Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ahh we should have an Izmir meet and greet! We are just a little sad because we won't be able to see each other before he goes to work again. The upside is that I can travel with him and I will have so editing to do anyway. Ohhh wow, 17 months at least you're here now. Even though we are sad, my concern is that he has his visa and makes his POE in time (which he assures me he will) since he won't be able to POE until around Dec.

Tolsab, I had the best karades guvec in Izmir. It was a little cafe across the street from the harbor. Simply amazing.

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Ahh we should have an Izmir meet and greet! We are just a little sad because we won't be able to see each other before he goes to work again. The upside is that I can travel with him and I will have so editing to do anyway. Ohhh wow, 17 months at least you're here now. Even though we are sad, my concern is that he has his visa and makes his POE in time (which he assures me he will) since he won't be able to POE until around Dec.

Tolsab, I had the best karades guvec in Izmir. It was a little cafe across the street from the harbor. Simply amazing.

Yes we should have an izmir meet and greet actually we need and ameriturks meet.

Yes finally i m with my wife after big patient times.

then he might be in usa around christmax...thats good too

I think u had the best karides guvec around ''kordon'' the place is called kordon

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thanks K! Yes we have a ton of evidence and will be bringing more so I hope we only have a 3 min interview. We are looking at flights for the 20th so Im hoping he will be here by then. Oh, I know of Rockford. :thumbs: We really want him here asap so we can celebrate our anniversary. It will be this Sunday and his interview is 4 days later. I'm getting so excited!

July 20th is Delidana date too!!! Thats awesome! Then Tuana and Kemal on the 21st! that will be a awesome 2 days! Hope we will hear about our date!! So ready!

WHat area in Izmir is your husband from!? Bahadir is in Karsiyaka! Bahadir and I plan on living in Izmir once my daughter goes to college so 6/7 years from now. Its what we want the most! Getting a house here in Florida and then in next 2 years getting a house in Izmir! We love it there!

How many pages of evidence are you taking?? Bahadir has about 200 pages of everything. He is very through....Might be alittle more then we need...What do you think???

Timeline

Yes we should have an izmir meet and greet actually we need and ameriturks meet.

Yes finally i m with my wife after big patient times.

then he might be in usa around christmax...thats good too

I think u had the best karides guvec around ''kordon'' the place is called kordon

YES I AGREE ON THE IZMIR MEET AND GREET....Delidana is from there too!

Timeline

Hi BahaChe,

I can guess what you would like to do... :dance: and i m sure it will be awasome :thumbs:

By the way u guys can call me KRj as bahache :P

I hope we will hear another happy news like interview dates or aprroved of NOA2

:D ok RDj! Maybe not what you think:) but something creative!

I agree GOOD NEWS SOON FOR TURK KAHVESI!!

Timeline

Hey Michelle! Bulut isn't bringing much because we sent in about 50-100 pages. At the time we had evidence from 2008-2010 and knew it would be a lot so we just sent in the most pertinent info. Bulut is bringing evidence that I traveled with him for 7 months out of last year in addition to some extra info but we won't be bringing much of anything new. They have everything so we can't think of any thing else that would really add to the evidence presented other than the ship's register and a few other things. The embassy called Bulut today and the woman said she didn't know anything about him being rescheduled so we are worried now. He will call again tomorrow but neither one of us likes uncertanity.

Bulut is from Selcuk and I really like it there too, but I'm a city person so I really love love love Izmir (the city).

KDJ do you have a really good karides guvec recipe? I tried to make it once but it was bad. I should have known better because they instructions said that I needed to cut up the garlic but all of the karides guved (the good ones at least) had the garlic whole.

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

oh if anyone wants to know, Bulut's medical was between 220 and 250, he doesn't remember how much it actually cost. I know he will be here around Christmas because his medical expires around Jan. and we don't/aren't going to chance it. Fortunately I will be traveling with him in Oct. or Nov. so we won't be apart that long.

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

July 20th is Delidana date too!!! Thats awesome! Then Tuana and Kemal on the 21st! that will be a awesome 2 days! Hope we will hear about our date!! So ready!

WHat area in Izmir is your husband from!? Bahadir is in Karsiyaka! Bahadir and I plan on living in Izmir once my daughter goes to college so 6/7 years from now. Its what we want the most! Getting a house here in Florida and then in next 2 years getting a house in Izmir! We love it there!

How many pages of evidence are you taking?? Bahadir has about 200 pages of everything. He is very through....Might be alittle more then we need...What do you think???

BahaChe,

wow thats an awesome idea for future.

Meet in izmir ? ohh no maybe we can think of it when we are all in usa and come together how about it? but of course you guys can meet in izmir :)

I think ,

Brettydressure July 20

Delidana July 20

Tuanandkemal July 21

Goodluck at the inrerview guys

By the way BahaChe its good to bring alots of evidence just in case if they are asking.But i think you guys already sent some of them so he needs to be prepared about questions about you and ur family etc. but Im sure he will be fine..

Edited by KdRjN

ROC

Timeline

Hey Michelle! Bulut isn't bringing much because we sent in about 50-100 pages. At the time we had evidence from 2008-2010 and knew it would be a lot so we just sent in the most pertinent info. Bulut is bringing evidence that I traveled with him for 7 months out of last year in addition to some extra info but we won't be bringing much of anything new. They have everything so we can't think of any thing else that would really add to the evidence presented other than the ship's register and a few other things. The embassy called Bulut today and the woman said she didn't know anything about him being rescheduled so we are worried now. He will call again tomorrow but neither one of us likes uncertanity.

Bulut is from Selcuk and I really like it there too, but I'm a city person so I really love love love Izmir (the city).

KDJ do you have a really good karides guvec recipe? I tried to make it once but it was bad. I should have known better because they instructions said that I needed to cut up the garlic but all of the karides guved (the good ones at least) had the garlic whole.

B,

I already knew Bulut is from selcuk bec of the background of the pic in ur profil me and my wife stayed there for 3 days in Akay otel we went to ephesus our money moon was in the capadoccia Urgup you guys have to see it is an awesome amazing place.

i paid 350 TL for the medical exam in istanbul american hospital

i hope it will help :))

Ingredients

•4 pepperones, finely chopped

•2 medium tomatoes or 1 tablespoon tomato paste or canned tomato

•1 bay leave, paprika, salt

•1 glass water (250ml)

•150 gr. Mozzarella or Kasar cheese

•1 tablespoon of vinegar

•Olive oil

•1 kg. Shrimps

•1 can of mashrooms, drained

•50 gr. Butter

•1-2 cloves garlic, crushed

Directions

Wash and drain well the shrimps. Boil them for 5 minutes in water, vinegar ans salt.

Once are cold, break the shell off.

Heat the olive oil and add crushed garlic and chopped pepperone. Sauté for a few minutes.

Add chopped tomatoes, shrimps, mushrooms and butter. Cook for 10 minutes.

Place shrimps in an ovenproof dish with bay leave and paprika.

Pour grated cheese on top of it. Bake until the cheese gets a golden colour for 10 minutes.

Serve hot.

ROC

Timeline

http://yelda.remgo.com/shrimp-casserole-karides-guvec/

here is a web site u can check uhhmm looks yummm :dance:

Bu the point is you need to have this special pan

Edited by KdRjN

ROC

Timeline

BahaChe,

wow thats an awesome idea for future.

Meet in izmir ? ohh no maybe we can think of it when we are all in usa and come together how about it? but of course you guys can meet in izmir :)

I think ,

Brettydressure July 20

Delidana July 20

Tuanandkemal July 21

Goodluck at the inrerview guys

By the way BahaChe its good to bring alots of evidence just in case if they are asking.But i think you guys already sent some of them so he needs to be prepared about questions about you and ur family etc. but Im sure he will be fine..

Well I would meet here in USA.....Florida would be a good location! Some beach time or At one of the parks!!!! :) Yes he wants to make sure we have enough..I told him we speak 1 1/2 to 3 hours a night....i believe they will see we are for real!:) he works everyday 12 hours and he makes sure we have our time.

Yes We talk about family all the time so i am confident in him ....we are planning me coming for interview. Stressful no matter how confident you are!

http://yelda.remgo.com/shrimp-casserole-karides-guvec/

here is a web site u can check uhhmm looks yummm :dance:

Bu the point is you need to have this special pan

OMG I LOVE this dish!!!! thank you for the recipe!

oh if anyone wants to know, Bulut's medical was between 220 and 250, he doesn't remember how much it actually cost. I know he will be here around Christmas because his medical expires around Jan. and we don't/aren't going to chance it. Fortunately I will be traveling with him in Oct. or Nov. so we won't be apart that long.

I was wondering if Bulut took his medical records with him to the medical ? To show the vaccinations he already had??

Filed: Timeline

Mmmmm yes I've had this dish. Even made an attempt at it here when I got back. I might need a Turk to taste it...lol It's one of the recipes in the English Turkish Cookbook Tolga bought me. I might have to start walking to work when he gets here, or I'm gonna be a "healthy" woman. hahaha

Timeline

Well I would meet here in USA.....Florida would be a good location! Some beach time or At one of the parks!!!! :) Yes he wants to make sure we have enough..I told him we speak 1 1/2 to 3 hours a night....i believe they will see we are for real!:) he works everyday 12 hours and he makes sure we have our time.

Yes We talk about family all the time so i am confident in him ....we are planning me coming for interview. Stressful no matter how confident you are!

OMG I LOVE this dish!!!! thank you for the recipe!

I was wondering if Bulut took his medical records with him to the medical ? To show the vaccinations he already had??

You are welcome Michele,

If you had vaccinations before going to medical exam you can bring the papers of vaccinations that you had before...you can show it to the doctors so you wont be alble to have the same vaccination.

ROC

Timeline

You are welcome Michele,

If you had vaccinations before going to medical exam you can bring the papers of vaccinations that you had before...you can show it to the doctors so you wont be alble to have the same vaccination.

Yes good! Bahadir has gotten some of the vaccinations missing already...he is all good for the vaccination needs..so close..so excited!!!

Timeline

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrtUTalOwQY

I just love Gokhan Tepe....and this song. GREAT ACOUSTICS!

Where's everyone been anyhows? I have been searching for flights over to TK. It's really hard to hear K say, "Lutfen... very fast you comin' Turkey... I'm wait you Istanbul. You say you comin' tomorrow Mariye, I'm leaving Adana tonight to see you there..." :crying:

Sweet Dreams everyone,

Mari

PS: I didn't get a chance to read all the post above but I will be back!

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.