2,584 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

OMG ..:'( i just called to USCIS and asked the processing time for i 130 ..the lady said we have to wait for 12 months and 3 weeks before our petion is approve ,we file at 29 of april

so sad n upset

12 months and 3 weeks?

And how many hours? Customer Service is getting more and more creative with their BS, I guess :P

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Sent in I-130 12th May and still waiting for NO2. Can anyone give a link show May filers yet approved?

Its really a journey of uncertainty

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=2&visa=3&scenter=4&option=1&sortby=2

4533828f9f.png

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, no one can ever tear them apart.

USCIS: NVC:

6/21/2013 -Married in Stockholm, Sweden 4/16/2014- Case received at NVC

9/6/2013 -Priority Date 5/13 /2014- Case number and IIN assigned

2/25/2014 -Transferred to NSC 5/20/2014- DS-261 completed

3/31/2014 -Approved 5/21/2014- AOS fee invoiced and paid

5/22/2014- AOS package overnighted to NVC

5/28/2014- AOS scanned into the system

6/20/2014- IV invoice email (but fee still locked on CEAC )

6/23/2014- IV fee finally unlocked and paid.

IV package overnighted to NVC

6/30/2014- IV scanned in. DS260 completed.

7/1/2014- AOS accepted

7/2/2014- False checklist (AOS reviewed)

8/1/2014 False checklist (attorney's G28 reviewed)

8/2/2014 False checklist (NVC not sure why it was generated)

I am the beneficiary. 8/12/2014 CASE COMPLETE!

8/26/2014 Medical

9/2/2014 Interview... APPROVED!!!

9/5/2014 Visa in hand

Removal Of Conditions:

10/29- Package sent to VSC

11/1 - NOA1

11/17- Received biometrics appointment letter

11/30- Biometrics appointment

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

12 months and 3 weeks?

And how many hours? Customer Service is getting more and more creative with their BS, I guess tongue.png

Exactly, this is ridiculous. This couldn't ever be a correct answer given their history. Lol

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well we just did an email today to obama at white house and explaind how we are in toruble ..hope he ll do somthing better for us ..just pray :)

Interview Date is november 18, 2014 :dancing: :goofy: :idea:

:wow:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

yes i did ..but she said they r still working on octuber 2012

Well, obviously shows how informed she was.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So, USCIS' website case tracking ever showed NOA-2 approval? Did you ever receive regular hard copy in mail? IF yes, can you reply with dates? Also, the number you called was to NVC (603-334-0700), not the USCIS - right? And congrats by the way!!

Just an update:

I read so many horror stories of issues during the transition from USCIS to NVC after the approval, that I was ready yet for another long wait. So I decided to go away on 10/10 and not check anything until I return 10/24. I didn't receive a letter so I was sure NVC didn't receive our case. I called this morning at 8:30 am and a nice lady answered the phone. I gave her all the information she requested and asked if they have received our case yet. She said yes and provided the new case#, invoice# and the benefit ID#. She said the letter was mailed on 10/11, the day after I left the country.. hehehehe. She also said it was ok for me to proceed with the online process ASAP. Great news, so I request that she re-send the email to me. I was so exited I went online to make the first payment for the Affidavit of Support" and I received an error something about the case is in the process of termination......bla bla bla. I called the NVC back and 20 minutes later another lady answered. She said because they resend the mail/email, the system will not be available until Tuesday for payment. So not only did I waste 13 days but just added another 4 days to the process.

Edited by waitin4her

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

So, USCIS' website case tracking ever showed NOA-2 approval? Did you ever receive regular hard copy in mail? IF yes, can you reply with dates? Also, the number you called was to NVC (603-334-0700), not the USCIS - right? And congrats by the way!!

The USCIS did indicate the NOA2 and I also received the letter from them( see my signature). However, never received the letter from NVC. Yes, the number I called for NVC was 603-334-0700. Thanks and good luck to all.

K1 - Filed March 2011

- Denied March 13, 2012

- Placed in AP March 14,2012

- Sent back to USCIS November 2012

- Expired March 2013

WASTED A YEAR FIGHTING THE DENIEL

MARRIED MARCH 15, 2013

1-130 Approved 3/3/2014 :-)

Finally made it home 3/18/2014

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

5/9/13 Mailed the Form I-130 package

5/14/13 Received email notification that my Form I-130 packaged was accepted

Received hard copy of Form I-797C a few days later after the email notification

I am still waiting on NOA2.......................................

I have called USCIS customer service a few times. The response was different each time I call. I have spoken to tier2 a few times. Each of the tier2's response about the Form I-130 processing time frame was different. One of them even told me that they are waiting to make a decision on my case and should expect a response five months from the date I filed the petition. I have been to an info pass appointment. With a funny smile, told me to come back if I did not hear anything from USCIS within three to six months. I went to my Senator's office to see if any help can be rendered and off the bat was told that it is taking USCIS twelve months to process Form I-130. I still completed the release form just in case if she decides to help when she does not have much much to do. I was told that an inquiry will be sent to USCIS to see if my case is at the right place. I am thinking of going to another Senator's office for help.

The Form I-797C said my Form I-130 package is at Overland Park, KS. Per info pass appointment and one of tier2 I spoke to, my case is at Lee Summit, Missouri. Where exactly is my Form I-130 package? I prepared the Form I-130 package myself.

I have been on this forum and read about the slow down of Form I-130 process. Why is it taking USCIS so long to to process Form I-130? I don't know what it is and not here to tell USCIS how to do there job. USCIS was doing so well prior to this slow down and all off a sudden went backwards. A family member petitioned for another family member and it took USCIS less than five months to approve it even with RFE.

I included Form 864, letter of employment, W-2 statements and tax returns with my Form 1-130 package? Do you think it will slow my case down? I spoke to my wife briefly before meeting her for the first time in December of 2012. A family friend introduced us. I knew she was the one and asked her to marry me. She said yes after two days. I went back home in March of 2013 for the traditional wedding. I speak to my wife everyday and can't wait for her to be with me.

I wish all Form I-130 filers good luck and speedy approvals.

Why is it taking USCIS so long to to process Form I-130? I don't know what it is and not here to tell USCIS how to do there job. USCIS was doing so well prior to this slow down and all off a sudden went backwards. A family member petitioned for another family member and it took USCIS less than five months to approve it even with RFE.

Yes, no one knows why it's taking so long and it's extremely upsetting why all of a sudden they all but stopped processing the I-130s. It's sad how family members petition and get here faster than U.S. Citizens petitioning for their spouses.

Married in Edinburgh, Scotland: 07-06-2013

I-130 Package Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 09-04-2013

NOA1 from the National Benefits Center: 09-05-2013

I-130 Package Transferred to California Service Center: 02-25-2014

NOA2: 03-05-2014

NVC Received: 03-17-2014

Case # and IIN Assigned: 04-18-2014

DS-261 Generated and Completed: 04-26-2014

AOS Fee Invoiced and Paid: 04-29-2014

IV Fee Invoiced and Paid: 05-01-2014

AOS Fee Shows as Paid: 05-01-2014

IV Fee Shows as Paid: 05-05-2014

AOS and IV Packages Sent via UPS: 05-08-2014

AOS and IV Packages Received: 05-12-2014

AOS and IV Packages Input Into System: 05-14-2014

DS-260 Completed: 05-16-2014

Case Complete: 06-11-2014

Medical Exam: 07-08-2014

Interview in Warsaw, Poland: 08-28-2014 @ 8:30AM - APPROVED!

Visa Package Received: 09-01-2014

POE at Chicago O'Hare International Airport: 09-23-2014

I-751 Package Received: 07-11-2016

NOA1: 07-16-2016

I-751 Biometrics Apointment: 08-01-2016

ROC Approval (during citizenship interview): 12-20-2017

10-Year Green Card Received: N/A due to approved N-400

N-400 Filed Online: 08-28-2017

N-400 NOA1 Date: 08-29-2017

N-400 Biometrics Appointment: 09-22-2017

Status Changed to Interview Scheduled: 09-22-2017

Status Change to Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed: 11-15-2017

N-400 Interview: 12-20-2017 - APPROVED!

Oath of Allegiance Scheduled: 12-29-2017

Oath of Allegiance: 01-18-2018 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Does anybody have any idea how long it will take to receive the NOA2?

USC filed for spouse that reside in Italy

USCIS

Marriage: 01/08/2013

I-130 NOA1:05/14/2013

I-130 NOA2: ??/??/2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Today, after speaking multiple times to a very angry, unpleasant service rep, and asking to get transferred to a Tier 2 Immigration Officer very kindly and being yelled at for no reason... (God, what a a most horrible this lady was... Never had such a rude person in my life talk to me in such a way, really made me angry)... I got the nicest Tier 2 rep on the phone, as always. They are a lot more compassionate, and understanding it seems, and they actually do seem like they care... A woman with a Russian accent, tried to tell me what she has been seeing lately, and was talking to me like an actual human being, and had quite a long conversation with her. She said how USCIS is handling things is absolutely disgusting. And she repeatedly gets calls on the NBC issue all day long. And how the processing times actually make her sick how they keep pressing them back, because she also, thinks its not fair that husbands and wives should be separated like this. She said, at the moment, its a 12 month wait but more like 11... But she has been seeing much of the processes going through quickly in the past 2 weeks. She also said that they are just posting the dates as such so the dates don't actually land outside processing times. They are trying to save their butts it seems. She said that more then just the spouses were filing, so it's just a matter of sifting through the logs now, and sending them where they need to be. When I told her I was mind boggled at how quickly the K-1 visas were getting approved, she was in agreement, and told me she didn't think it was fair, BUT as of now, their processing times are starting to line up with the CR-1/IR-1 petitions. She said, once they get to an app, send it to an office, it takes roughly 3 months. Then NVC gets their hands on it, another 3 months to process, and then another 45 days to get an interview... But she said, don't be surprised if things start to pick up rather quickly here soon. Even though my PD is May, she said I should see a result around late December, early January. She also said, it takes FOREVER for e-mails, and texts to get sent out, and to call periodically to check in on it, and ask for a tier 2 rep, no matter how badly customer service rep acts, or is mad... She said only thing they do, is read the computer screen of stuff which is readily available online to us anyways, and usually get interrupted all day, and have the attitude as a result. She said this, kind of made me chuckle. Cause, it's so true. This lady was awesome.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.