e&z

Post NOA2- NVC Stage

777 posts in this topic

Same here. Today's line was extremely busy. I had to try so many times. After what felt like an eternity waiting on the line I was able to talk to a p i e c e of Sh$t guy representative he gave me no information on top of it he hung up on me in the middle of my conversation. It made me so sad today :(((

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I spoke to another tier 1 guy at uscis today but he actually seemed genuinely empathetic and honest with me. He didn't give me the canned 90 day line and seemed to try to find info on my case for me.

He told me that they switched to a new system for their computers a few weeks ago and that it has been, in his words, a complete nightmare. He said much of the information on people's cases disappeared when being transferred over to the new system and that the information they have in the computers is incomplete and varies from case to case.

He said the computer shows my case is approved but still active and that nothing negative has been applied. But he said beyond that, the information just isn't in the system and he apologized.

He said the tier 2 representative doesn't have any access to information beyond their computer system so he said there's nothing we can do to find out more until additional information is logged into the system. He said that should happen over the next couple weeks but he doesn't know specifically.

So, I think I'm not going to bother with the uscis helpline anymore and just go directly to emailing the csc for info. Hopefully they're on a different computer system and can track it better.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I spoke to another tier 1 guy at uscis today but he actually seemed genuinely empathetic and honest with me. He didn't give me the canned 90 day line and seemed to try to find info on my case for me.

He told me that they switched to a new system for their computers a few weeks ago and that it has been, in his words, a complete nightmare. He said much of the information on people's cases disappeared when being transferred over to the new system and that the information they have in the computers is incomplete and varies from case to case.

He said the computer shows my case is approved but still active and that nothing negative has been applied. But he said beyond that, the information just isn't in the system and he apologized.

He said the tier 2 representative doesn't have any access to information beyond their computer system so he said there's nothing we can do to find out more until additional information is logged into the system. He said that should happen over the next couple weeks but he doesn't know specifically.

So, I think I'm not going to bother with the uscis helpline anymore and just go directly to emailing the csc for info. Hopefully they're on a different computer system and can track it better.

Wouldn't it be great if we could just get a straight answer?

Side note: Colville is a neat looking town. I've driven througha few times. I hope to do some shooting (with a camera) there and in Chewelah when I get settled in Spokane.

NVC received my case today from TSC, but didn't have a number to assign me yet. (7 days from TSC --> NVC)

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the embassy number? They told me to wait 42 days, but I am hoping it's nowhere near that.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

NVC received my case today from TSC, but didn't have a number to assign me yet. (7 days from TSC --> NVC)

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the embassy number? They told me to wait 42 days, but I am hoping it's nowhere near that.

Most of the ones I've seen recently from TSC have been knocked out in 3 days and less. A small few have been delayed though. . .

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Morocco

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well I'm headed to Indonesia tomorrow and will be busy for the next 3.5 weeks with my fiancee. I'm not going to be dealing with this NVC-USCIS stuff while I'm gone. Just going to forget about it. I will check here from time to time to see if any of you have success. If you do, then that might inspire me to contact NVC and see if my case has arrived. Otherwise? I'll just deal with this disaster when I get back. I need a break from this BS anyway...

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline

Well I'm headed to Indonesia tomorrow and will be busy for the next 3.5 weeks with my fiancee. I'm not going to be dealing with this NVC-USCIS stuff while I'm gone. Just going to forget about it. I will check here from time to time to see if any of you have success. If you do, then that might inspire me to contact NVC and see if my case has arrived. Otherwise? I'll just deal with this disaster when I get back. I need a break from this BS anyway...

Enjoy your trip, bud. You've handled the yeoman's share. I only hope the rest of us can get it resolved before you get back.

Merry Christmas and enjoy the time with your beloved. The goddesses willing, we'll all be with our future spouses in the States soon enough.

thatangela - Side note: Colville is a neat looking town. I've driven througha few times. I hope to do some shooting (with a camera) there and in Chewelah when I get settled in Spokane.

I am driving down there next Friday on my way to Easton, Washington to see my fiancée from Calgary. I'm looking forward to the trip!

Timeline

thatangela - Side note: Colville is a neat looking town. I've driven througha few times. I hope to do some shooting (with a camera) there and in Chewelah when I get settled in Spokane.

I am driving down there next Friday on my way to Easton, Washington to see my fiancée from Calgary. I'm looking forward to the trip!

You're going 22 to 3 to 395 to 90? Careful. That 3 can get really dicey after Cranbrook ... or even after Fernie. I'm not heading down until the 20th and I'll be there for two awesome weeks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Wow thatangela and bfulton71, amazing you guys know where Colville is! It's a small world after all... lol best of luck to both of you for a speedy reunion with your loved ones!

Usmbow, I hope you have a magical time with your fiancee and are reunited in the states very quickly!

You're going 22 to 3 to 395 to 90? Careful. That 3 can get really dicey after Cranbrook ... or even after Fernie. I'm not heading down until the 20th and I'll be there for two awesome weeks.

No in retrospect I will take 3 past Cranbrook down to highway 95 going thru Eastport , Idaho! If the weather acts up - I'll just stay in a motel until things clear up. I'm leaving on the 12th and coming back Jan 3.

Timeline

No in retrospect I will take 3 past Cranbrook down to highway 95 going thru Eastport , Idaho! If the weather acts up - I'll just stay in a motel until things clear up. I'm leaving on the 12th and coming back Jan 3.

That's a good plan. Idaho does a really good job of keeping the 95 clear.

Bandi - the funny part about thatangela and myself is that we are both from Atlantic Canada to begin with! So 11:00 am Pacific time is never too early for us to start drinking!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.