Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Came back to let my buddies here know about the amazing deal from IAD-IST from THY. They have a special going on where it is $599 round trip (not incl taxes I think) from the previous cities. The promotion will be going on for a while. Right now the it is about 920 to fly from ATL-IST with THY.

In ATL you will be on UA then route through ORD and then be put on THY metal out of Chicago. The ORD flight doesn't have Comfort Class though. :(

Also, do we have any interviews coming up?

OH Ashley!!! Thank you for that, I'll check that out ASAP. Hopefully, I can get a flight from SFO to LAX and then to IST. I'll have to check with Melbar about his LAX to IST flights.

hi mari yenge i saw the picture it is realy good right now i want to eat that.anyway soon i am on my way to adana..did you buy your ticket ? tickets are cheap now $1000 and some of them are less...check expedia 3 weeks ago it was $1500 right now $1000 and dolar is expensive in turkey right now.good for me..anyway thank you so much so you and kadir in adana......

Thanks Melbar for the tips on flight prices. Did you come through on THY, or did you use another airlines? Please advise.

Mariye Yenge

PS: Baris, you still didn't tell me how we are suppose to get in touch with you in Adana!

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Check www.cheaptickets.com i can tell is the best price on this web site

Ohh so Jealous you gusy going to turkey and having kebab yummmyyy!!

eat more for me as well and enjoy everybite

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

I'll eat Adana Kebaps but not Lahmacun. I ate so much of that last trip (in every city too) ... I hate it now, really. You know I love Ayran with kebaps but if it doesn't have ICE or it's close to frozen when I drink it, I can't drink it at all. bleh.

WHY DOESN'T TURKEY HAVE ICE? I noticed when they do give you any, it's ONE or TWO pieces! How incredibly stingy... lol.

I'm more interested in patlican kebaps, Orturtma, pide hot from the bakery, lokum off a street vender, and a few nars and incirs off the tress in the garden! If I get some ice ... it would be heaven sent.

lol

Timeline

Hi I just submit the papers for my husband. My husband is from Istanbul(ORDU) and I live in NY. I have been in Istabul this year 2 times. I am planing to go back in october. I love istabul and their culture. I am very happy I found this forum.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Timeline

Hi I just submit the papers for my husband. My husband is from Istanbul(ORDU) and I live in NY. I have been in Istabul this year 2 times. I am planing to go back in october. I love istabul and their culture. I am very happy I found this forum.

Hey Evelyn & Husband! Welcome to the Turk Kahvesi Thread!!! Good to see another AmeriTurk join in.

I'm Mari, "Mariye Yenge" (some call me lol), and my Nisanim is from Adana... I call him "K" for Kadir. I'm planning on going back in Sept and super excited to see him!

Hope to see your posts,

Mariye Yenge

Timeline

Hos Geldin Evelyn, I'm Ashley!

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Welcome to AmeriTurk family!!!

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

congratulations_blue_rainbow.gif

I bet you're just one happy man now! This is great news KD! Hello to your wife (does she know you know how to dance like a chicken?? )

LOL LOL

Mari & Kadir

Kiz Mari ben burdayim :lol:

So I hope now I will visi this forum often:))))))))

Hi to all Turkish-American couples :D

Timeline

Great to see you Selvi!

Melbar: See ya in Adana!

KD: don't be a little bit jealous ... just make yourself a Turkish picnic for you and wife!

Where is Sabrina been? Gurllllfriend where are youuuuuuuu?

love to you all,

Mari

Filed: Timeline

Hey there Mari! I'm hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ;)

Counting down the days to my trip to Izmir & Antalya. YAY! 5 weeks away! kicking.gif We booked super cheap flights and an inexpensive boutique hotel in Antalya. Since he FINALLY will not be working for once when I visit. WHOO HOO!

I want REAL Turkish food....and time with my family. Since it has been a while, and will most likely be a long time until I can see them again after this trip. I've missed staying with Tolga in his home. Tired of looking at it through a webcam. BOOOOO!

As for my visa journey, we're on day 98. So many are being approved before their timeline estimates lately. Perhaps we will be one of the lucky ones. If not, this is what we signed up for right? RIGHT! LDR's are SO much fun right Mari girl? hahahaha

Hope you're doing well...as well as all my other Ameri-Turk family. BIG HUGS!!!

~ Sabrina

Great to see you Selvi!

Melbar: See ya in Adana!

KD: don't be a little bit jealous ... just make yourself a Turkish picnic for you and wife!

Where is Sabrina been? Gurllllfriend where are youuuuuuuu?

love to you all,

Mari

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I'll eat Adana Kebaps but not Lahmacun. I ate so much of that last trip (in every city too) ... I hate it now, really. You know I love Ayran with kebaps but if it doesn't have ICE or it's close to frozen when I drink it, I can't drink it at all. bleh.

WHY DOESN'T TURKEY HAVE ICE? I noticed when they do give you any, it's ONE or TWO pieces! How incredibly stingy... lol.

I'm more interested in patlican kebaps, Orturtma, pide hot from the bakery, lokum off a street vender, and a few nars and incirs off the tress in the garden! If I get some ice ... it would be heaven sent.

lol

Oh the Ice Strike....I am a Ice fanatic....and Bahadir would try his hardest to get a full glass of ice for me...His cute self started taking the bottoms of the soda bottles and making 4 big ice cubes Filling them up so we had 4 at a time....I felt like a smoker jonsing for a cigarette!! Mari Have you seen the plastic bubble wrap looking things with water in them you can freeze? His family in Istanbul found me those!! Of coarse now bahadir and his family have a refrigerator that makes ice! lol

The food I miss was when we were in Akcay it was the pitas that tasted more like our pizzas. but the taste was amazing. And the french fries with the hot peppers and yogurt....omg i am getting hungry!!!

Mari are you in Adana now??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Came back to let my buddies here know about the amazing deal from IAD-IST from THY. They have a special going on where it is $599 round trip (not incl taxes I think) from the previous cities. The promotion will be going on for a while. Right now the it is about 920 to fly from ATL-IST with THY.

In ATL you will be on UA then route through ORD and then be put on THY metal out of Chicago. The ORD flight doesn't have Comfort Class though. :(

Also, do we have any interviews coming up?

Hey Ashley! Yes we have our interview in 62 days!!!!! October 27th...We tried to get them to move the date....but that was a no go! We are lucky because the embassy is already booking december interviews....with all the holidays coming up in turkey its making it difficult to get a interview in a close range....At least he will be here before thanksgiving...we set our wedding on November 19th ...HOPE IT GOES SMOOTHLY!

How has life been lately for you!!!???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.