AnewKINDofFEELIN

Waiting on the VSC to make a decision?

2,459 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

well....Oscar is on a bus to Lima......never recieved the embassy's mailing by snails mail......so we contacted the embassy in Lima and they told him to be there tomorrow by 9 am to get the letter and info......now he will have less then 2 weeks to get certificates and medical done......I leave the 30th for Lima so we will be together for the interview......April 1........and home together April 4..........yeah :dance::dance::dance:

Edited by OsLoraTamm

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys.

We didn't get the approval we want. But we didn't get denied either. They want more evidence (like spending $150 to send evidence is not enough).

Oh well, he wasn't coming until August anyways so its not like the separation is being prolonged. We'll just take it in stride.

I was kind of hoping to see you post the "OMG! Interview approved!"... :( .. But as you have said, you were not denied so that is a good thing. :yes: I will be keeping you in my prayers and I hope you will get that visa approval come June.

God be with you always.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Thanks guys.

We didn't get the approval we want. But we didn't get denied either. They want more evidence (like spending $150 to send evidence is not enough).

Oh well, he wasn't coming until August anyways so its not like the separation is being prolonged. We'll just take it in stride.

You have a strength that is an inspiration to so many of us here.

I'm sorry this delay happened, but I have faith that all will be well before your wedding.

Here's to you and your love... may you keep smiling and remember that the freedom to be together is so very close. :)

10/31/07 - Mailed I-129F to Vermont Service Center

11/01/07 - I-129F received at VSC

11/02/07 - NOA1 dated

02/17/08 - TOUCH! OMG OMG OMG PLZ PLZ PLZ

02/29/08 - NOA2! Really. Finally. can't...believe...

03/10/08 - NVC received

03/12/08 - NVC shipped to Embassy

03/14/08 - Embassy received petition

03/20/08 - Received Packet 3

04/01/08 - Faxed back Packet 3 checklist to embassy

04/11/08 - Received Packet 4

05/09/08 - Interview at Embassy

05/14/08 - Received Visa and passport visa DHL - WOW!

05/18/08 - Entered USA at Dallas

07/19/08 - Married the love of my life...

04/30/09 - Mailed AOS Paperwork. Finally!

05/26/09 - AOS RFE. :(

Now waiting for AOS...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Thanks guys.

Zee, at first I wanted to cry for you. But after reading your posts I can see that you're really a classy lady and my tears would do you no good. (F) So, please know that I'm very proud of your strength and resilience. You are a true inspiration for optimism and patience. I'm saddened by your news, but I still have faith you will be together as planned, when planned. That embassy gave you a load of bull$hit. But perhaps their ridiculous reasoning was normal for that embassy. i don't know. So, you may have to wait a while longer, but like you said it won't change your reunion date anyhow. And I will certainly keep an eye on your progress with great interest, well beyond your approval. You have many supporters here. (L) Stay the course, Zee! :)

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Thanks guys.

Zee, at first I wanted to cry for you. But after reading your posts I can see that you're really a classy lady and my tears would do you no good. (F) So, please know that I'm very proud of your strength and resilience. You are a true inspiration for optimism and patience. I'm saddened by your news, but I still have faith you will be together as planned, when planned. That embassy gave you a load of bull$hit. But perhaps their ridiculous reasoning was normal for that embassy. i don't know. So, you may have to wait a while longer, but like you said it won't change your reunion date anyhow. And I will certainly keep an eye on your progress with great interest, well beyond your approval. You have many supporters here. (L) Stay the course, Zee! :)

I couldn't have said it better myself!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOHOO, something in this crazy process worked. I called the embassy to schedule an interview and have one for april, yeah :dance:

Thank God for VJ or we'd be waiting for packet IV til doomsday not knowing they have changed (without notice) to a call in scheduling system that requires we download the forms for the packet :wacko:

One step closer to USCIS/NVC/DOS freedom :whistle:

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
WOHOO, something in this crazy process worked. I called the embassy to schedule an interview and have one for april, yeah :dance:

Thank God for VJ or we'd be waiting for packet IV til doomsday not knowing they have changed (without notice) to a call in scheduling system that requires we download the forms for the packet :wacko:

Congratulations Virgil :)

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Timeline

Yeah Virgil and Ana.....I am so happy for you guys....there is light at the end of the May/June tunnel....... :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Right on, Virgil! Congratulations! :thumbs:

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

You got lucky there :thumbs: .... some people on the Philippine forum have been venting about having called several times and spending precious dollars just to be on hold for more than an hour and then just to be told to call again.

I'm so happy for you. :dance: Hope everything will go as smoothly for you.

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Timeline

Just finished talking to Oscar......He went to the embassy in Lima today and got the copies of the packet that never arrived......He said the people were very nice......He then went to get the required pictures......and apply for the certificates.....We are very close to not being able to have the Judical certificate on time with the holiday's coming up......He gets the medical exam date tomorrow.......He is such a baby......He is afraid of the injections....Poor baby :crying: ....Oh well we all must sacrifice you know................ but all is going O.K......I just hope and pray everything goes smoothly.......... :innocent:

Just finished talking to Oscar......He went to the embassy in Lima today and got the copies of the packet that never arrived......He said the people were very nice......He then went to get the required pictures......and apply for the certificates.....We are very close to not being able to have the Judical certificate on time with the holiday's coming up......He gets the medical exam date tomorrow.......He is such a baby......He is afraid of the injections....Poor baby :crying: ....Oh well we all must sacrifice you know................ but all is going O.K......I just hope and pray everything goes smoothly.......... :innocent:

Good luck to Oscar tomorrow...he'll do great, I'm sure!!!

Dawn

Our journey to be together (work in progress)

March 2007 - Met online

1/28/08 - Sent I-129F to VSC

5/13/08 - Visa in hand!!!

7/7/08 - POE

7/11/08 - legal wedding

7/20/08 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago Lockbox

11/18/08 - AOS approved!!!

11/25/08 - Received welcome letter...and Green Card!!!

12/21/08 - ceremonial wedding

10/9/10 - Sent I-751 and started the fresh hell that is ROC

10/14/10 - NOA1 for ROC

10/29/10 - received appointment for Biometrics

11/22/10 - Biometrics appointment

Currently: Living blissfully with my Essex lad...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.