amrssnowangel

JUNE FILERS STILL WAITING

292 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......well 190 days has come and gone since VSC recieved our petition........I am just plian worn out now.......I had hoped for Christmas together then New Years.....well how about MLK birthday or Valentine's Day.....This is so retarded.....How can this be the land of the free....I feel far from free at this point....I am a hostage of ineptness.....of disregard for my rights.....of just lack of compassion for what this is doing to our lives....Mine, Oscar's and every single other person who has to endure this agony.......So tomorrow I start again with the fight....the phone calls...the emails.....but I am so close to just loosing my mind now........I wish I could travel to Peru....(medical reasons) or Oscar could come here to visit us...but of course he was denied a tourist visa......protecting American against the "vile" person who I love.......THIS IS A BUNCH OF B*LLSH*T........

U know i was reading a post, on a related thread i think, where someone was describing the process for Canadians. It seemed like when ur ready u just bring them to Canada, no worries!!! Weird it seems so sensible.

Sure there would be a lot of phony engagements, but when they are turning a blind eye to millions crossing the border anyway it's BS to give our fiance(e)'s the third degree. maybe cap it at two or three, but it doesn't need to be so arduous. And the expense is ridiculous. Aos is like $1000 not including EAD and fingerprints, more medical, etc. and ur separated so long u need to visit so airfare's a killer.

BTW since u can't get help til 30 days after the six months, isn't it really a 7 month commitment. Of course when u call they'll say 'ok now wait 60 days will get back to you.'

So I'm not fighting it anymore, it's like when the doctor snaps on that rubber glove - just tell me when your done vsc :o

I am with you.....I would rather have a colonoscopy while awake then to ever do this again........I have yet to figure out why our government has the right to deny me my happiness......I have parents.....I do not need the government to perform that function.......I have the ACLU looking into this for me.....Even after I get this all done...I think I want to stick it to them just because I feel like it.......but in the mean time I am like you....they have us hostage......by the way I got lost in Catonville Maryland once......I was trying to get to BWI...hahahahaha...on my way to Peru....one of my 6 trips there........You are right this is not a cheap endeavor....Anyway...since it looks like everyone has abandoned us I guess it is just the First 2 weeks of June people left on this thread now......I keep getting yaked at on the other thread about being negative.....Oh well bite me.....I know ours will be worked someday but in the mean time this sucks....Hang in there Virgil.........Lora

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
So I'm not fighting it anymore, it's like when the doctor snaps on that rubber glove - just tell me when your done vsc :o

Then they tell you "Oh sorry it's been inactive so long it's expired." And our head snaps "What?"

Can they really do that?

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh yes. It's been done. If you root around in the threads there is personal testimony. I think it takes a year of inactivity.

Then they tell you "Oh sorry it's been inactive so long it's expired." And our head snaps "What?"

Can they really do that?

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......well 190 days has come and gone since VSC recieved our petition........I am just plian worn out now.......I had hoped for Christmas together then New Years.....well how about MLK birthday or Valentine's Day.....This is so retarded.....How can this be the land of the free....I feel far from free at this point....I am a hostage of ineptness.....of disregard for my rights.....of just lack of compassion for what this is doing to our lives....Mine, Oscar's and every single other person who has to endure this agony.......So tomorrow I start again with the fight....the phone calls...the emails.....but I am so close to just loosing my mind now........I wish I could travel to Peru....(medical reasons) or Oscar could come here to visit us...but of course he was denied a tourist visa......protecting American against the "vile" person who I love.......THIS IS A BUNCH OF B*LLSH*T........

U know i was reading a post, on a related thread i think, where someone was describing the process for Canadians. It seemed like when ur ready u just bring them to Canada, no worries!!! Weird it seems so sensible.

Sure there would be a lot of phony engagements, but when they are turning a blind eye to millions crossing the border anyway it's BS to give our fiance(e)'s the third degree. maybe cap it at two or three, but it doesn't need to be so arduous. And the expense is ridiculous. Aos is like $1000 not including EAD and fingerprints, more medical, etc. and ur separated so long u need to visit so airfare's a killer.

BTW since u can't get help til 30 days after the six months, isn't it really a 7 month commitment. Of course when u call they'll say 'ok now wait 60 days will get back to you.'

I am with you.....I would rather have a colonoscopy while awake then to ever do this again........I have yet to figure out why our government has the right to deny me my happiness......I have parents.....I do not need the government to perform that function.......I have the ACLU looking into this for me.....Even after I get this all done...I think I want to stick it to them just because I feel like it.......but in the mean time I am like you....they have us hostage......by the way I got lost in Catonville Maryland once......I was trying to get to BWI...hahahahaha...on my way to Peru....one of my 6 trips there........You are right this is not a cheap endeavor....Anyway...since it looks like everyone has abandoned us I guess it is just the First 2 weeks of June people left on this thread now......I keep getting yaked at on the other thread about being negative.....Oh well bite me.....I know ours will be worked someday but in the mean time this sucks....Hang in there Virgil.........Lora

Wow getting lost on the way to the airport, bet that was nervewracking! And if u turned the wrong way in Catonsville u could head towards west baltimore - uh oh.

I agree about making your own choices, i made up a saying years ago - our country is turning not into Big Brother, but Big Mother and she knows best.

Well when ur negative ur supposed to go :crying::crying::crying: then it's ok.

I can't blame them, but people who filed two months after me who say 'oooh my date is two days from that last approval is it my turn yet' are starting to get to me :devil:

Thanks I'll try to hang in there.

Petition sent priority mail 6/4/07

Received by VSC 6/6/07

Touched 6/13/07

um ... hello?

Touched 12/20/07, after change of address

approx. 1/3/08 - starting to wish VSC staff acquire untreatable stinkfoot

1/17/08 Ombudsman filed formal inquiry.

Touched 2/3 ... wow that was fast, only 8 months to get around to us

Approved 2/20 NOA2

Case arrived Manila USE 3/4

Interview scheduled April 22!

Medical 4/14

Approved!! Interview on 4/22 - just one question!

Visa in hand May 10, whew!

Tickets for poe may 24

Married july 2008

2 year resident w/o interview 2/09 (no more hiding in the basement jokes)

kid 1,Bradley, 10/2009

10 year resident 2/2011 w/o interview

kid 2, Jeffrey, 8/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Wow getting lost on the way to the airport, bet that was nervewracking! And if u turned the wrong way in Catonsville u could head towards west baltimore - uh oh.

I agree about making your own choices, i made up a saying years ago - our country is turning not into Big Brother, but Big Mother and she knows best.

I can't blame them, but people who filed two months after me who say 'oooh my date is two days from that last approval is it my turn yet' are starting to get to me :devil:

I just sort of giggle when I see people so far ahead wanting theirs. A lot of them are getting them, but .. some of them will have to wait it out. THe unlucky ones, tho I wouldn't wish it on ANYBODY. That'd be horrible, but I think its a statistical fact. Me, bitter? Nooo... :whistle:

Pete and I set up a betting pool. We laid out the next two weeks, drew dates and whoever draws the approval date gets sole control of the radio when he comes for Christmas. (we have no musical tastes in common, so its a constant mini-battle) It's made things interesting. I had today, but he had yesterday and tomorrow, and friday and all weekend. So, we'll see. I'm hoping for Thursday, I really dont' like electronic. :P

My Timeline

Summer 2005 - Introduced online by a mutual friend

December 2005- Meet face to face. Mark 12/20 official start date.

June 9, 2007 - NOA1 from VSC

February 20, 2008 - APPROVED!!!

February 21, 2008 - paperwork forwarded to NVC.

February 27, 2008 - paperwork sent to Consulate.

March 6, 2008 - Packet 3 recieved.

March 19, 2008 - Packet 3 returned. (minus checklist!)

April 21, 2008 - Returned checklist. All Packet 3 in London.

May 7, 2008 - Medical.

May 30, 2008 - Interview. APPROVED.

July 27, 2008 - Arrives in US.

August 8, 2008 - Legal Wedding

AOS:

Sent: 10/17/08

Notice of Receipt: 10/23/08

I-765 - Rejected: 10/22/08

I-765 Resubmitted: 11/5/08

I485 RFE (for already submitted documents): 11/10/08

Biometrics appointment: 11/14/08

RFE returned: 11/15/08

Transferred to CSC: 5/15/09

Card Production ordered: 7/28/09

Timeline

I just sort of giggle when I see people so far ahead wanting theirs. A lot of them are getting them, but .. some of them will have to wait it out. THe unlucky ones, tho I wouldn't wish it on ANYBODY. That'd be horrible, but I think its a statistical fact. Me, bitter? Nooo... :whistle:

Pete and I set up a betting pool. We laid out the next two weeks, drew dates and whoever draws the approval date gets sole control of the radio when he comes for Christmas. (we have no musical tastes in common, so its a constant mini-battle) It's made things interesting. I had today, but he had yesterday and tomorrow, and friday and all weekend. So, we'll see. I'm hoping for Thursday, I really dont' like electronic. :P

I am hoping and praying you win because I think you and Virgil and I are all in the samr crate and when one of us goes the other two will follow.....I am not bitter towards anyone just hope for understanding for our pain.......but human nature is such......and like you I wish this on no one else....so when they open our crate and finally work us up we will forget this pain......and only remember the support we got from each other......take care and win that bet...o.k.....Lora

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I read that someone called CSC a few days ago and they were told that they have updated their processing date - although it does not show online yet. Maybe Monday? Anyway, they said they are working on June 14,2007. Which means mine is outside their timeframe. Of course, I can't do a service request until Monday. Anyone else do one?

Timeline
I read that someone called CSC a few days ago and they were told that they have updated their processing date - although it does not show online yet. Maybe Monday? Anyway, they said they are working on June 14,2007. Which means mine is outside their timeframe. Of course, I can't do a service request until Monday. Anyone else do one?

I was told back when I was at 180 days that it had to be 30 days after you date......they told me it would have to be July 5.......my NOA1 is June 5

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well..I may have my NOA2..but stuck in AP in NVC. Apparently Amr's name didn't pass the first "screening" they do when they recieve the petitions. So NOW he is in security checks... THEN WHEN...(week, weekssssssss, month, monthsssssssssss... no one knows) he is cleared its sent to Cairo who can THEN decide to do MORE after the interview. :crying::wacko: At least at this level...SOMEONE is giving me an honest answer (supervisor that is)...

Timeline
Well..I may have my NOA2..but stuck in AP in NVC. Apparently Amr's name didn't pass the first "screening" they do when they recieve the petitions. So NOW he is in security checks... THEN WHEN...(week, weekssssssss, month, monthsssssssssss... no one knows) he is cleared its sent to Cairo who can THEN decide to do MORE after the interview. :crying::wacko: At least at this level...SOMEONE is giving me an honest answer (supervisor that is)...

(((HUGS)))

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
I would rather have a colonoscopy while awake then to ever do this again [...]

I did undergo a colonoscopy while awake, and, although it was interesting, it was actually not bad. There was less fecal matter involved with it than there is with USCIS.

From studying the CSC posts and skimming the VSC posts, I conclude that most of the files being worked on were late July/early August submissions, and that those from earlier June have been overlooked.

T-B. (183 days +++, not including even an RFE)

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

(((HUGS)))

Actually..I just read it can be involving what they consider a 'HIGH RISK' case...Im thinking it has to do with my past divorces and our age gap..maybe they want to be sure im not being used...by someone not so reputable??? (although i KNOW thats not the case..)

Timeline
I would rather have a colonoscopy while awake then to ever do this again [...]

I did undergo a colonoscopy while awake, and, although it was interesting, it was actually not bad. There was less fecal matter involved with it than there is with USCIS.

From studying the CSC posts and skimming the VSC posts, I conclude that most of the files being worked on were late July/early August submissions, and that those from earlier June have been overlooked.

T-B. (183 days +++, not including even an RFE)

I am impressed that you found your colonoscopy enjoyable.......It is either true character or a little crazy........I have been touch 2 times in the last two days but I agree with you they have just skipped the first 2 weeks of June......I should of filed in late July........augh

Timeline

(((HUGS)))

Actually..I just read it can be involving what they consider a 'HIGH RISK' case...Im thinking it has to do with my past divorces and our age gap..maybe they want to be sure im not being used...by someone not so reputable??? (although i KNOW thats not the case..)

geez..whatever the cause of this wait...I hope its quick and feel u - - lets get our cases to Cairo together already!!!!

“Hold on to the center and make up your mind to rejoice in this paradise called life.” ~ Lao-tzu

4374690_bodyshot_175x233_1205371236499.gif4572850_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Filed: Timeline

from what I have seen that is way to long for VSC.... I think you should start calling them.... I think you can

do that after 180 days... Thats the longest Ive ever seen out of VSC...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.