, it is 74 days later and NVC has yet to receive our case file. We have emailed NVC requesting assistance, we have filed service requests with USCIS and we have contacted *****'s congresswoman in Spokane, WA. We have been told our case file was sent to the National Research Center in error.
None of our efforts to locate our file appear to be working. We ask only for assistance in locating this file and having it sent to the National Visa Center, so we can be together in the new year.
Our I-129f receipt number is WAC#########.
Our biographical information is:
Angela *** ******
Born August **, **** in ******, **, Canada
Lives in ********, ***, Canada

Born May **, **** in *******, **

Lives in Spokane, WA
Please help. If you are unable to respond to me as the beneficiary, please contact ***** at *********@gmail.com or ###-###-####.

Many thanks,

Angela **********

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Wow. What a bad tier 2 person.

DOS stopped doing that. The advice was legit then.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We still need to know where our case is. I got a service request ID number: WKD###########. The tier 2 said we will hear something within 5-6 business days via the e-mail.

Anyway what does DOS work for about our case? I'm sorry I have no information about DOS. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Six and a half weeks out from NOA2 and like the ones that have been dealing with this for months, surprise but your case isn't at NVC. Having no hope or expectation of case being at NVC only lessens the disappointment a little.

My fiancé will need to wait 4 months for an interview because of the backlog at his consulate. If we could all have our approved petitions reach where it's supposed to go instead of some warehouse.

At least the stress may help in weight loss. I'm looking for any positives I can find. Since one really can't believe what USCIS tells you or emails you.

Hi,

I am in the same exact situation. We have the same approval date. NVC still doesn't have it!

Hi,

I am in the same exact situation. We have the same approval date. NVC still doesn't have it!

I had called December 8th to NVC and still the case hasn't arrived. The NVC rep I talked to between 6 and 7 am said I was the 4th person with NOA2 dates of October 22/23/24 that she talked to in that hour and none of our cases have reached NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

RFE received Dec 2nd

Notified online Dec 4th of approval (yay!!!)

Received NOA2 hard copy Dec 8th (big yay!!!)

My I-129f was approved in 42 days from your NOA1 date.

OMG the wait will kill me!

Good luck to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.