Captain Ewok

Ask the Embassy. Your Top Questions will be answered by an actual Consulate Officer

73 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Sue,

I applied for CR-1, not K1, so there may be difference but... US embassy in Paris did not ask me for my Titre de Sejour. Not in any checklist. I will see if they ask me when I show up in person and you can PM me for the result after Dec. 4.

I've heard of a case when a couple explicitly informed a US embassy about illegal status of the immigrant and US embassy did not mind giving a visa. It was either in Spain or Italy.

Hi,

We are at the consulate stage in Paris. We have received the first packet and we have everything on the checklist but the carte de sejour or residence permit as it is called in Paris, France. Should we submit everything or should I call or email them first and tell them we do not have a residence card. My fiance is a citizen of Algeria but is living in Paris without official papers. He applied for them but was denied by the French govrnment (no specific reason).

We would like to interview there. We have been truthful about everything and want to do what is right. Any advice would be great.

Thanks,

Sue

CR-1 Timeline

March'07 NOA1 date, case transferred to CSC

June'07 NOA2 per USCIS website!

Waiver I-751 timeline

July'09 Check cashed.

Jan'10 10 year GC received.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it true that there is a new policy that if your I-130 is already approved beforehand your pending I-129F will be terminated and you are forced to continue getting a CR1 visa? (There is a post regarding this.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

How many petitions are received and set up for interview by month???

Why do you limit calls to just Wednesdays for only 2 hours instead of Monday to Friday and for more hours?

Why cant we pick up the visas anymore and have to wait for Domesa to deliver them if we are able to get them on our own??

Why do you limit calls to just Wednesdays for only 2 hours instead of Monday to Friday and for more hours?

Why cant we pick up the visas anymore and have to wait for Domesa to deliver them if we are able to get them on our own??

Is this posted just for the Colombian embassy?? I see many from other places also posting questions

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

1. Why do the embassy authorized doctors in Bogota require that vaccinations be "fresh" and require beneficiaries to obtain and pay for vaccines they have already received?
  2. Does the attendance of the petitioner at the interview have any impact on the outcome?
  3. How does the embassy determine if the beneficiary and petitioner share a common language?
  4. When petitioners attend the interview, what determines whether or not they are interviewed?
Thanks!

PS: By the way everyone, the name of the country is Colombia. :whistle:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Colombia. ...i have been dying to say the same thing...not ColUmbia...ColOmbia!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! I have a GREAT question!

I'm supposed to submit a birth certificate from Afghanistan (considered a FIFTH world country). For a country with that kind of ranking, few people ever got birth certificates. Then there was the war with Russia, the Taliban tearing up the place, etc... Any documents that may have existed are all over the place. What is a reasonable amount of effort to display to the NVC or consulate that you've tried to obtain some records of your birth and none exist. Is my testimony and that of my parents sufficient in this situation?

I've been trying forever to figure this out (and this is the very last thing I need to complete my package 3)... Please pick my question, Ewok!!! ;)

Ciao.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

A Question for All Embassies Regarding the Beneficiaries' Past Drug Use:

During the medical exam, when the physician asks the beneficiary directly if they have ever used an illegal or illicit drug in their past, is an admission to the physician under confidentiality ever used against them in denying them a Visa, even if their past drug use was beyond the statute of 3 years? If so, what personal information that is shared with the physician would not be considered confidential between doctor and patient?

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Is this posted just for the Colombian embassy?? I see many from other places also posting questions

As per the Captain's original post:

We have gotten permission from the Columbian Embassy to submit up to ten member generated questions on any related immigration issue at the Consulate Stage of processing. These questions can be general in nature and may apply to all consulates and petitioners across the world -- or you may ask questions that may be specific to the Columbian consulate itself.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Great topic!! :thumbs:

Question: How can I get our original documents back? The letter in packet #4 I received from NVC stated that we would get them back at time of interview. At the interview the consular officer advised that we would get them back at POE. She was not allowed to give them to us as she had to send the complete package for POE. At POE the immigration officer said we had to fill out a form and send to the National Records Center to get our documents back. Just a complete run around. Can you point us in the right direction?

Thank you.

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

my question also: Why cant we pick up the visas anymore ?? Why do we now have to wait for Domesa to deliver them if we are able to get them on our own?? and What caused this policy change ?

(L) Brian and Yenys (L)

whats the main reason (paperwork errors, not enough evidence, age diff., persons attitude, etc.) that turns an simple easy interview into an interrogation?

This is from the U.S. Embassy ManilThree reasons account for about 90 percent of all refused immigrant visas in Manila:

An incomplete or incorrectly completed Affidavit of Support

A lack of secondary evidence proving relationship or identity

Incomplete or outdated police or medical clearances a web site:

You can read more at: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3219.html

First trip 01-17-07

Married 02-05-07

What Service Center was filed at? Nebraska transferred to California

Provide dates for the following:

I-130 sent (Mailed)..........................3-12-07

1st NOA (Receipt Notice) .................3-29-07

2nd NOA (Approval Notice) e-mail.....6-15-07

Bill for I-864 processing fee rcd and sent..7-24-07

I-864 Packet Received......................8-18-07

I-864 Mailed to NV............................8-20-07

Bill for DS-230 received....................8-29-07

Payment for DS-230 sent..................8-30-07

DS-230 Packet received..................10-25-07

DS-230 Packet sent to NVC..............10-29-07

Case Completed..............................11-16-07

Case Forwarded to Embassy.............11-30-07

Packet recieved from NVC................12-07-07

Medical complete...............................1-04-08

Leave for Manila................................1-19-08

Interview and approval......................1-22-08

Visa in Hand .....................................1-24-08

Arrived in USA...................................3-19-08

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I second Bill's MD question (#1).

Up to this point many Colombian applicants have been forced to pay for vaccines they've already received in accordance to CDC guidelines. In my honest opinion as someone involved in biomedical research, its extremely unethical to demand a fresh vaccine from someone whom already has had one. This may, in fact, create an exaggerated immune reaction to a newer vaccine in some individuals and probably represents a potential case of medical malpractice.

Rephrasing this question then:

* Why is the Consulate in Bogota allowing two doctors to make vaccine demands that in the majority of cases (due to the tight time frame involved) results in applicants taking these vaccines (they've already taken previously) at providers " recommended " by the MDs?

It seems that the Consulate is allowing a little too much corruption to occur and applicants should not be exposed to potentially harmful vaccines just so a little extra cash can be funneled out of an applicant/petitioner. The Consulate at Bogota needs to be informed of this so they make wiser medical doctor choices or at the least, instruct their approved doctors to act in a fashion consistent with CDC guidelines.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The MD questions are EXCELLENT. I'm also with you guys. WHY in the world do the only two doctors allowed to do the medical exams for Bogotá, DEMAND that the vaccines be less than a week old even if the beneficiary had them done two weeks earlier and has valid proof with them? It's outrageus not to mention unethical as it was mentioned by Maviwaro.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline
The MD questions are EXCELLENT. I'm also with you guys. WHY in the world do the only two doctors allowed to do the medical exams for Bogotá, DEMAND that the vaccines be less than a week old even if the beneficiary had them done two weeks earlier and has valid proof with them? It's outrageus not to mention unethical as it was mentioned by Maviwaro.

Diana

wow that is terrible and harmful.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Is there a current tally of how many official questions we have so far, and what these questions are?

I agree with Bill y Bella's questions. On the other hand, some of the other questions could easily be answered by our own VJ members by creating new threads.

Edited by neophi

Naturalization Timeline:

Jan. 03, 2020 - N-400 filed online

Jan. 23, 2020 - Biometrics appointment

Apr. 08, 2020 - Interview scheduled

I lift up my eyes to the hills—

where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.