54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

denied means there is a no reason to approve. There is no evidence of a real realtionship. Please do not take the following as mean, but DID YOU verify your fiancee had everything needed for the embassy interview? There are many things only YOU can provide for the embassy interview. Just getting approval at USCIS does not mean you are done as the petitioner.

Refused is jsut as stated above, documentation is incomplete. Something is missing. If this is at the embassy. This is documentation at the embassy level, not at the USCIS level. Photos? Forms? Clearances? birth certificate? Back account statments? pay stubs? letter from empluyer? Tax statements for last 2 years? Sounds like there were documents missing which your fiancee should have had when walking into the embassy, and since your fiancee did not have them, the y refused the visa. It was forms YOU were probably supposed to provide between the approval at USCIS and the embassy interview. Just because you are approved at the USCIS DOES NOT MEAN you are done. There are more forms, more information, more things to be provided at athe embassy level. So far I see no mention of you making sure your fiancee was provided with all necessary information. I hope you find out what it is and get it resolved quickly.

I provided more than enough information to my fiancé. I sent him 4 months of bank statements from me and my co-sponsor, 3 years or taxes from both me and my co-sponsor, I sent 35 photos with not only he and I but friends and family, I sent my birth certificate and my passport as well as my co-sponsors, I sent them a letter from my employer stating that I was just employed on the 1st of June 2011, I sent a letter from me co-sponsors employer, I have never been married so I didn't need clearances. Like I stated before the only thing I did not send was the phone logs.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

hi...i'm so sorry that u have to be going thru this i know how heart aching and confusing these setbacks can be.

we applied for k1 in august and on december 30 they sent us a notice "accepting" the withdrawal of our file.according to them my fiance sent in a letter with this request.this was the first we were knowing of this.we wrote them letters saying he did not write such a letter,that it must be an error on their part,that if they do have such a letter it was fraudulent and that we do love each other and have every intention of getting married.we put in a service request and had his senator call.they said they will review it and get back to us.all this too place in january 2011.we are yet to have any form of response from them.we got mariied in april and filed for cr1 with a lawyer this time.

just wanted to share our story and let u know u r not alone.i hope u r one of the lucky ones who gets some attention from them and have this sorted out soon.

btw did they explain the difference between denied and refused??

I remember reading a post about a similar case where someone related to either the beneficiary or the petitioner wrote a letter to the consulate and caused all kinds of problems with their petition. Not sure what happened in the end, but is it possible something similar happened in your case?

For the OP, did you also include the I-134 and was it an original or a scanned copy? What about an Evolution of Relation letter and letters of intent to marry? Is it possible someone related to you or the beneficiary contacted the consulate in order to cause this problem for you? It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a dissaproving family memeber (or even ex) on one side or the other threw a wrench in to the works.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I provided more than enough information to my fiancé. I sent him 4 months of bank statements from me and my co-sponsor, 3 years or taxes from both me and my co-sponsor, I sent 35 photos with not only he and I but friends and family, I sent my birth certificate and my passport as well as my co-sponsors, I sent them a letter from my employer stating that I was just employed on the 1st of June 2011, I sent a letter from me co-sponsors employer, I have never been married so I didn't need clearances. Like I stated before the only thing I did not send was the phone logs.

The same happened to my husband who had his interview on June 7, 2011. He had a large file of information, pictures, western union, money gram, phone records, letters, afadavits of our relationship,my w2's for the past 3 years, marraige certificate, my pay stubs, airline tickets and itineraries. We have been together 7 years and married for 1 1/2 years. He answered all of the questions correctly and they still handed his passport back took his file of paperwork and said that they were sending it back to the USCIS for further review. They never gave him anymore information. No blue slip. I have since emailed and called the embassy in Kingston. Had my congressman contact them and also the DOS and USCIS. According to the congressman they are questioning the validity of our relationship.They all say we will have to wait until the case is back in the USCIS. The only redflag we have is an age difference. They shouldn't deny because of the age as I have know others to get their visa with an age difference. I don't know what other proof of our relationship they could want. I sent everything.

Looks like this is only happening in Jamaica. Anyways, i hope the resolve it quickly. Just stay patient.

K1 Process

06/13/2011 - I-129F packet sent

06/14/2011 - Packet delivered, signed by JArthur

06/16/2011 - Check cashed

06/17/2011 - Email and text NOA1

06/18/2011 - Touched

06/20/2011 - NOA1 hard copy received, dated 6/16

09/13/2011 - NOA2 approved, 88 days, text and email received

09/16/2011 - NOA2 hard copy received

10/31/2011 - Interview (Approved)

11/11/2011 - POE (Charlotte)

11/27/2011 - Wedding

AOS, EAD & AP

12/16/2011 - Packet sent

12/19/2011 - Package delivered and signed by J.C

12/22/2011 - 3 emails and text notifications

12/23/2011 - Check cashed

12/27/2011 - NOA1 hard copies received

12/30/2011 - Biometrics letter received, appt date set for Jan 23rd

01/17/2012 - Case transferred to CSC (notified by text and email)

01/20/2012 - Hard copy of transfer received

01/23/2012 - Biometrics done

02/21/2012 - EAD and AP approved

02/28/2012 - EAD and AP received on same card

03/15/2012 - Green card approved, in production

03/20/2012 - Green card in hands

Timeline

I remember reading a post about a similar case where someone related to either the beneficiary or the petitioner wrote a letter to the consulate and caused all kinds of problems with their petition. Not sure what happened in the end, but is it possible something similar happened in your case?

For the OP, did you also include the I-134 and was it an original or a scanned copy? What about an Evolution of Relation letter and letters of intent to marry? Is it possible someone related to you or the beneficiary contacted the consulate in order to cause this problem for you? It certainly wouldn't be the first time that a dissaproving family memeber (or even ex) on one side or the other threw a wrench in to the works.

I sent my fiance the original I-134 and for my sponsor I sent an original 1-864.

Timeline

The same happened to my husband who had his interview on June 7, 2011. He had a large file of information, pictures, western union, money gram, phone records, letters, afadavits of our relationship,my w2's for the past 3 years, marraige certificate, my pay stubs, airline tickets and itineraries. We have been together 7 years and married for 1 1/2 years. He answered all of the questions correctly and they still handed his passport back took his file of paperwork and said that they were sending it back to the USCIS for further review. They never gave him anymore information. No blue slip. I have since emailed and called the embassy in Kingston. Had my congressman contact them and also the DOS and USCIS. According to the congressman they are questioning the validity of our relationship.They all say we will have to wait until the case is back in the USCIS. The only redflag we have is an age difference. They shouldn't deny because of the age as I have know others to get their visa with an age difference. I don't know what other proof of our relationship they could want. I sent everything.

I emailed them today in hopes to get a response soon I will contact my congressman if they don't get in contact with me in a reasonable amount of time. I have known my fiance for 9 years and we have been together for 7 we are only 2 years apart so age shouldn't be a factor in our case. so I guess now I will wait and leave it in Gods hands. I don't like being in limbo.....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

maybe it is just because Jamaica is so close to the US, and the petitioner is not there for the interview. It may be age, it may be religion, or it may be cultures. It could be just further background checks on family or relatives of the beneficiary verifying no other family members are involved in illegal activities. Did your Fiance show proper respect? Had the fiance been drinking or smoking out the embassy beforehand or recently before the embassy interview? Were the clothes clean? Was there a smell of smoke on the clothes or the fiance? Just tossing out thoughts of something which might have given them reason. The phone logs would not really make a difference. Maybe but that would have been requested for more evidence at the USCIS. Since they approved without the logs, then it is highly doubtful the embassy needed them. Now if you did submit them to the USCIS and NOT to your fiance, then there would be a problem of incomplete evidence.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I emailed them today in hopes to get a response soon I will contact my congressman if they don't get in contact with me in a reasonable amount of time. I have known my fiance for 9 years and we have been together for 7 we are only 2 years apart so age shouldn't be a factor in our case. so I guess now I will wait and leave it in Gods hands. I don't like being in limbo.....

Didn't you say you'll were in AP at the NVC stage, then that would give Kingston reason to pause and do further investigation, locally.

Yes, there could be some concern as to why/how you would be able to support your finance if you just started a job last month, have you been in school, were your finance able to explain the finance situation? There are so many variables that could be going on here, you need to talk to your finance and get a complete account of what happen from the moment he step foot in front of the embassy until they told him he was deferred.

Please note, there are cameras all around the embassy, out front and inside and you are being watch from the moment you step in front of the embassy on the side-walk. Since you didn't go with him it is hard to get a clear picture of the events for the day. TALK TO HIM

Timeline

Didn't you say you'll were in AP at the NVC stage, then that would give Kingston reason to pause and do further investigation, locally.

Yes, there could be some concern as to why/how you would be able to support your finance if you just started a job last month, have you been in school, were your finance able to explain the finance situation? There are so many variables that could be going on here, you need to talk to your finance and get a complete account of what happen from the moment he step foot in front of the embassy until they told him he was deferred.

Please note, there are cameras all around the embassy, out front and inside and you are being watch from the moment you step in front of the embassy on the side-walk. Since you didn't go with him it is hard to get a clear picture of the events for the day. TALK TO HIM

I have a co-sponsor and I was in school before that is why I was unemployed. My fiancé does not drink or smoke I bought him a new outfit to wear on his interview so he was dressed appropriate. Yes I was in AP at NVC for a week. The only thing that I can think of that he told me that could have been used is against him but I doubt is that when he arrived at the embassy he was the 1st one there and the guard that looks over the papers asked to see his and told him that he needed to make another copy of his DS156, he returned with that and was back at 7:30am his appointment was at 8am.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We added phone, Skype, emails and cards etc. I used an attorney for K1(I think they all over charge and use any excuse to bill extra). We did not use an attorney for AOS. We have not had a problem so far with our AOS, EAD approved waiting for card. good advice on forms from VJ. Followed forms sent by a friend similar to VJ documentation needed. My finance did her interview in English I think it helped. She was the only one to pass (k1)in 4 hours, as she could tell.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm just curious. Are u going thru an attorney? From my experience they can really make a total mess of things. Also if you both are adding anything new to support your case, then they will need to review the new material. The job you just started probably should have been left out unless you are depending on this with the combined income of the other sponsor. A question to ask at that time would be can you leave the passport with them. These delays are usually about money for support, either they don't understand and need to ask someone or they need to verify something.

Keep calling the embassy and keep emailing them until you get a clear answer because you at least deserve a clear answer. Eventually they'll want you off their backs and they'll look it up and talk to you.

Never give up.

Oct. 2009 - Met on Facebook(I found her through a friend)

July 2010 - Married

Oct. 2010 - Filed I-130 with USCIS

Nov. 2010 - Official permission to reside in Indonesia (KITAS)

Jan. 2011 - Medical Exam and Vaccinations completed

Jan. 2011 - Cancelled I-130

Jan. 2011 - Filed DCF (Direct Consular Filing)

Jan. 2011 - I-130 Approved

Jan. 2011 - Rec. (packet 3)instructions

Jan. 2011 - Gathering Documents

Feb. 2011 - Emailed Embassy

Feb. 2011 - Interview Date Sent

APPROVED!!

POE Atlanta

Took 32 days from the filing of the petition to getting visa

Timeline

I'm just curious. Are u going thru an attorney? From my experience they can really make a total mess of things. Also if you both are adding anything new to support your case, then they will need to review the new material. The job you just started probably should have been left out unless you are depending on this with the combined income of the other sponsor. A question to ask at that time would be can you leave the passport with them. These delays are usually about money for support, either they don't understand and need to ask someone or they need to verify something.

Keep calling the embassy and keep emailing them until you get a clear answer because you at least deserve a clear answer. Eventually they'll want you off their backs and they'll look it up and talk to you.

Never give up.

No we don't have an attorney I did everything on my own. In the beginning without VJ which sucked because if I would have know about VJ before I probably wouldn't have got a RFE. I emailed the embassy and asked them if they wanted me to send a letter of employment and they told me that I should send it. I wont stop emailing them I have been emailing them from the beginning so they should know my email address by heart by now. :D

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Now if you did submit them to the USCIS and NOT to your fiance, then there would be a problem of incomplete evidence.

This sentence makes no sense. Anything submitted to USCIS along with the petition becomes part of the file that ultimately goes to the Embassy or Consulate.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

My Fiance keeps telling me that we should do an appeal but from what I read online the visa has to be denied to do an appeal.

What I can't understand is why didn't they give him a slip telling him what the problem was and why did they keep everything even his birth certificate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.