mariaalden

CR1 VISA but 2nd years anniversaries passed already!

14 posts in this topic

Can anyone get 10 year GC when you enter the states even you only have CR1 visa? We just celebrated our second year anniversaries yesterday and have a plan to enter states next month july 2014?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

It is when you ENTER the US

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/immediate-relative.html

What Is Conditional Residence?

If you have been married for less than two years when your foreign citizen spouse enters the United States on an immigrant visa, his or her permanent resident status is considered “conditional.” The immigrant visa is a conditional resident (CR) visa, not an immediate relative (IR) visa.

--Stupid

Click here for my Timeline Details

IR-1 Visa, filling from abroad (embassy: Paris, France), dates formats mm/dd/yyyy
08/19/2013 I-130 NOA1
10/05/2013 Alien# notification
02/13/2014 I-130 transferred to CSC
02/27/2014 I-130 NOA2
04/09/2014 -- NVC received + case number assigned
04/11/2014 -- Completed DS-261 online
04/14/2014 -- I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid
04/17/2014 -- DS-261 accepted
04/20/2014 -- IV bill invoiced and paid
07/08/2014 -- DS-260 completed online
07/14/2014 -- Sent I-864(AOS) Package
08/04/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
08/21/2014 -- Checklist for AOS (missing 2013 tax info and missing IV civil docs)
08/22/2014 -- IV civil docs sent
09/08/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
09/04/2014 -- AOS documents sent again !
09/11/2014 -- Checklist for civil docs (US marriage certificate wanted vs. FR one sent)
09/12/2014 -- US marriage certificate sent
09/17/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
11/28/2014 -- Case Complete
01/05/2015 -- Medical
01/06/2015 -- Interview
01/13/2015 -- Visa in Hand
04/28/2015 -- POE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

yes, just make sure to point your anniversary out to the immigration officer at the airport so they don't overlook it.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Did you guys experienced it? Are they going to give you hard time? Bec I heard some still receive conditional GC..

Im flying by myself by July 2014 and planning to comeback after 2 weeks here in Germany ( US military base). My in laws will send me the GC Once they received it from mail. IM worried if they send me conditional GC. What if we comeback by sept 2014?

When you enter make sure to have your marriage certificate ready and point out to the CBP officer, nicely, that youve been married for more than 2 years. The stamp endorsing the visa should say IR1 not CR1. Make sure it does.

The actual green card takes about a month to 3 months to arrive after POE. If it ia wrong you send it back free of charge with form I-90.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Where should I send back the GC? and what stamp should I see in my passport which say's IR1 not CR1?

No not count your chickens before they hatch.

Have you entered the USA yet?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Where should I send back the GC? and what stamp should I see in my passport which say's IR1 not CR1?

If necessary, the I-90 form and its instructions will tell you where to send the green card back, but most likely, you won't have a problem. No stamp in your passport will indicate IR1, not CR1. Only the green card will indicate IR1.

Don't bury your chickens before they are even hatched. Don't expect a problem. Just deal with it IF IF IF it happens.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I'm going to enter States this first week of July but I need to comeback after 2 weeks. My husband is currently stationed here in Germany and my little daughter needs me.Her US passport is still on process that's why I can't take her with me .

I'm just worried if my in laws gonna send through mail a 2 years GC since I will be flying back in two weeks.

I will be staying for 2 more months here until we move to States (by september 2014)....I'm just worried if I gonna be In trouble for the second entry if I get a wrong GC eventhough the 2nd anniversary passed already

No you wouldn't.

either way you wouldn't be in trouble.

You'd simply correct the mistake when you finally arrive.

BTW yes the POE stamp should say IR1 when they endorse your visa at POE. Mine says CR1. Many others have said their visa stamp has IR1 or CR1 written as the visa type on the POE stamp.

Timeline

No you wouldn't.

either way you wouldn't be in trouble.

You'd simply correct the mistake when you finally arrive.

BTW yes the POE stamp should say IR1 when they endorse your visa at POE. Mine says CR1. Many others have said their visa stamp has IR1 or CR1 written as the visa type on the POE stamp.

With a CR1 visa, I wouldn't count on anything stamped that indicates IR1 but it might.

There's no need to mail the green card. Your endorsed visa substitutes for the green card for up to a year. Maybe have the inlaws read the expiration date to you when the card comes. Then you can relax already.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

When you enter make sure to have your marriage certificate ready and point out to the CBP officer, nicely, that youve been married for more than 2 years. The stamp endorsing the visa should say IR1 not CR1. Make sure it does.

The actual green card takes about a month to 3 months to arrive after POE. If it ia wrong you send it back free of charge with form I-90.

This ^^^^

Must talk to a human at the POE, tell the human to change the designation from CR-1 to IR-1, show the marriage certificate. Then wait for the human to do it, asking human to show you the change on the screen.

Sure, it's a few extra minutes at the POE - but who cares? trade this for doing it again in 2 years - who wants that?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

This ^^^^

Must talk to a human at the POE, tell the human to change the designation from CR-1 to IR-1, show the marriage certificate. Then wait for the human to do it, asking human to show you the change on the screen.

Sure, it's a few extra minutes at the POE - but who cares? trade this for doing it again in 2 years - who wants that?

Well, the trade would be filing an I-90, not doing removal of conditions, but point otherwise well made.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.