VanessaTony

N-400 April 2013 Filers

1,340 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

BTW, my interview is at 7.15am! Who knew they started work so early?

Thankfully, the USCIS office is 10 minutes from where I work and I start work at 7am anyway, but I can imagine it would be quite a shock for some people.

Wow! that's early!! mine's not until 10am (07/18/13) thankfully 'cause we have a 3 hour drive ahead of us! Actually talking about renting a car for the drive 'cause we don't have a/c in our trucks (and our expedition needs tyres and is a total gas guzzler). woot!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Interviews this week:

WELSHDAN 06/18/2013 (today!!!!)
CLAUDIAARROYO49 06/19/2013
HARRY123 06/20/2013
WIZARDFITZ 06/20/2013

Next week:
No interviews mad.gif

ROC:
07/2010....Attorney mailed I-751 divorce waiver
07/21/10...USCIS recvd I-751
07/21/10...NOA1
08/20/10...Bio completed
09/16/10...Recvd RFE, due 10/31
10/26/10...Mailed RFE
10/27/10...RFE delivered to VSC
04/26/11...Interview
05/11/11...APPROVED!!
05/18/11...Card production ordered
05/23/11...Received green card

N400:
04/29/13.. Eligible to file N400
04/26/13...Mailed N400..Dallas, TX
04/28/13...USPS delivered package (Priority mail)
04/29/13...NOA Priority date
05/02/13...Check cashed
05/10/13...Rcvd bio notice
05/30/13...Bio Appt
05/17/13...Walk in bio successful
06/28/13...Placed in line for interview scheduling
08/06/13...Recvd email interview has been scheduled
08/10/13...Recvd Interview letter
09/12/13...N400 Interview
09/12/13...Decision cannot be made
10/21/14...Biometrics (second time)
01/05/15...In line for oath scheduling

01/21/15...Oath Ceremony

01/21/15...Applied Passport

02/05/15..Received Passport

Journey Over!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Best wish!

Interviews this week:

WELSHDAN 06/18/2013 (today!!!!)

CLAUDIAARROYO49 06/19/2013

HARRY123 06/20/2013

WIZARDFITZ 06/20/2013

Next week:

No interviews mad.gif

Timeline

Recommended for approval! YAY!

Congratulations! Did you write a review? I love reading them :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Congratulations! Did you write a review? I love reading them biggrin.png

VanessaTony,

here is mine. I had and easy 2 hour drive to Greer, SC and got to the office 30 minutes too early, but it was hot to sit in the car, so i walked in. there were 2 other people waiting, a nice lady took my papers and told me to wait, i was just way too early and she couldn't sign me in until 15 minutes before the scheduled interview. I set and read the study guide. Not 5 minutes went by when she called me up, gave back my paper (just one piece of paper that shows your appointment time), and told me to wait for an IO. he was out 2 minutes to get me. he was very impersanable and cold. He asked if i had my passports and GC with me, wo which i said yes, but he didn't even look at them. Asked me to sign name change forms and another form. then he gave the test, he asked me to read "Where does the President live?" (he actually read it out loud himself first. LOL. then i had to write "The President lives in a White House". he asked me civics test questions (6) which i easily passed, asked me if i was ever involved in illegal activities, to which i replied No. He got the red stamp out and stamped "APROVED" on my file. Said (exact words): "We are done here, your Oath Letter will come in the mail, the exit is to the right." That's it!!! i asked him if knew when the next ceremony is going to be, he said he didn't, i should just wait for my letter, and off out of the door i went. the whole thing didn't last 10 minutes.

IrinaSC

getting nervous now, 1 more day before my interview, wish me luck and prayers and good thoughts appreciated......will keep you guys posted... thank you

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I wish people in other months would add the eligible date column. Its a key variable that explains the differing pace of progress for applications with similar NOA dates

Timeline

getting nervous now, 1 more day before my interview, wish me luck and prayers and good thoughts appreciated......will keep you guys posted... thank you

Good luck! Please come back and give us a review of the interview.

ROC:
07/21/10...NOA1
08/20/10...Bio completed
10/26/10...Mailed RFE
04/26/11...Interview
05/11/11...APPROVED!!

N400:
05/02/13...Check cashed
05/30/13...Bio Appt

01/21/15...Oath Ceremony

Journey Over!!

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

Ok so here is my review.

We arrived at around 9.30am for my 10am interview in Jacksonville Fl, about 75% humidity and its approx 90F so it only takes a few minutes in slacks and a shirt to start sweating.

Security was a bit of a pain but they are doing their job, just strange that in New Orleans (where I have gone 3 times now) are so laid back you could take food, talk on cell phones etc but this was the opposite.

This building is admittance by appointment only and a security guard opens the door and decides if you can come in or not.

While we were outside waiting to come in he let us know about the rules so I had to make a trip back to the car...

Trip #1 back to the car I had to take all of our snacks, drinks, makeup, tic tac,

At this point we were allowed into the building, we put our bags down for examination and at this point I had to make trip #2 back to the car.

Trip #2 Baby formula, you can only take 1 pre mixed bottle of baby milk in with you, ADT house security key fob

I then had to wait back in line outside the building for 15mins to come back inside while my daughter was screaming because she has a slight anxiety when I leave her and my wife had no cookies to give to her to comfort her.....

Again just doing their job but a bit frustrating.

So we took our seats at about 9.50am and I got called back at about 10.05am.

I asked IO if he wanted the entire family back there, he said no (my wife is thinking geez so I could have saved myself the hassle of the 800mile round trip!!)

I swore to tell the truth then he asked to see my Green Card, Drivers License, Passport and Selective Service registration.

We then went through the N400 app which was all fine, I let him know that I messed up the section 8 but he said he already figured that one out, he said people often get that part mixed up.

IO asked me if I had ever been part of a Communist group, ever arrested or if I had ever registered to vote.

We then went onto the test, 6 out of 6 :)

Who is the father of the country? George Washington

Name a war fought by USA in the 1900s - WWII

How many representatvies are there - 435

How many years do they serve - 6

What month do we vote for a new president - November

Who is the chief justice? - John Roberts

We then went on to the English test and I joked with the IO, I hope I'm good at this one, he seemed to enjoy the joke.

I had to write - Who is the father of our country?

I had to read - George Washington is the father of our country.

At that point he said congratulations and that was it he recommended me for approval and to wait for a letter regarding the oath, the interview lasted all of 10 minutes, it took longer for us to get through security!

Complete Anti-Climax, I answered nothing other than what I had already answered on the N-400 app.

I was expecting to at least discuss why I want to become a citizen and maybe go over some of my supporting documents but no, but that's fine I am relieved that I will never have to prove my love for my wife ever again, I've done it twice now, proved it to her father and now to the US DHS!

All in all very easy, don't fret, just prepare to be quizzed on everything and anything and rejoice when they just skip over everything :) :) :)

Timeline

Ok so here is my review.

We arrived at around 9.30am for my 10am interview in Jacksonville Fl, about 75% humidity and its approx 90F so it only takes a few minutes in slacks and a shirt to start sweating.

Security was a bit of a pain but they are doing their job, just strange that in New Orleans (where I have gone 3 times now) are so laid back you could take food, talk on cell phones etc but this was the opposite.

This building is admittance by appointment only and a security guard opens the door and decides if you can come in or not.

While we were outside waiting to come in he let us know about the rules so I had to make a trip back to the car...

Trip #1 back to the car I had to take all of our snacks, drinks, makeup, tic tac,

At this point we were allowed into the building, we put our bags down for examination and at this point I had to make trip #2 back to the car.

Trip #2 Baby formula, you can only take 1 pre mixed bottle of baby milk in with you, ADT house security key fob

I then had to wait back in line outside the building for 15mins to come back inside while my daughter was screaming because she has a slight anxiety when I leave her and my wife had no cookies to give to her to comfort her.....

Again just doing their job but a bit frustrating.

So we took our seats at about 9.50am and I got called back at about 10.05am.

I asked IO if he wanted the entire family back there, he said no (my wife is thinking geez so I could have saved myself the hassle of the 800mile round trip!!)

I swore to tell the truth then he asked to see my Green Card, Drivers License, Passport and Selective Service registration.

We then went through the N400 app which was all fine, I let him know that I messed up the section 8 but he said he already figured that one out, he said people often get that part mixed up.

IO asked me if I had ever been part of a Communist group, ever arrested or if I had ever registered to vote.

We then went onto the test, 6 out of 6 :)

Who is the father of the country? George Washington

Name a war fought by USA in the 1900s - WWII

How many representatvies are there - 435

How many years do they serve - 6

What month do we vote for a new president - November

Who is the chief justice? - John Roberts

We then went on to the English test and I joked with the IO, I hope I'm good at this one, he seemed to enjoy the joke.

I had to write - Who is the father of our country?

I had to read - George Washington is the father of our country.

At that point he said congratulations and that was it he recommended me for approval and to wait for a letter regarding the oath, the interview lasted all of 10 minutes, it took longer for us to get through security!

Complete Anti-Climax, I answered nothing other than what I had already answered on the N-400 app.

I was expecting to at least discuss why I want to become a citizen and maybe go over some of my supporting documents but no, but that's fine I am relieved that I will never have to prove my love for my wife ever again, I've done it twice now, proved it to her father and now to the US DHS!

All in all very easy, don't fret, just prepare to be quizzed on everything and anything and rejoice when they just skip over everything :) :) :)

Congratulations!! Looks like the drive and security was more of a hassle than the interview itself. Did you by any chance ask/know where your oath will be?

Again, congrats & thanks for the review!!

ROC:
07/21/10...NOA1
08/20/10...Bio completed
10/26/10...Mailed RFE
04/26/11...Interview
05/11/11...APPROVED!!

N400:
05/02/13...Check cashed
05/30/13...Bio Appt

01/21/15...Oath Ceremony

Journey Over!!

Timeline

here is mine. I had and easy 2 hour drive to Greer, SC and got to the office 30 minutes too early, but it was hot to sit in the car, so i walked in. there were 2 other people waiting, a nice lady took my papers and told me to wait, i was just way too early and she couldn't sign me in until 15 minutes before the scheduled interview. I set and read the study guide. Not 5 minutes went by when she called me up, gave back my paper (just one piece of paper that shows your appointment time), and told me to wait for an IO. he was out 2 minutes to get me. he was very impersanable and cold. He asked if i had my passports and GC with me, wo which i said yes, but he didn't even look at them. Asked me to sign name change forms and another form. then he gave the test, he asked me to read "Where does the President live?" (he actually read it out loud himself first. LOL. then i had to write "The President lives in a White House". he asked me civics test questions (6) which i easily passed, asked me if i was ever involved in illegal activities, to which i replied No. He got the red stamp out and stamped "APROVED" on my file. Said (exact words): "We are done here, your Oath Letter will come in the mail, the exit is to the right." That's it!!! i asked him if knew when the next ceremony is going to be, he said he didn't, i should just wait for my letter, and off out of the door i went. the whole thing didn't last 10 minutes.

Excellent! thanks for sharing :) it seems to be the norm that they don't ask for evidence of relationship even though it's on that list... but if you don't take it bet you'd be asked about it!!

Congratulations on your approval :)

All in all very easy, don't fret, just prepare to be quizzed on everything and anything and rejoice when they just skip over everything smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

Congratulations!

I wish people in other months would add the eligible date column. Its a key variable that explains the differing pace of progress for applications with similar NOA dates

Completely agree! It's definitely helped me feel less "behind the ball" when other people are getting stuff before me but filed after me.

Filed: Country: Wales
Timeline

Congratulations!! Looks like the drive and security was more of a hassle than the interview itself. Did you by any chance ask/know where your oath will be?

Again, congrats & thanks for the review!!

IO said it will be in Pensacola, but didn't ask on a timeframe, if I did ask he probably wouldn't have known because there are 350 miles between Jax and Pensacola.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.