Bamboo

Proof of on going relationship question

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

from everything I've read, phonecards alone don't prove anything... you need records of the numbers you called, when, duration of calls, etc

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Yes I do have a lot of proof of having met in the past 2 years. I got photos, photocopy of my visa stamps, itinerary, boarding pass, receipt of tickets. But how much do u need for on going relationship?

The more the better...sometimes people bring tons and it still doesnt convince them...

well for I-129F you need what was prior to the time when you filed and for the interview you need proof from between the filing and the interview...but for the interview better take everything ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Thank you guys for answering my question. I think this might be a problem for me and my fiance because she cannot read English very well and I cannot Read Laos at all so we do not write letters. We mainly use phonecards to contact each other on the phone because I know how to speak Laos very fluently and she knows how to speak english and phonecards are very cheap. I guess I will have nothing to show. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes like one said: phone records, emails, letters, postcards, pictures, etc.

As much you can get send them! and don't forget to put captions under your pics. and date if they don't already have it.

My "super" fiance simply "forgot" to put captions AND sent a bunch of picture of him with members of my family when he visited Brazil and etc... and then of course the adjudicator won't have a clue of where it was or who are those people! it drives me NUTS the best part is that he barely sent pics of us both together (there's only like a few) in the middle of a bunch of other clueless pictures :girlwerewolf2xn:

And these pictures are very important as evidences.

So be as clear as possible, and send as many things as you can. If you don't have a phone bill just write an explanation letter with one of the phone cards you have.

Take care!

Vanessa

Edited by V&Steve

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Thank you guys for answering my question. I think this might be a problem for me and my fiance because she cannot read English very well and I cannot Read Laos at all so we do not write letters. We mainly use phonecards to contact each other on the phone because I know how to speak Laos very fluently and she knows how to speak english and phonecards are very cheap. I guess I will have nothing to show. :(

For initial petition you do not need ongoing evidence... for the period of time from petition filing to interview get a phonecard that records your phone activity.... These are available from many different sources and the cost of this can be very similiar to what yo umay currently be using.

YMMV

Timeline

I have alot of pictures with us together and us with each others family members. The guide said 2-5 pictures. But since i do not have much other evidence should i send more pictures?, I also have my passport visa stamp copy, a copy of my passport request, a copy of itinerary, a copy of plane tickets and receipe that I will be sending. Thank you for the tip about the captions I will do that. THe phone cards that record your phone activity, how do you get the evidence from it. Do they send you a phone record in the mail? I usually use the ones where u scratch off and it gives you some hours you can talk. Thank you guys for you help.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I have alot of pictures with us together and us with each others family members. The guide said 2-5 pictures. But since i do not have much other evidence should i send more pictures?, I also have my passport visa stamp copy, a copy of my passport request, a copy of itinerary, a copy of plane tickets and receipe that I will be sending. Thank you for the tip about the captions I will do that. THe phone cards that record your phone activity, how do you get the evidence from it. Do they send you a phone record in the mail? I usually use the ones where u scratch off and it gives you some hours you can talk. Thank you guys for you help.

The initial petition only requires you show evidence of having been together in person during the past two years. You do this with passport stamps, plane ticket receipts and other written evidence you were in Laos.

Time to get your head around the fact that you'll be proving the ongoing relationship at interview, not at filing. You have plenty of time to have more visits and communication records. Find a phone service that gives a record of the numbers you called and when.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The initial petition only requires you show evidence of having been together in person during the past two years. You do this with passport stamps, plane ticket receipts and other written evidence you were in Laos.

Time to get your head around the fact that you'll be proving the ongoing relationship at interview, not at filing. You have plenty of time to have more visits and communication records. Find a phone service that gives a record of the numbers you called and when.

Thats great. I do have alot of evidence of being in laos the past 2 years. Now I need to find a phone service that records the numbers that i called and when i called them. Thank you for your help. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.