Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2013

861 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Question about I864-EZ leaving blank or N/As... for my understanding anything that is not for me i would leave blank but since i read about getting checklists for any blank fields i want to make sure i am not leaving anything blank. so most of the questions i have are about empty fields.

14. Citizenship /Residency

i am a US citizen
i am a lawfull perminent resident. my alien registeration number is A- ___

i checked usc obviously but for A number for the second one should i write N/A? even when i check USC?

same thing for part 5. sponsor's income and employment

i entered information in section a. Empolyed as an ____

for b. retired since___ and name of former employer___ should i put N/A or leave it blank?

for number 19. federal income tax information.

i checked both option... for tax year 2010 (3rd most recent) I was listed dependent in my dad's tax return so I wrote 0.00 in total income. is that ok?

for preparer information section should i put N/A N/A in all fields? or leave it blank?

USCIS: [CR1]
02/16/2013 - I-130 Sent

02/20/2013 - NOA1

11/04/2013 - NOA2

NVC:

11/25/2013 - Received at NVC

12/13/2013 - Received Case number

12/17/2013 - DS-261 Available & completed

12/18/2013 - Received email to pay AOS Fee (login error)
12/19/2013 - AOS invoice available & paid
12/23/2013 - AOS Fee 'Payment Status' changed to 'PAID'

12/23/2013 - AOS packet Sent (delivered on 12/26/13)

12/27/2013 - AOS packet in system

12/24/2013 - Received email to pay IV fee & paid IV fee
12/27/2013 - IV processing Fee 'Payment Status' changed to 'PAID'

12/27/2013 - DS-230 Form available.
01/04/2014 - DS-230 Completed

01/11/2014 - IV packet Sent (delivered: 1/13/2014)

01/14/2014 - IV packet in System

01/22/2014 - AOS Accepted

01/23/2014 - False Checklist for IV Docs Received

02/03/2014 - NVC reviewed all docs.

02/06/2014 - Supervisor Final review

02/07/2014 - Case Complete (Call to NVC)

03/24/2014 - Interview (approved)
05/17/2014 - POE

ROC:

03/15/2016 - i751 mailed

03/18/2016 - delivered

03/XX/2016 - check cashed

03/XX/2016 - NOA1

Question about I864-EZ leaving blank or N/As... for my understanding anything that is not for me i would leave blank but since i read about getting checklists for any blank fields i want to make sure i am not leaving anything blank. so most of the questions i have are about empty fields.

i am a US citizen

i checked usc obviously but for A number for the second one should i write N/A? even when i check USC?

for b. retired since___ and name of former employer___ should i put N/A or leave it blank?

i checked both option... for tax year 2010 (3rd most recent) I was listed dependent in my dad's tax return so I wrote 0.00 in total income. is that ok?

for preparer information section should i put N/A N/A in all fields? or leave it blank?

We personally left all those blank and had no issues. But, that was 2.5 years ago. Up to you really.

And for P5Q19, yup, that sounds okay. Just make sure to include all three year's of transcripts. I'd also suggest making a note in the cover letter as well as a sheet by itself between the form and transcripts about you being a dependent on your father's tax return for 2010.

Filed: Timeline

Saylin,

i have a question for 13a.1 and 13.b.1. I have Tax Transcript from IRS and i don't remember whether i filled 1040EZ or 1040 form for my tax return.

So what amount should i write - Total Income or Adjusted Gross Income? And how to determine based on tax transcript from IRS which form i filled?

Saylin,

i have a question for 13a.1 and 13.b.1. I have Tax Transcript from IRS and i don't remember whether i filled 1040EZ or 1040 form for my tax return.

So what amount should i write - Total Income or Adjusted Gross Income? And how to determine based on tax transcript from IRS which form i filled?

It states on the transcript which form was filed. It's in one of the first sections, below name and address. The line starts with 'form number'. You need to know for certain which form was filed as the income you need to put in is completely dependent upon which form was filed.

Filed: Timeline

Saylin,

I checked the IRS transcript and " Form Number" says : (2011's tax transcript says)1040 and (2012's tax transcript says)1040A. So what should amount should i write in both case?

It states on the transcript which form was filed. It's in one of the first sections, below name and address. The line starts with 'form number'. You need to know for certain which form was filed as the income you need to put in is completely dependent upon which form was filed.

i am a US citizen

I left some fields blank and got a checklist because of that. If I remember correctly I left more than 1 field blank but received a checklist ONLY for part 3, where it asks for residing address if different than mailing address. When I called NVC the guy over the phone told me that I have to fill it out, i.e. put in my address again, but some people here only put N/A and they said they had success.

When you deal with government it's really hard to tell you what to do/follow, especially with these IV forms.

All I can tell you is that I filled out I-864EZ and in Part 3, FOLLOWED, their instructions and received a checklist, so good luck

Saylin,

I checked the IRS transcript and " Form Number" says : (2011's tax transcript says)1040 and (2012's tax transcript says)1040A. So what should amount should i write in both case?

I believe for the 1040A, it'd be the same as the 1040, so for both 2011 and 2012 you'd use total income. What form was used for 2010?

checking in.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : NBC

Consulate : South Africa

Marriage : 2012-09-05

I-130 Sent : 2013-02-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2013-02-16

Case Transfer to NYC Field Office : 2013-03-22

I-130 NOA2: 2013-10-21 (email)

NVC Received Case: 2013-10-23

NVC Case # Assigned: 2013-11-04

AOS & IV Bills Invoiced: 2013-11-07

AOS & IV Bills Appear PAID: 2013-11-13

DS-260 Submitted: 2013-11-18

Request for AOS & IV cover sheets to be emailed to me: 2013-11-29

Received NVC Email of Bar-Coded Cover Sheet: 2013-12-2

AOS & IV Package Sent: 2013-12-9

Received Checklist (false?): 2013-12-10

DS-260 Reviewed / Approved: 2013-12-10

AOS & IV Package Received: 2013-12-12

IV Package Reviewed / Approved: 2014-1-07

AOS Package Reviewed BUT checklist: 2014-1-07

Received AOS checklist: 2014-1-08

Respond to AOS checklist: 2014-1-14

Checklist Response Received by NVC: 2014-1-17

Checklist Response in System: 2014-1-23

Case Complete: 2014-2-11

Interview Date Scheduled: 2014-2-28

Received P4 Email: 2014-3-1

Interview: 2014-4-8

Case File "In Transit": 2014-3-5

Consulate Recieved Case File: 2014-3-10

Medical Appointment: 2014-3-24

Visa Approved: 2014-4-8

Visa in Hand: 2014-4-10

Removal of Conditions: Filed in March 2016.

NOA1 : 2016-04-18

Biometrics: 2016-06-06

Approval: 04/21/17

Quick update and check in. Finally heard back about AOS packet. Got a checklist. For a stupid, stupid thing. I did not check the NO on active duty military question. So it's going back in the mail tomorrow morning. It took them a full month to review the docs from the date they were sent/arrived to the date of review. 19 business days, so a little less than the promised 30 days, at least. Now, this will go back into the same process. No luck of having our interview before Christmas now.

Hope you all had lovely Thanksgiving celebrations!

APPROVED 2/13/2014! dancin5hr.gif Day before heart.gif day. rose.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Does the household member (USC) of Joint sponsor(LPR) also provide proof of citizenship? The joint sponsor has to, but no mention about household member. Any inputs?

Hi guys how long we should wait our manila case number, we got approved november 16 then our case transferred to nvc november 21 until now we dont have yet our manila case number.thank you

Daniel L. Covitz

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

we got approved on october 31,2013 until now the nvc ddnt receive our papers yet. is that normal? and my husand ddnt receieve yet the hard copy of noa2.. we are scared maybe its lost

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Sorry you had a checklist. I am waiting on interview date- and it is December now. Gotta look at it with postiive eyes- the fact that you must make this Christmas a memorable one with your family and friends where you are and take pictures, you will look back at it next year and miss it all.

Goodluck.

Quick update and check in. Finally heard back about AOS packet. Got a checklist. For a stupid, stupid thing. I did not check the NO on active duty military question. So it's going back in the mail tomorrow morning. It took them a full month to review the docs from the date they were sent/arrived to the date of review. 19 business days, so a little less than the promised 30 days, at least. Now, this will go back into the same process. No luck of having our interview before Christmas now.

Hope you all had lovely Thanksgiving celebrations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.