sarah and hicham

Does your MENA SO have children?

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

My SO and I only have the kids we had together. But I have friends - the husband is israeli wife is american. He obtained citizenship through his brothers who lived in the US with a successful business. He married an american and has two kids from his prior marriage, tween or teenage girls not sure exactly how old. He has two small kids with his new wife He goes about once every two months for 5 days to a week to visit his daughters in israel. I think it sucks, but I guess it is doable they all seem happy. i actually have another friend they are both israeli but USCs somehow, his 16 yr old daughter from prev marriage lives in israel, he visits often they seem ok, daughter seems happy she comes here often as well...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he did not have kids and I have a son from my previous marriage. The main reason I'm not in Jordan right now is because I wouldn't leave my son behind. When I met my husband, I had absolutely nothing so I could have moved there without thinking twice but my son can't leave the country due to a life threatening illness and since I wouldn't leave him behind...........hubsters been here 2 years on the 10th of this month. Our 3 year wedding anniversary is tomorrow.

(F) amal (F)

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Do the kids come to ths US?

Do you feel guilty that he is leaving his kids to come to the US?

Would you be able to leave your children to live in the ME/NA?

No, Hayz doesnt have any kids. I dont think I could ask him to leave his kids if he did have any. I know he would be able to visit them, but thats still not the same.

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 07/05/06 - Met Hayz online by accident

~ 03/30/08 - Packet sent to VSC

~ 04/22/08 - NOA1 issued - Yeah they took it this time

~ 05/22/08 - Touch

~ 07/25/08 - Touch (showed about 1pm on the USCIS site)

~ 07/25/08 - NOA2 sent (must have been later in the day - noticed it on 7/26)

~ 09/10/08 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED ! ! ! !

~ 09/12/08 - VISA RECEIVED

~ 10/17/08 - Arrival in the USA (JFK POE)

~ 10/31/08 - MARRIED! ! !

¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨

~ 03/26/09 - Sent AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131)

~ 03/27/09 - AOS packet signed for by V BUSTAMANTE

~ 04/02/09 - NOA for AOS/ EAD / Travel Doc

~ 04/03/09 - Check cashed

~ 04/25/09 - Biometrics

~ 04/20/09 - Transferred to CSC

~ 04/25/09 - Transfer notice received in the mail

~ 04/27/09 - Arrived at CSC

~ 05/09/09 - Employment Auth / Travel Document Approved

~ 05/12/09 - AP approved - without an interview

~ 05/23/09 - Welcome letter received

~ 06/05/09 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED! ! !

~ 09/11/11 - DIVORCE - DIVORCE - DIVORCE

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

anyone thinking about replying to this thread should think long and hard before posting. info posted in threads like this can come back to bite you later on.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Many women on here claim that they would have not married a man with children from another country, but they would online date a man from another country-bring him to the US and marry him after only knowing him for days, weeks, or months.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline
Many women on here claim that they would have not married a man with children from another country, but they would online date a man from another country-bring him to the US and marry him after only knowing him for days, weeks, or months.

Is one of these scenarios supposed to be better than the other, or worse, or what ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Is one of these scenarios supposed to be better than the other, or worse, or what ?

Apparently... Doesn't her SO have a daughter who is still in Morocco? Maybe that's someone else.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I would not at all feel comfortable if my husband had a child/children and he left them behind to come to the US with me. Either as a good father he would need to find a way to bring them to the US with him at the same time , or I would probably have to pass on the relationship.

Huh, so as a good father he should bring them into an unknown environment, where he has no job and maybe his wife doesn't have the living space, or maybe the money to support everyone. or should he come adjust to American, get a job and then get his kids..new SO and kids at the same time is a HUGE HUGEadjustment.

and since when is leaving kids in another country abandoning them?? Now if SO comes and doesn't look back then yes that is abandonment but that is asuming that SO was super involved in home country in the first place.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Timeline
I would not at all feel comfortable if my husband had a child/children and he left them behind to come to the US with me. Either as a good father he would need to find a way to bring them to the US with him at the same time , or I would probably have to pass on the relationship.

Huh, so as a good father he should bring them into an unknown environment, where he has no job and maybe his wife doesn't have the living space, or maybe the money to support everyone. or should he come adjust to American, get a job and then get his kids..new SO and kids at the same time is a HUGE HUGEadjustment.

and since when is leaving kids in another country abandoning them?? Now if SO comes and doesn't look back then yes that is abandonment but that is asuming that SO was super involved in home country in the first place.

Interesting.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Apparently... Doesn't her SO have a daughter who is still in Morocco? Maybe that's someone else.

point proven

anyone thinking about replying to this thread should think long and hard before posting. info posted in threads like this can come back to bite you later on.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Same scenario.

Timeline

Since you remember stories so closely, yes, I did mention on here several months ago that my husband sends money home regularly to his family (mother & daughter). My husband was not a teenager when he came to America. He worked unlike your 18 year old husband when he came here, he was married before and had a child.

I wanted to respect my husband's privacy on his personal business, that is why I did not speak up on this thread. Another reason is because you have brought up this thread on at least two occasions. Why? Simply because you think you have nothing in common with MENA. You think you are better than everyone. Purpose of the thread.

You were what-20 when you brought an 18 year old teenager from another country to marry him. Most young women at 20 these days are not even thinking about marriage. I guess you had to take what you could get when you could get it. Correct, you are not like most of the MENA women. You brought a teenager here to America to marry.

Now speaking on the subject, I love my husband and his family. I asked him if he wanted to petition for his daughter to come here. He said no. She is a wealthy little girl getting private school education. She loves Maroc, her mother, and extended family.

We are going to try to get her to come up to visit for her holiday this summer if she wants. Secondly, when she turns eighteen she can decide if America or elsewhere is where she will want to live or visit.

I met my husband online. We married a little over a year later. I would never say I would never do this or that. I thought I would never date a man overseas, bring him to America, marry him, have another child, etc.-especially because there were other options for me that maybe would have been better choices. However, I would not trade our love for anything currently.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

no

K1 process

10/05/2006 filled :)

05/03/2007 interview -> AP -> hell -> AP -> 9 months of AP Hell - 2 home visits :(

01/26/2008 visa in hand with a typo :(

02/03/2008 2 weeks more of waiting.... Visa in hand...... :)

2/20/2008 on US soil :)

2/21/2008 marriage :)

AOS

03/12/2008 Sent AOS/Work/Travel

03/16/2008 shows delivered chicago

4/12/2008 check cashed :)

4/13/2008 NOA's for all 3

4/18/2008 bio letter

4/29/2008 bio appt.

5/06/2008 RFE 2007 tax return

5/07/2008 returned RFE overnight

5/08/2008 received-lees summit

5/12/08 case updated online/RFE received

5/27/08 checked the website for the third time today -says AP and EAD approval letter sent 5/24- it was not updated online till today - and no e-mail update either

5/27/08 emails sent in afternoon AP and EAD approvals

5/29/08 AP touch

5/29/08 email EAD card production ordered

6/02/08 AP in hand

6/03/08 email EAD card mailed

6/05/08 EAD card in hand :)

7/28/08 AOS letter received

9/02/08 AOS interview

9/10/08 card production ordered email :)

9/17/08 welcome letter email and snail mail arrive same day

9/19/08 Greencard in hand :)

Since you remember stories so closely, yes, I did mention on here several months ago that my husband sends money home regularly to his family (mother & daughter). My husband was not a teenager when he came to America. He worked unlike your 18 year old husband when he came here, he was married before and had a child.

I wanted to respect my husband's privacy on his personal business, that is why I did not speak up on this thread. Another reason is because you have brought up this thread on at least two occasions. Why? Simply because you think you have nothing in common with MENA. You think you are better than everyone. Purpose of the thread.

You were what-20 when you brought an 18 year old teenager from another country to marry him. Most young women at 20 these days are not even thinking about marriage. I guess you had to take what you could get when you could get it. Correct, you are not like most of the MENA women. You brought a teenager here to America to marry.

Now speaking on the subject, I love my husband and his family. I asked him if he wanted to petition for his daughter to come here. He said no. She is a wealthy little girl getting private school education. She loves Maroc, her mother, and extended family.

We are going to try to get her to come up to visit for her holiday this summer if she wants. Secondly, when she turns eighteen she can decide if America or elsewhere is where she will want to live or visit.

I met my husband online. We married a little over a year later. I would never say I would never do this or that. I thought I would never date a man overseas, bring him to America, marry him, have another child, etc.-especially because there were other options for me that maybe would have been better choices. However, I would not trade our love for anything currently.

keep up the good work! it was especially adept the way you randomly brought up how old hicham is. it totally will distract anyone reading this from the fact that yr blabbing your husband's and his other family's personal business. mad skills you've got. mad skills.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

but she does go on to "address the subject" and states that in her post.

anyway, to me it seems to me that the response is seperated into 2 camps. Those whose SO's have kids and those whose SO's don't have kids.

It is quite easy to make blanket statements when you yourself are not in that situation and good for you if your SO doesn't have kids, but what about those who do? a little tact goes a long way.

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.