Y's_habibitk

Im confused!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just read of someone being forced to pursue a CR visa after the 130 was approved before the 129F. ??

I thought the applying for the K3 allowed you the option to choose to pursue the K3 OR the CR-1

"K-3 Spouse Visa General Discussion

If you are married to a non US Citizen and you both wish to live together and immigrate to the USA then the K3 visa is a possible option for you. General discussion relating to K4 Visas should also go here. People who file for a K-3 have automatically also filed for a IR1/CR1 Visa (I-130) and can persue that visa if it is approved faster than the K-3. "

Please help me wrap my head around this?

Thanks

Lisa

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
I just read of someone being forced to pursue a CR visa after the 130 was approved before the 129F. ??

I thought the applying for the K3 allowed you the option to choose to pursue the K3 OR the CR-1

If you are married to a non US Citizen and you both wish to live together and immigrate to the USA then the K3 visa is a possible option for you. General discussion relating to K4 Visas should also go here. People who file for a K-3 have automatically also filed for a IR1/CR1 Visa (I-130) and can persue that visa if it is approved faster than the K-3. "

Thanks

Lisa

that person is me. I talked to three different people at VSC today using the RFE trick and they said it is now the policy to terminate the I-129F when the I-130 is approved. They kept insisting that I didn't understand what the K3 is for. I kept insisting that they didn't understand that the K3 is still faster even with the I-130 approval.

You don't really have the option. You can try to play the game and run both at once if the I-130 gets approved long before the I-129F. But then again, you may end up either having the I-130 being terminated because of inactivity (if a year passes) or the I-129F terminated like what they did to me. I would venture to say (in hindsight) if your I-130 is approved early on and your I-129F is still pending.. try to run them both. Keep the I-130 alive. If the K3 gets approved than woo hoo to you. If it gets terminated it won't all be lost because the CR1 will still be going. (I wasn't smart enough to do that.. I let the CR1 sit idle all this time).

Timeline

Thanks

Lisa

that person is me. I talked to three different people at VSC today using the RFE trick and they said it is now the policy to terminate the I-129F when the I-130 is approved. They kept insisting that I didn't understand what the K3 is for. I kept insisting that they didn't understand that the K3 is still faster even with the I-130 approval.

You don't really have the option. You can try to play the game and run both at once if the I-130 gets approved long before the I-129F. But then again, you may end up either having the I-130 being terminated because of inactivity (if a year passes) or the I-129F terminated like what they did to me. I would venture to say (in hindsight) if your I-130 is approved early on and your I-129F is still pending.. try to run them both. Keep the I-130 alive. If the K3 gets approved than woo hoo to you. If it gets terminated it won't all be lost because the CR1 will still be going. (I wasn't smart enough to do that.. I let the CR1 sit idle all this time).

So, then the K3 really isnt an option anymore, unless the processing time is impeccable? So it sounds like a general ####### shoot.. you can apply for k3 and if 130 is approved first, go for the CR1...if not then youre in for the K3?

I didnt want to post my confusion on your thread, because you were already distraught. Thank you for responding even though you are going thru such a hard time. My thoughts are with you and your child.

Lisa

Edited by Y_habibitk

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Thanks

Lisa

So, then the K3 really isnt an option anymore, unless the processing time is impeccable? So it sounds like a general ####### shoot.. you can apply for k3 and if 130 is approved first, go for the CR1...if not then youre in for the K3?

I didnt want to post my confusion on your thread, because you were already distraught. Thank you for responding even though you are going thru such a hard time. My thoughts are with you and your child.

Lisa

Forget the K3 and go all the way with a CR-1.

CRs are MUCH, MUCH better visas in the long run.

Cheaper also.

Some peeps that did K3s are still waiting for their GCs after being in the US for over a year.

CRs get GCs in the mail a few weeks after arrival.

No need to go thru all the hassle and expense [$1010] adjusting status,

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa

The policy is to approve the two petitions together and then hold the I-130 for AOS. Consider that filing the I-129F in any timely enough fashion to have the option of a K3 visa, means you've killed the option for CR1, unless you "clearly request Consular processing" for the I-130 at the time it is filed.

Read this. It's been out for a year.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Sorry for the duplicate post.

Edited by simple_male

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa

Forget the K3 and go all the way with a CR-1.

CRs are MUCH, MUCH better visas in the long run.

Cheaper also.

Some peeps that did K3s are still waiting for their GCs after being in the US for over a year.

CRs get GCs in the mail a few weeks after arrival.

No need to go thru all the hassle and expense [$1010] adjusting status,

CR-1 is the better choice, I agree.

NVC Process of I-130:

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Sorry for the duplicate post. I don't know how to delete them.

Edited by simple_male

NVC Process of I-130:

Its important to note that nobody knows what "clearly request Consular processing" means. LvivLovers tried writing it on the form I130, the cover letter, etc. but it failed.

To summarize, there is rarely a choice of CR1 or K3 anymore if you file both I130 and I129F. If you file them together or close enough together they get linked and you are stuck with K3. If somehow they are not linked (most likely a huge gap in time of filing both petitions), and your I130 is approved well before your I129F gets to an adjudicator, your I129F will not be processed for K3 (we have only 2 firm data points on this though that I know of, Kathryn and Neenuh).

There is still an outside chance that some might slip through the cracks and get both approved and forwarded to NVC.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa

The policy is to approve the two petitions together and then hold the I-130 for AOS. Consider that filing the I-129F in any timely enough fashion to have the option of a K3 visa, means you've killed the option for CR1, unless you "clearly request Consular processing" for the I-130 at the time it is filed.

03/12/2007 - Married to my beautiful wife

04/16/2007 - Sent I-130 to VSC via USPS Express Mail

05/12/2007 - NOA1 received by snail mail after a loooong wait

05/14/2007 - Sent I-129F for K3 to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail

10/22/2007 - I129F APPROVED (161 days), I130 APPROVED (188 days)

11/08/2007 - I129F received at NVC, embassy case number generated.

11/13/2007 - I129F forwarded to embassy.

11/18/2007 - 129F petition received at embassy

01/09/2008 - finally, DOS gives me the interview date, April 16, 2007 (ouch)

01/23/2008 - never got packet 4, emailed embassy

04/11/2008 - picked up packet 4, did medical

04/14/2008 - medical report pickup, no problems

04/16/2008 - interview date- APPROVED!!!!!

04/18/2008 - both of us are home at last, POE JFK!

05/21/2008 - sent AOS and EAD

05/27/2008 - received NOA1 for AOS and for EAD

06/02/2008 - received Biometrics appt letter

06/19/2008 - Biometrics appointment scheduled - DONE

06/19/2008 - both AOS and EAD touched because of biometrics

07/29/2008 - EAD approved.

05/13/2009 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!/ Card production ordered email

05/18/2009 - Welcome Letter received

06/12/2009 - Second card production ordered email

06/19/2009 - Approval notice send email

06/22/2009 - Green Card received

04/09/2012 - Applied for Citizenship by Express Mailing N400 to NBC

04/10/2012 - N400 received by USCIS

06/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment

07/27/2012 - Appointment scheduled for N400 interview

09/05/2012 - Interview passed, oath ceremony completed, and Naturalization certificate received.

Timeline

Thanks for all the input and clarification. :)

Thanks!

Timeline

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa

Maybe the geniuses at Vermont should read it. According to them this policy is not something they are familiar with.

Timeline

Lisa

That was really nice of you to think that way. And thank you for thinking of us :( Everything is going to be alright. It's good for other people to know this so they don't make the same mistake I made.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So this news is making my head spin and I'm wondering how my case will turn out next month.

Also one thing I read in another thread K3 vs. CR-1 is that if you have even the slightest bit of doubt the K3 is the way to go because they don't get their green card upon arrival.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

omg!! :wacko: im so scared u guys!!! its been 3 months now since we sent our I-130 and no approval yet... also i ve mentioned this before in a separate thread.. that my husband ( USC) sent both I-130 and the I-129 together and a few weeks later they sent him back the i-129:unsure:

should i start getting concerned?? if not, then how many months should get me worried??? :(

lyrics.jpg

omg!! :wacko: im so scared u guys!!! its been 3 months now since we sent our I-130 and no approval yet... also i ve mentioned this before in a separate thread.. that my husband ( USC) sent both I-130 and the I-129 together and a few weeks later they sent him back the i-129:unsure:

should i start getting concerned?? if not, then how many months should get me worried??? :(

Just 3 months? This is TOOO early to start getting worried. Most of us are approved after 5 months (only a few are lucky to be approved before). The processing times according to USCIS is 6 months. So you still have to wait a little. Worry, if it has been over 6 months.

Also, why did they return your I-129F? Did you ask?

4.28.07 - Married in Jalisco Mexico - Cozumel Honeymoon for 2 weeks

***I-130***

5.24.07 - I-130 Received in CSC

7.14.07 - Received NOA1 (WOW after 6 weeks, I was worried...called INS and told me CSC had a computer "glitch" causing delays on printing Receipt notices and approvals)

10.30.07 - APPROVED No email, the NOA2 came in the mail...hard copy.

***1-129F***

7.23.07 - I-129F received in Chicago

7.30.07 - Received NOA1

11.21.07 - APPROVED!!!! APPROVED. GOT AN E-MAIL ON THANKSGIVING!

03.03.08- INTERVIEW IN CIUDAD JUAREZ. VISA GRANTED ON 03.03.2008

***AOS & EAD***

3.10.08 - Case Received at Chicago Lockbox, check cashed 3.14.08

3.17.08 - Received both NOA's in the mail

3.21.08 - Received Biometrics appointment letter in the mail, biometrics Appt. 4.02.08

5.05.08 - EAD Card Production ordered GOT EMAIL (we received the same email on 5.09.08)

5.13.08 - Approval Email for EAD (so the card was ordered first, and then we were approved...hum)

5.15.08 - EAD Card Received in mail.

8.08.08 - WE GOT OUR INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT YAY...9/12/08 - INTERVIEW APPROVED

9.24.08 - Received Green Card in the mail YEAH!

***I-751***

6.15.10 - Mailed I-751 Docs to CSC, check cashed 6.24.10

6.26.10 - Received NOA in mail dated 6.21.10

6.29.10 - Received Biometrics appointment for 7.15.10

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.