54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My Fiancé had his Interview today... He was asked all the basic questions and they told him that they cannot approve him at this time because you do not have enough evidence.

Ok so the evidence I had provided was about 35 photos in an album all dated with a caption, 10 letters each, 4 chat logs, detailed Wedding Plans, My passport with the stamps of all the times I went to Jamaica, Valentine’s day cards, Birthday cards, Anniversary cards etc. I had no phone logs because I am on my parent’s phone bill and I figured that would not be counted anyway.

They told him that the case would be sent back to USA and when it gets here they will contact me and I will then contact him. They gave him no pink, blue, green, purple or any color slip, they only gave him back his passport and kept everything else.

I guess I would like to know what do I do from here just wait to be contacted or try to get more answers from the embassy?

:(

(L) God is on my side!!!

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Well, from what I have seen on here, the phone records are an important form of evidence. Showing that you have communication every day/month is worth more than the few emails you submitted. That's my two cents...but I could be wrong :)

11/17/10-Mailed I-129F via FedEx!!!

11/18/10-Received this morning and signed! (on our way)

11/25/10-Received Email this morning that they have received Application and sent to VSC!

11/26/10-"Touched"

11/28/10-"Touched"

11/29/10-"Touched"

12/01/10-"Touched"

12/01/10-Received NOA1 Hardcopy

12/02/10-"Touched"

04/19/11-NOA2 APPROVED

04/25/11-NVC Received

04/28/09-Left NVC

05/01/11-Consulate Received

08/15/11-Interview!!

Interview Result- AP :o(

10/10/2011-AP FINISHED..Visa READY Thank you Jesus!!

10/24/11-Visa in HAND!!!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

From the time you filed the petition until the interview, how many visits in between? Even if the phone is in the name of your parents I'd say it would've been worth a shot to include phone record, and then a statement from your parents, esp when you have your address there. It establishes ongoing communication. If this is something that holds you back, maybe you can ask to have it transferred to your name, or atleast add your name to it for future references. It shows a fluency in communication better than mails, and it's more personal(to most).

Am sorry! I hope USCIS will contact you soon with more info. In the mean time, look for more evidence, or visit/support each other. It's not over yet. Always good to use the time to gather whatever you can.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

My Fiancé had his Interview today... He was asked all the basic questions and they told him that they cannot approve him at this time because you do not have enough evidence.

Ok so the evidence I had provided was about 35 photos in an album all dated with a caption, 10 letters each, 4 chat logs, detailed Wedding Plans, My passport with the stamps of all the times I went to Jamaica, Valentine’s day cards, Birthday cards, Anniversary cards etc.

I had no phone logs because I am on my parent’s phone bill and I figured that would not be counted anyway.
They told him that the case would be sent back to USA and when it gets here they will contact me and I will then contact him. They gave him no pink, blue, green, purple or any color slip, they only gave him back his passport and kept everything else.

I guess I would like to know what do I do from here just wait to be contacted or try to get more answers from the embassy?

:(

(L) God is on my side!!!

The embassy would have blue slip you for the phone logs, they are not sending/denial back for just that. Please have a detail talk with your finance regarding what was told and asked of him.

This is not the normal process for the Jamaican embassy to deny for phone logs. They would have given him a chance to produce them.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

They send petitions back to USCIS in the states to have the actual petition reviewed for possible revocation! That means they don't believe the relationship is real...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would not wait for the case to get to the US - I would have a long talk with your fiance and get every detail of the interview - Also get on the phone with your senator and congressman, and have them put in inquiries - Additionally, email the embassy yourself for information - They would not deny outright for that, they would ask for additional info and blue slip.

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I have been in that kind of problem. They will send the petition back to the USCIS here in US. The USCIS will hold your petition upto its expiration date and will send you a letter stating that your petition is expired and USCIS will not review it. And also they will give a chance to apply another one. Give sometime and fix all the problems and send another one with the waiver letter. Take it easy , you will have another cance to apply IF the USCIS let your petition to expire. Or otherwise you can get the chance to appeal the outcome of the Embassy.

K-1 Time Line

Service Center:_California Service Center

Consulate: _Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F Sent: _2011-03-20

I-129F NOA1:_ 2011-03-30

I-129F NOA2:_2011-06-18

NVC Received: _2011-07-19

NVC Left:_2011-07-20

Consulate Received:_2011-07-25

Packet 3 Received: _2011-07-28

Packet 3 Sent: _2011-07-29

Packet 4 Received:_ 2011-08-09

Interview Date: _ 2011-08-24

Interview Result:_ Approved(After 3 weeks AP)

Visa Received:_2011-09-21

US Entry:_@ JFK 2011-11-16

Marriage: _2011-12-20

AOS, EAD, AP

Date Filed: _2012-02-07

NOA Date: _2012-02-13

Bio. Appt. Notice recieved_2012-02-17

Bio. Appt.:2012-03-12@ 8:00 AM in Columbus OH

Bio Done:2012-03-05 WALK IN- Columbus OH

State ID: 2012-03-05

DL Permit: 2012-03-08

AOS Transfer: 2012-03-14

AOS Touched @ USCIS: 2012-03-21

EAD/AP Approved & Card Producton: 2012-04-03

EAD/AP on Hand:2012-04-11

AOS_RFE: 2012-09-28

RFE Sent: 2012-11-09

Timeline

I just got off the phone with DOS and they stated that the case was not denied but was refused. They asked me if my fiancé was told to bring them more information. I informed them that they didn't give him any information and all they said was that they would send the petition back to the U.S.

I spoke to 3 different people (I kept loosing signal). All three were confused about that as well. One lady said that if I called back in three days they will have more information about the case. Another lady said that they are probably just reviewing the case because it doesn’t say that they are sending it back.

Should I email the embassy and ask them what should be my next step?

I just got off the phone with DOS and they stated that the case was not denied but was refused. They asked me if my fiancé was told to bring them more information. I informed them that they didn't give him any information and all they said was that they would send the petition back to the U.S.

I spoke to 3 different people (I kept loosing signal). All three were confused about that as well. One lady said that if I called back in three days they will have more information about the case. Another lady said that they are probably just reviewing the case because it doesnt say that they are sending it back.

Should I email the embassy and ask them what should be my next step?

Please ask him what was written on the slip of paper that was given to him. If they are requesting additional information it would have been written on a paper. Now did he leave the window without picking up the paper that would be another concern.

Yes, email them and ask what additional information they are requesting. Use the Kingston email.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

The email to use is Kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Put 2nd request in the Topic

Don't forget to include your case number, your name and the Beneficary name, along with DOB's.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

They never gave him a paper all they gave him back was his passport. I have asked him a million times today what they gave him I even told him to go back and get it. But he assured me they gave him nothing but his passport.

The email to use is Kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Put 2nd request in the Topic

Don't forget to include your case number, your name and the Beneficary name, along with DOB's.

Ok I will do that now thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hi...i'm so sorry that u have to be going thru this i know how heart aching and confusing these setbacks can be.

we applied for k1 in august and on december 30 they sent us a notice "accepting" the withdrawal of our file.according to them my fiance sent in a letter with this request.this was the first we were knowing of this.we wrote them letters saying he did not write such a letter,that it must be an error on their part,that if they do have such a letter it was fraudulent and that we do love each other and have every intention of getting married.we put in a service request and had his senator call.they said they will review it and get back to us.all this too place in january 2011.we are yet to have any form of response from them.we got mariied in april and filed for cr1 with a lawyer this time.

just wanted to share our story and let u know u r not alone.i hope u r one of the lucky ones who gets some attention from them and have this sorted out soon.

btw did they explain the difference between denied and refused??

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

denied means there is a no reason to approve. There is no evidence of a real realtionship. Please do not take the following as mean, but DID YOU verify your fiancee had everything needed for the embassy interview? There are many things only YOU can provide for the embassy interview. Just getting approval at USCIS does not mean you are done as the petitioner.

Refused is jsut as stated above, documentation is incomplete. Something is missing. If this is at the embassy. This is documentation at the embassy level, not at the USCIS level. Photos? Forms? Clearances? birth certificate? Back account statments? pay stubs? letter from empluyer? Tax statements for last 2 years? Sounds like there were documents missing which your fiancee should have had when walking into the embassy, and since your fiancee did not have them, the y refused the visa. It was forms YOU were probably supposed to provide between the approval at USCIS and the embassy interview. Just because you are approved at the USCIS DOES NOT MEAN you are done. There are more forms, more information, more things to be provided at athe embassy level. So far I see no mention of you making sure your fiancee was provided with all necessary information. I hope you find out what it is and get it resolved quickly.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

@ WaitingtoExhale sorry to hear you had to go through so much devastation. Hope all goes well with your case this time around. It’s very hard and everything that a case can go through mine has, I had a RFE. I was put in AP at NVC, I can say that it is a better journey with God on my side although I have cried numerous times I am still happy that I have a wonderful fiancé and a god fearing family.

They said a denied means that the case is closed and it will no longer be reviewed. A refusal means that they will keep the case there for additional processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.