felimida

Translate Documents into English

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello,

I looked at the I-130 General instructions. one of the requirement that all foreign documents must accompanied by a full English translation.

I have a marriage certificate in Japanese. I need to translate into English.

Members, please suggest a reliable, affordable, certified translator.

Thanks,

Felimida

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I have used ASTA-USA Translation Services, Inc. many times. They are exceptional, well-priced and have great turnaround time. You will receive a certificate stating that it was a certified translation as well. Here is the website address:

www.asta-usa.com. I have dealt with Nate. His email is: nate@asta-usa.com

Good luck!

Patience is the key to paradise

event.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hello,

I looked at the I-130 General instructions. one of the requirement that all foreign documents must accompanied by a full English translation.

I have a marriage certificate in Japanese. I need to translate into English.

Members, please suggest a reliable, affordable, certified translator.

Thanks,

Felimida

Save yourself some money and grief by doing the translation yourself - you can do it, your spouse can do it, or a friend. The translation does not need to be done by a professional.

All you need is someone to do the translation and make a certified statement that he/she is competent to do the translation.

Here is the required translation certification; http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextoid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

Please submit certified translations for all foreign language documents. The translator must certify that s/he is competent to translate and that the translation is accurate.

The certification format should include the certifier's name, signature, address, and date of certification. A suggested format is:

Certification by Translator

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I use the language shop for all of my translations.

http://www.thelanguageshop.org

Our Visa Journey

12-10-2011: Married

01-03-2012: I-130 Mailed

01-09-2012: NOA1

05-16-2012: NOA2

06-04-2012: NVC Received

11-27-2012: NVC Case Complete

01-23-2013: Interview in Bogota (pending medical results)

02-13-2013: Visa Approved

03-20-2013: POE - Miami

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

At NVC stage, when you require to submit original doc, then you would require to get translated by certified professional translator only. Better to get it now, so you can use for I-130 and IV application.

They strongly mentioned that during NVC process, you really need to submit translated doc by professional only. Better to hire certified translator rather than have a chance to get RFE.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I married my ex in Japan and this is what we used from the US Embassy in Tokyo website:

http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/acs/tacs-7114a.html

Translating Your Marriage Certificate

While proof of your marriage in Japan is shown by the Japanese-language marriage certificate you get at the ward or city office, many times (such as when applying for an immigrant visa, or a social security card for your spouse in his/her married name) an English language document is handy.

What most couples choose to do is to translate their Japanese-language marriage certificate using our fill-in-the-blanks forms. You or your spouse may do the translation; there is no need to hire a professional.

If you chose the large marriage certificate, use this form (PDF 13KB) to translate it.

If you chose the smaller-sized marriage certificate, use this form (PDF 16 kb) to translate it.

You don't need a professional translator and as you see above, the embassy in tokyo provides a free, fill in the blanks, translation form.

Our Journey

Met: 02/25/2010

Married: 08/12/2010

I-130 sent: 02/11/2011

NOA1: 02/14/2011

Request for expedite: 02/24/2011

NOA2-I-130 APPROVED!: 03/16/2011

Interview date: 7/7/2011

Visa in Hand!!!! 09/21/2011

POE JFK 09/24/2011

w2sb096jc.png

8zWqm5.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

At NVC stage, when you require to submit original doc, then you would require to get translated by certified professional translator only. Better to get it now, so you can use for I-130 and IV application.

They strongly mentioned that during NVC process, you really need to submit translated doc by professional only. Better to hire certified translator rather than have a chance to get RFE.

Not true at all.

As long as it is "certified" by someone it will pass NVC.

Mine were approved within 48 hours of being delivered. I submitted 2 translations with the IV application and 4 with the AOS. All were certified by my wife.

Not true at all.

As long as it is "certified" by someone it will pass NVC.

Mine were approved within 48 hours of being delivered. I submitted 2 translations with the IV application and 4 with the AOS. All were certified by my wife.

100% agreed.

I did all of our translations myself, even those that don't fit into the templates the embassy puts up on their website.

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

I know I can do the translations myself....but does anyone know If I need to write out the certification for EVERY document, or can I mention them all as documentS in one certification? (ALL the evidence of my husband and I is in spanish, it would kill a lot of trees to print out that little certification so many times).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I know I can do the translations myself....but does anyone know If I need to write out the certification for EVERY document, or can I mention them all as documentS in one certification? (ALL the evidence of my husband and I is in spanish, it would kill a lot of trees to print out that little certification so many times).

Each civil document that is translated will require a separate attestation statement. Relationship evidence (e.g. emails, chat logs, etc.) are not required to be translated at all.

If i translate my documents myself, do i need to send the original (dutch) with it?

For USCIS, you will send a photocopy of the original Dutch document along with the translation.

For the NVC, the original Dutch document, a photocopy of the document, and the translations are submitted.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

question for those who did their own translations....how did you handle stamps, barcodes, signatures, and other non alphanumeric items in your documents? (for example, the notary´s stamp, or the country´s seal on the marriage cert).

• 2 months later...
Timeline

for those reading this later on....i simply formatted my word doc as close as possible to the original, and for the non-alphanumeric items i simply did this [Republic of Chile´s coat of arms] for example

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.