32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
Congrats!!! :thumbs: Its wonderful to look at the site and see the approved message isnt it????

Yep Approved Message ...

Hi guys

A good news from we are Approved, and here is what happen, as you guys now I touch my congressman and explained my satuation.. so he said I am on it.. so his sectory she emailed me today 11/26/07 as :

Reza:

We hope you had a good Thanksgiving as well. As the pictures are small they can be easy to misplace, however, as they were received on the 13th adjudication will immediately resume on your application and you should have a decision soon, and then off to the National Visa Center. We will continue to monitor, but please let me know if you receive an approval notice.

Sincerely,

Office of Congressman Sam Graves

Sixth Congressional District, Missouri

I said hmm, OMG sounds so good, good job congressman Graves..

I just came back from the work and check the uscis website and it saisssssssss

Receipt Number: WAC07200*****

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On November 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

guys after all my frustrations and nervs... as you know guys... my congressman help me out..

wish me good luck, and I pray for you all

God Bless all of you.

First, it is great you got approved. But, having gone through your posts and looking at your timeline, I am curious about why you felt the need to call your congressman? I cannot deduce your situation from the information in your posts. I filed in July, I have not been touched once. so, if I follow your line of thought, I should be on the horn to my congressman? Even though it has been established here that 6 months is pretty much the norm for processing?

Please elaborate on your particular situation so we don't have thousands of people assaulting their congressman to get special treatment.

Sorry, but I just missed something in your posts to show me why that action (calling congressman) was warranted.

I write this and send my congressman, you can copy it and change it and send it to your congressman as will

Dear Congressman Graves

Thanks For your responding to my Concern.

I am one of a countless number of United States Citizens who has applied for an I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, for my fiancé who is at this time a citizen of Iran. I filed this petition on her behalf on 06/13/07, and the petition was received by the California Service Center on the 06/24/07

I have seen press releases regarding how backlogs were supposed to be cleared by certain dates, and thus the processing of these petitions should return to more desirable waiting times. However, it appears that with each passing day, the waiting gets longer and longer.

• Net/Net: If I was on a H1B work visa, and got married, the visa processing would take 24 hours. However, as a US Citizen, I have to wait for almost 8 months to 10 months to get my wife/fiancé to the U.S. Where is the justice here???

The crux of the issue is far less about processing times, but about the lack of transparency that is being displayed by United States Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS). At one point, the web site for USCIS displayed receipt dates that had been processed, but at this time simply displays a blanket date of “6 months.”

I wish to share some specific concerns with you so as to offer insight into how the petition process is currently affecting citizens.

• Net/Net: If I was on a H1B work visa, and got married, the visa processing would take 24 hours. However, as a US Citizen, I have to wait for almost 8 months to 10 months to get my wife/fiancé to the U.S. Where is the justice here???

• Significant delays in the processing of petitions. Many of us who filed

in May through the date of this letter are noticing that an extremely small

number of petitions have been processed/approved.

• A strong opinion that the prioritization of visas from applicants to work is inappropriate compared to the processing of family and marriage based immigration.

• A lack of accountability on the part of USCIS. No matter who we speak to, no matter what we are told, it seems impossible to gain any true information.

• Extremely poor customer service. Petitioners often get the run around from those working USCIS call centers or service centers, and are often read form statements that only regurgitate the blanket information on processing times from the various web sites of USCIS. One member has had a representative tell him his case was with an officer and was to be adjudicated within a short time frame, only to still be left in the dark two weeks later.

• Continued press releases from USCIS stressing the “importance” of processing employment-based Visas, or the Adjustment of Status petitions from others who already have their visas, yet leaving any K1 or K3 petitioners in the dark on their status.

I recognize that immigration benefits for my fiancé is a privilege and not a right, however, being a United States Citizen, feel I deserve accurate information and the opportunity to have my concern addressed by knowledgeable officials who can give me facts (not inaccurate time estimates and scripted misinformation designed to appease nervous and sad callers). I also understand the need for security checks, as I am aware of our national security issues, but I do not believe this is the source of the most recent delays. Only the truth and some swift action on the part of USCIS can alleviate some of the stress associated with this process. My life, along with my loved ones abroad, are on hold and we have no idea when this first part of the immigration process will conclude. It is difficult to plan weddings, coordinate other family members, or plan essentially anything until this process resolves itself.

The wait for a petition to reach National Visa Center, then the appropriate Embassy and, finally, the attendance of the beneficiary at scheduled interview can add an additional 3 – 12 months to an already excruciatingly slow process. The USCIS needs to set a reasonable goal of 90 days and/or have expedited processing available for K1/K3 VISA applicants. Currently, we are completely and utterly at the mercy of the system.

I am not trying to make ‘demands’ as such. I am beyond frustrated with the process and feel that the process should be better run, and information should be much easier to come by. As a Citizen of the country, I feel that my requests for information and action are not unreasonable. I am simply devoted Americans lost in a sea of bureaucracy and red tape. While this is a generally accepted part of American life, these petitions and visas are dealing with our hearts and souls in our significant others. I love my country, and only want to share that dream with those that we love as soon as possible.

As a citizen, I am writing to you on behalf of myself because I feel that I am at wit’s end. We want information, we want answers, and the government is failing to give us any. We are requesting that you use your connections and power to help us make this issue known. It is slowly reaching a crisis status for all of us who are awaiting these visas to be approved. Our hearts are heavy, and breaking, because we cannot do anything within the letter of the law to speed the process along and bring our loved ones into our arms. We are not asking for special treatment, we are simply asking for transparency and for answers. We hope that with your help, we can get the government to give us some answers, and maybe the situation may become more bearable.

There is no way to describe the incredible pain in my heart of how much I miss my fiancée. The fight between our countries governments, which sets up a very uncertain outcome; knowing that some cranky consulate worker could deny our application just because they're having a bad day; having our marriage, our life, our "destiny" in the hands of another human, is the most vulnerable feeling in the world. I could face the death of my fiancée if she is dead in a war.... Because she is leaving In Capital of Iran “Tehran” and we know it could war be happen with Iranian Regimes. But it is so hard for me to face the government, knowing that they could keep us apart.

I respectfully request a response to this letter, so that I may know that my concerns have been heard. Even if it is not feasible for something to be done immediately or at all, the knowledge that someone else knows about my personal plight and the plight of thousands of other Americans will help put my mind at ease, even if only slightly.

Respectfully,

Reza Hashemi Tuesday, October 09, 2007

United States Citizen

06/12/07----sending The package to NSC

06/15/07---- Received at NSC

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

07/02/07---- TOUCHED and it conformed they received my Mail on 06/25/07 at CSC!

07/20/07---- TOUCHED and a lady said it still Pending..

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

08/29/07 OMG I am just keep TOUCHING... :lol:

09/26/07 TOUCHED CSC ... Nothing yet :(

09/28/07 sending a fax to congressman at 00:06 A.M.

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

11/05/07 RFE!!!! AFTER ABOUT 4 MONTH RFE? WHAT FOR? WHY SO LATE? #######

11/26/07 Approved WooHooo

11/30/07 NO2 hardcopy has been received yo yo

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/14/07 NV received the case

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

01/17/08 Received Appointment Letter Damn slow while they send it thro USPS

02/10/09 Approval Letter. ouiiiiii

02/20/09 Recived The Permanent Resident card

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Timeline

and here is the first one

Dear Senator Bond

My name is Reza ahmed Hashemi .

I'm addressing a situation that I have to you, because I don't know where else to start. I recently got engaged in May 2007, in Iran, to an Iraqian with Iranian Citizenship. I have immigration papers in the process at the California Service Center. I filed my initial I-129F form, and have received my first Notice of Action receipt on June 26, 2007. Now, the waiting begins.

I know you must get many of these requests, to help a person's fiancée be getting married and reunited together again, in the United States, through expediting the application, and my situation, is no better or more urgent than others; but I have to try at least, knowing that I've done all that I can to see my fiancée again.

It may be even a little selfish to have the CSC consider my application first, by expediting, when I know others' are in more urgent need, such as a disease, or extreme financial peril, or dangerous foreign countries.

For me, I've only spent just barely over 3 month, and not consecutively, with my fiancée, in person. I'm struggling financially, and having her here, working, would greatly relieve so much stress with an additional income; not to mention, my emotional status that hits lows everyday, from the pain of being separated, and not really knowing, if or when our application will be approved....

For my sanity, and peace of heart, I have to try everything that might get her here one day sooner. And if it all fails, at least I know I did try all that I can; and I can rest at night.

There is no way to describe the incredible pain in my heart of how much I miss my fiancée. The fight between our countries governments, which sets up a very uncertain outcome; knowing that some cranky consulate worker could deny our application just because they're having a bad day; having our marriage, our life, our "destiny" in the hands of another human, is the most vulnerable feeling in the world. I could face the death of my fiancée if she is dead in a war.... Because she is leaving In Capital Of Iran “Tehran” and we know it could war be happen with Iranian Regimes. But it is so hard for me to face the government, knowing that they could keep us apart.

Please help in whichever way you can to expedite my application for my fiancée. And please offer advice for other avenues that may be of help beyond your reach. Thank you sincerely, for taking time to read my letter. I know you're very busy, and I appreciate you taking a moment to listen to a resident of Missouri Kansas City. Thank you for all you do Senator Bond.

Sincerely,

Reza Hashemi

Friday, October 05, 2007

just change few as you need it then send it to the congressman and senator

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

10/31/07 JUST Called CSC TODAY, my Case Is under Officer reviewing... RIGHT ONNNNNN

12/10/07 Transferred to NVC as of today 12/17/07. NVC telephone line is a hack of busy!

12/18/07 called and conformed the nvc case number and case have been send to ankara u.s. embassy

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

and here is the first one

Dear Senator Bond

My name is Reza ahmed Hashemi .

I'm addressing a situation that I have to you, because I don't know where else to start. I recently got engaged in May 2007, in Iran, to an Iraqian with Iranian Citizenship. I have immigration papers in the process at the California Service Center. I filed my initial I-129F form, and have received my first Notice of Action receipt on June 26, 2007. Now, the waiting begins.

I know you must get many of these requests, to help a person's fiancée be getting married and reunited together again, in the United States, through expediting the application, and my situation, is no better or more urgent than others; but I have to try at least, knowing that I've done all that I can to see my fiancée again.

It may be even a little selfish to have the CSC consider my application first, by expediting, when I know others' are in more urgent need, such as a disease, or extreme financial peril, or dangerous foreign countries.

For me, I've only spent just barely over 3 month, and not consecutively, with my fiancée, in person. I'm struggling financially, and having her here, working, would greatly relieve so much stress with an additional income; not to mention, my emotional status that hits lows everyday, from the pain of being separated, and not really knowing, if or when our application will be approved....

For my sanity, and peace of heart, I have to try everything that might get her here one day sooner. And if it all fails, at least I know I did try all that I can; and I can rest at night.

There is no way to describe the incredible pain in my heart of how much I miss my fiancée. The fight between our countries governments, which sets up a very uncertain outcome; knowing that some cranky consulate worker could deny our application just because they're having a bad day; having our marriage, our life, our "destiny" in the hands of another human, is the most vulnerable feeling in the world. I could face the death of my fiancée if she is dead in a war.... Because she is leaving In Capital Of Iran “Tehran” and we know it could war be happen with Iranian Regimes. But it is so hard for me to face the government, knowing that they could keep us apart.

Please help in whichever way you can to expedite my application for my fiancée. And please offer advice for other avenues that may be of help beyond your reach. Thank you sincerely, for taking time to read my letter. I know you're very busy, and I appreciate you taking a moment to listen to a resident of Missouri Kansas City. Thank you for all you do Senator Bond.

Sincerely,

Reza Hashemi

Friday, October 05, 2007

just change few as you need it then send it to the congressman and senator

Thank you, maybe we americans are getting too sheeplike?

Congrats!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!

I-130 Journey

06/06/2007 I-130 sent

06/22/2007 I-130 NOA1

02/20/2008 I-130 NOA2 (259 days)

05/20/2008 Case complete @ NVC

Interview Time

07/31/2008 INTERVIEW @8am --------AP

08/04/2008 Our file reached Washingtown for AP ( called DOS)

09/10/2008 US Embassy called for his Passport ( On AP 37 days)

09/11/2008 Submitted passport to AMEX

09/18/2008 Picked up passport w/visa!!!!!!

POE--Washington 12-11-2008

Qasim is Home!!!!!-12-12-2008

Petition to remove conditions

Vermont Service Center

Date Filed : 11/23/2010

NOA Date : 12/06/2010

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 01/12/2011

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved :

Got I551 Stamp :

Green Card Received :

Filing N-400

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

05/07/2007 : I-129F Sent

05/29/2007 : NOA1

09/28/2007 : NOA2 (144 days from filing date)

11/02/2007 : NVC Received Case (35 days from NOA2)

11/06/2007 : NVC Sent Case to HCM Consulate

11/16/2007 : HCMC Received Case

11/17/2007 : HCMC Sent Packet 3

11/20/2007 : HCMC Received Packet 3

12/10/2007 : HCMC Called Fiancee (Packet 4 Sent + Interview Date)

12/18/2007 : Packet 4 Received

01/02/2008 : Medical Appointment

01/09/2008 : Interview passed!

01/29/2008 : Visa Received

02/02/2008 : POE @ SFO

Favorite Links:

K1 Process Flowchart

Vietnam Visa Seekers

Timeline
Congratulations!!!!

Thank you, hope you get your NO2 soon

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

Thank you wish me luck

06/25/07---- TOUCHED

08/06/07---- TOUCHED

zadcvfp4_845f2cf68d.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations and GOOD LUCK on the rest of the process. I truly hope you are reunited with your fiancee soon!!!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congratulations!!! :thumbs:

04/23/07: petition sent to TSC

05/01/07: petition received at CSC

05/01/07: NOA1 Date.....no hard copy

08/06/07: Fiance called USCIS for info aboout NOA1 hard copy

08/07/07: Touch

08/08/07: Touch

08/09/07: Touch

08/10/07: Touch

08/11/07: NOA1 hard copy

08/21/07: Touch due to phone call was told that our case has been assigned

08/27/07: Touch

08/28/07: APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Received e-mail that our case has been approved on the 27th)

09/18/07: Petition left CSC

09/24/07: NVC received Petition

09/26/07: Petition left NVC

10/02/07: Kingston Embassy received Petition

10/04/07: sent off DS-230 part 1 (sent via courier service)

10/09/07: Packet 3 received

10/09/07: Drop off DS-230 part 1 (in person)

12/03/07: Medical

12/18/07: INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!!!!!

01/04/08: VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!

01/11/08: Arrived in the USA

03/23/08: WEDDING DATE

09/19/08: AOS approved

09/25/08: GC in hand

usaCa.gif

jamaicaCxa.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!

Imran and Safiya's Visa Journey[/u]

02-10-2005 We met online.

03-14-2007 Traveled to Pakistan to meet my fiance.

03-27-2007 Left Pakistan to return to United States.

07-05-2007 Filed K-1 fiance Visa (mailed via DHL)

07-09-2007 I-129 received at Nebraska Service Center

07-16-2007 NOA1 notice date (would have been sooner, but was forwarded to CSC)

07-18-2007 Touched

08-15-2007 Touched

03-09-2008 Touched

03-14-2008 Touched

05-13-2008 APPROVED (only took 313 days)

05-21-2008 Received at NVC

06-05-2008 Left NVC

06-13-2008 Packet 3.5 received by fiance

07-13-2009 Interview (Islamabad) APPROVED and on AP, was told 1-3 months

08-12-2009 Visa in hand

09-05-2009 Arrived in U.S. (POE JFK)

Gratzies!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.