Tanya Jl12

Pregnant with another guy's baby

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Guys!!!!!

Heed help!!!!! My first interview was just fine, no problems at all. Got temporary Green Card. Life is great for next 2 years.

But.....now I'm pregnant and my husband is not the father of future baby. I don't want to put his name in baby's birth certificate as well. If anybody had the same problem pls give me an advice what to do. How the immigration gonna look on all this situation? Does it increase the chance to fail next interview?

Thanx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi Guys!!!!!

Heed help!!!!! My first interview was just fine, no problems at all. Got temporary Green Card. Life is great for next 2 years.

But.....now I'm pregnant and my husband is not the father of future baby. I don't want to put his name in baby's birth certificate as well. If anybody had the same problem pls give me an advice what to do. How the immigration gonna look on all this situation? Does it increase the chance to fail next interview?

Thanx

It's pretty easy to figure out, were you with your husband when you got pregnant with this baby, or that's before you met him ?

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

yeah, that's the thing that I'm in the middle of the marriage and getting pregnant with somebody else((((((((((((((((((((((

that might be a problem and might pull the question of did you enter the marriage in good faith ?

Find a job you love to do, and you will never work another day in your life.

us-eg.gif

Filed: Country:
Timeline
yeah, that's the thing that I'm in the middle of the marriage and getting pregnant with somebody else((((((((((((((((((((((

Shouldn't the bigger question be what does your husband think about this?

If you're not putting his name on the Birth Certificate does that mean you guys a splitting-up?

If that's the case then for him to support your ROC is fraudlent. You should get divorced and file without him, using the Divorce waiver.

oopsi

anyway is anybody have any suggestions. i really wanna keep my baby((((((((((((

What does your husband say about this situation? Are you staying together, is he accepting the baby?

Normally people who have children in their marriage send the birth certificate as proof of relationship - not sure if it helps them or not.

You have to list all children you have on I-751 form - if you still haven't given birth by the time you fill out the form, you don't list an unborn child.

In very few Removal of Conditions cases couple is called for an interview.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

We are not going to split up so far

You said you dont "want" to put his name on the birth certificate. I would think that thats not even an option if he's not the baby's biological father. That certainly would be fraudulant.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

What does your husband say about this situation? Are you staying together, is he accepting the baby?

Normally people who have children in their marriage send the birth certificate as proof of relationship - not sure if it helps them or not.

You have to list all children you have on I-751 form - if you still haven't given birth by the time you fill out the form, you don't list an unborn child.

In very few Removal of Conditions cases couple is called for an interview.

If you are serious about your situation, you should probably obtain an attorney that specializes in immigration. Your case is much different than most people that are going to remove conditions. You have a higher chance of a denial than other people that do not have complicated family matters.

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

You said you dont "want" to put his name on the birth certificate. I would think that thats not even an option if he's not the baby's biological father. That certainly would be fraudulant.

In some states it is required. In Utah the husband and the father of the child both sign the birth certificate. Sometimes men will sign the birth certificates even when they know they are not the father. I believe the term is putative father. The laws are going to vary from state to state.

Edited by Jewel-8

Our VisaJourney started July 2009 when I mailed the 129-F

Fiance here February 2010, married 10 days later

GC received in the mail 10-Jun-2010

Able to apply to remove conditions 12-Feb-2012

BABY GIRL BORN JULY 2011!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.