Texsinbad

Anyone Denied CFO Every Went to Other CFO?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

After my fiancée was denied the CFO in Manila today, she was wondering if anyone has ever been denied at one CFO and went to the other CFO and got approved?

Yesterday, Oct 16th, we were so happy because she had her Visa Interview and was approved. Today was a very sad day after going to the Manila CFO and being denied. They didn't like our age difference.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Was she asked to submit additional documents?

Unfortunately, the CFO Cebu office is temporarily closed due to the recent earthquake: http://cfo.gov.ph

After my fiancée was denied the CFO in Manila today, she was wondering if anyone has ever been denied at one CFO and went to the other CFO and got approved?

Yesterday, Oct 16th, we were so happy because she had her Visa Interview and was approved. Today was a very sad day after going to the Manila CFO and being denied. They didn't like our age difference.

If you don't mind my asking, how much the age difference between both of you? Some VJer here, he and his wife have 36 years gap. He is 56 y/o and his wife is 20 y/o. It should not be a problem, to be honest.

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

I forgot to clarify my post.

Our age difference will still be the same at the other CFO, but she would have a different counselor to who it might not matter as much. Plus, we have already lived together here in the Philippines for over a year an a half.

I am not sure why the counselor thought that she might be saving my fiancée when all she done was deny her from going to the United States.

The Cebu CFO is closed now, but hopefully it won't be closed forever.

There have been age gaps over 50 years that have gotten through the CFO. She wasn't denied because of the age gap, she was denied because she lacked the confidence to stand up for herself and the relationship with you, regardless of the age gap. They filled her heads with doubts and she went into the one on one interview with no confidence. Or she didn't grasp the subject matter they taught her well enough. Those are the reasons someone gets denied.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There have been age gaps over 50 years that have gotten through the CFO. She wasn't denied because of the age gap, she was denied because she lacked the confidence to stand up for herself and the relationship with you, regardless of the age gap. They filled her heads with doubts and she went into the one on one interview with no confidence. Or she didn't grasp the subject matter they taught her well enough. Those are the reasons someone gets denied.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I am 52 and Joan is 23. It was not an issue at CFO. Go back and try again. Tell her to be strong and confident. Go with her if you are in the Philippines but know that you will be sitting outside for the whole thing. Maybe your presence will bolster her confidence. She needs that sticker and can't let CFO bully her. Good luck.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Timeline

If she failed once at Manila, what would be the use of going back there? It seems like they would just fail her again.

Yes, my fiancée is shy and hesitant about speaking up or challenging someone, and she needs to do better. But a shy person can't suddenly become assertive.

She knew going in they were going to question the age difference and that they would be negative about our relationship. They did bully her, but you can't make a kitten into a lion.

So, I don't know what else to do.

Timeline

If she failed once at Manila, what would be the use of going back there? It seems like they would just fail her again.

Yes, my fiancée is shy and hesitant about speaking up or challenging someone, and she needs to do better. But a shy person can't suddenly become assertive.

She knew going in they were going to question the age difference and that they would be negative about our relationship. They did bully her, but you can't make a kitten into a lion.

Do some reading here on VJ, there are quite a few shy types that had to go back a few times before they got it done.

She has to present herself as self-assured, confident, look them in the eyes when speaking and smile. If she wants the sticker she will have to assert herself, even if the Cebu office was open they would "move in for the kill" with your fiancee if she acts shy. She is going to have to pump up the attitude!

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Its not uncommon for the shy ladies to have to repeat at the CFO. Could be they get an easier less confrontational one on one, or they start to learn the subject matter better and/or answer the questions better because they've been through it before. Its hard to say why they finally get through, but they do and at the same location to. Going to Cebu isn't going to change anything any more than it was is Manila. There was a time some of the different outside groups doing the seminars had worse reputations, but now the CFO is doing them directly.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

That is not fair. I just wish they will just give her a chance to submit documents or evidence since she already have her visa. I was almost denied at the CFO Manila because of the short time I've been with my fiance (4 months) then when I applied. Now husband. The counselor told me that she is worried and that there are many cases of some Filipinas had been abused abroad. I was like NO way! I just convince her that I can handle any problems. I told the counselor that I lived in Manila for 15 years alone. They will really look if the applicant is tough enough to protect herself. I hope she will get her CFO soon. Maybe let her go back again and try... Good Luck!

P.S Tell your girl not to be shy.

Strange i went to CFO with my wife and it was very easy and we have lived in the Philippines for several years.

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Timeline

Many go to CFO without issue. CFO is like a shark and the shy and meek are "blood".... so those that are not self-assured & confident during the interview get attacked.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I are 36 years apart, and zero problems at CFO in Cebu.,.,..,this lady got a "bad deal" and a bad officer.,..,.,.,YOU MUST try again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.