Y's_habibitk

Im confused!

23 posts in this topic

So this news is making my head spin and I'm wondering how my case will turn out next month.

Also one thing I read in another thread K3 vs. CR-1 is that if you have even the slightest bit of doubt the K3 is the way to go because they don't get their green card upon arrival.

K3 vs. CR-1 is that if you have even the slightest bit of doubt the K3 is the way to go because they don't get their green card upon arrival.

HUH?

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

omg!! :wacko: im so scared u guys!!! its been 3 months now since we sent our I-130 and no approval yet... also i ve mentioned this before in a separate thread.. that my husband ( USC) sent both I-130 and the I-129 together and a few weeks later they sent him back the i-129:unsure:

should i start getting concerned?? if not, then how many months should get me worried??? :(

Getting the I-129F back is the BEST thing that can happen to you the way things are now.

Just stick with the I-130 and forget about the I-129F.

Wish we'd done so. We went thru hell adjusting status for the K3.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

omg!! :wacko: im so scared u guys!!! its been 3 months now since we sent our I-130 and no approval yet... also i ve mentioned this before in a separate thread.. that my husband ( USC) sent both I-130 and the I-129 together and a few weeks later they sent him back the i-129:unsure:

should i start getting concerned?? if not, then how many months should get me worried??? :(

my a dvice to you is to sit back, relax, do what you normally do in life and let the USCIS staff do their job to process the petition. Edited by kalai&malia

but the CR-1 takes soooo long!!!! its unpredictable....:(

i think it was returned back i think becos they dont accept both at the same time :wacko: thats wat i think!!!!

No they will take both at the same time.

Cheers and gl

p.s. quite a few of us have done the dual filing and mine was through a lawyer with a good track record and again best of luck to you in your visa journey

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

amazing the difference a year can make.. lol

i was bored and found this and remember FREAKING out because the service centers were canning some k3 petitions..

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I just read of someone being forced to pursue a CR visa after the 130 was approved before the 129F. ??

I thought the applying for the K3 allowed you the option to choose to pursue the K3 OR the CR-1

"K-3 Spouse Visa General Discussion

If you are married to a non US Citizen and you both wish to live together and immigrate to the USA then the K3 visa is a possible option for you. General discussion relating to K4 Visas should also go here. People who file for a K-3 have automatically also filed for a IR1/CR1 Visa (I-130) and can persue that visa if it is approved faster than the K-3. "

Please help me wrap my head around this?

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

The K3 is indeed an option if you're married to a USC. As for us, we're going with K3 since both petitions have been approved. There are advantages to having your GC as soon as you step in the US, but we got burned out with waiting for the approval alone. Lesser fee for AOS with CR1 isn't worth it (the stress that is, for me) if it means waiting some more and wondering about the status of our paper without my husband by my side. Sure I won't have the GC as soon as I get there, and I will still have to deal with AOS and all and pay a much bigger amount, but at least I'm with my husband already. But if you can haggle both petitions and get an interview soon as well, the better. I'm just tired of filing stuff for now away from him. We'll rest for a while and deal with it again when i get home.

Best of luck!

God Bless!!!

Chris&Barbie

'with you by my side, how can I fail?" cbw

I130

NOA1 : 05.05.08

TOUCHED : 05.09.08

TOUCHED : 10.01.08

TOUCHED : 10.02.08

APPROVED (NOA2): JANUARY 7, 2009--- THANK YOU LORD!!!!

I129-F

NOA1 : 05.28.08

TOUCHED : 07.10.08

APPROVED (NOA2): JANUARY 7, 2009--- THANK YOU LORD!!!!

CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: 01.15.09

CASE SENT OUT TO US EMBASSY-MANILA FROM NVC: 01.15.09

LETTER FROM THE EMBASSY: 01.22.09

PAID DV: 01.15.09

MEDICAL EXAM: 02.16.09-1ST DAY 02.17.09-2ND DAY---PASSED!!!!!

INTERVIEW DATE: 03.03.09- PASSED! THANK GOD!

VISA IN HAND: March 6, 2009

HOME: March 7, 2009

FOLLOW UPS:

11.10.08-called up USCIS to inquire about our status/sent faxes to congressmen and senator

11.12.08-called up USCIS again and was told that our case was moved to CSC back in June(!) because the state department have some questions about some of the documents we filed. And they never sent us any RFE...Grrrrrrr!!!! Was told that they don't know what the problem with the documents...Grrrrrr (again)! and was told that they will file a request for review...uuuuuggghhhh!!!!

01.14.09: Hubby sent a Thank you letter to his senator's office for clearing out the confussions with our application last Dec. 4. We'll go with K3...Hubby's doing his ITR as we speak... =)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
I just read of someone being forced to pursue a CR visa after the 130 was approved before the 129F. ??

I thought the applying for the K3 allowed you the option to choose to pursue the K3 OR the CR-1

If you are married to a non US Citizen and you both wish to live together and immigrate to the USA then the K3 visa is a possible option for you. General discussion relating to K4 Visas should also go here. People who file for a K-3 have automatically also filed for a IR1/CR1 Visa (I-130) and can persue that visa if it is approved faster than the K-3. "

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

The K3 is indeed an option if you're married to a USC. As for us, we're going with K3 since both petitions have been approved. There are advantages to having your GC as soon as you step in the US, but we got burned out with waiting for the approval alone. Lesser fee for AOS with CR1 isn't worth it (the stress that is, for me) if it means waiting some more and wondering about the status of our paper without my husband by my side. Sure I won't have the GC as soon as I get there, and I will still have to deal with AOS and all and pay a much bigger amount, but at least I'm with my husband already. But if you can haggle both petitions and get an interview soon as well, the better. I'm just tired of filing stuff for now away from him. We'll rest for a while and deal with it again when i get home.

Best of luck!

So ya'll from the readings on this thread, then filing for a K3 is basically a lost cause?, and most likely will not be processed faster then if applying for a CR-1 straight out? I know one is a Immigrant visa with benefits. and K3 Non Immigrant and etc. APS and more $$$$$$

Please give me your suggestions, and are CR-1 I-130 petitions transferred to CSC from VSC normal???

I thought I had it all down pat a year ago when we first filed, now its round #2 with VSC. Wish me luck and patience. UGH!!! 4 more weeks, and its back to Paris for a visit with my love.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Best of luck!

So ya'll from the readings on this thread, then filing for a K3 is basically a lost cause?, and most likely will not be processed faster then if applying for a CR-1 straight out? I know one is a Immigrant visa with benefits. and K3 Non Immigrant and etc. APS and more $$$$$$

Please give me your suggestions, and are CR-1 I-130 petitions transferred to CSC from VSC normal???

I thought I had it all down pat a year ago when we first filed, now its round #2 with VSC. Wish me luck and patience. UGH!!! 4 more weeks, and its back to Paris for a visit with my love.

2Lovers

67kx7t6sli3t.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.