36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I had my medical in August 2007 in Canada. I was given a sealed envelope and a "Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet Two" that's what the top of the paper says. According to information on both VJ and the USCIS website because I had my medical less than a year ago I don't need a medical just an I-693a vaccination supplement. I compared my document that I received from the doctor to the I693a and it almost looks identical except for what it is called. Can I use the vaccination sheet I was given or do I need to get an I693a?

AOS Timeline

01-02-2008 - AOS Sent

01-04-2008 - Received Date

01-08-2008 - Notice Date I-797C

01-16-2008 - Received NOA for Biometrics appointment

01-30-2008 - Biometrics appointment

02-15-2008 - Received NOA Request for applicant to appear for initial interview Form I-485, Notice Date - Feb.8,2008

03-04-2008 - Received EAD for both myself and my son.........:)

03-04-2008 - Received AP for both myself and my son.......:)

05-07-2008 - Interview for I-485

05-07-2008 - Request for additional medical for myself. I was pregnant for the first medical and couldn't get xrays for the TB test. I also needed mumps measles and rubella shot at the time and couldn't get until after the pregnancy.

05-23-2008 - Medical approved and sent to USCIS.

06-03-2008 - I-797 Notice of Action . Welcome notice. Application for permanent residence approved...:)!!

06-06-2008 - Greencards received....YEAH!! Happy Dance!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You probably will need to have a US civil surgeon transfer your records to a supplement. I have read of some sending in a copy of the record from foreign country and USCIS accepting it, but it is dicey due to the requirement that the vaccination supplement needs to be in a sealed envelope from US Civil surgeon.

8. Fiancé(e)s.

If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report.You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

More can be read here: http://www.uscis.gov/i-693

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Some people have used the same form, however, the directions say to send in the I-693. Sending the I-693 is sure to not get you and rfe.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Some people have used the same form, however, the directions say to send in the I-693. Sending the I-693 is sure to not get you and rfe.

The directions does not necessarily say to send in the I-693. I-693 is the entire medical which most people are not in possesion of and unless it is expired is not necessary to get re-done.

YuandDan,

Where is the requirement for the Vaccination Supplement required to be sealed? i see it for the complete medical but not the supplement....

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I miss spoke. I did mean the vacination supplement. The civil surgeon sealed my husbands. Maybe that is a requirement in the contract they sign with the gov't. (?) We showed the doctor a copy of what was given in the medical and then she said, oh, you haven't been vaccinated for chicken pox. You will need that shot. My husband doesn't think he has had them, but on that day he did. This lady was trying to get money out of us. Just to fill the form out cost us over $90.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent in a copy of my vaccination supplement (mine wasn't sealed, the doctor's receptionist just handed me a copy for my records) as proof that I had my medical in the right timeframe, and figured that if it wasn't acceptable that I would hear about it. ;)

I personally did not have a problem with doing this.

Edited to say: I did not receive the supplement during my original medical, I received the worksheet.

Edited by Cassie

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

It is strange with this supplemental thing. Someone recently reported they were approved without doing the supplemental but many have reported receiving an RFE. I took Claudeth to a civil surgeon and got the supplemental which they sealed in an envelope but also gave us a copy. If you do go to a civil surgeon I suggest calling around, the pricing can vary by a lot.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

if you want to be on the safe side when sending in your aos papers id recommend to get the I-693a! some people were fine with just the from they got from the medical prior to the k1 interview, some got an rfe for not sending in the I-693a...... so its really up to you what to do!

hers the address and phonenumber of a registered civil surgeon in texas, he will transfer your vaccination sheet to the I-693a for just $10! i just recently send my sheet in there and got the requiered form back within 10 days. it doesnt matter which civil surgeon is going to transfer the sheet just has to be registered with uscis! just give his office a call and they will tell you everthing about the procedure.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard #106

Austin, TX 78745

Tel.: 512-444-3131

blackribbonsmall.png

R.I.P Diana

1982 - 2008

K1 Timeline

01/13/2007 Sent I-129F to TSC

05/03/2007 Petition approved!!!

08/23/2007 INTERVIEW

09/12/2007 Frankfurt - JFK - Baltimore, MD

09//28/2007 applied for SSN

10/16/2007 CIVIL MARRIAGE

10/31/2007 SS Card finally arrived

AOS Timeline

11/13/2007 sent AOS package with AP and EAD

12/19/2007 biometrics in baltimore

01/09/2008 AOS transferred to CSC

01/12/2008 CEREMONY & RECEPTION

01/16/2008 EAD and AP in mail

02/14/2008 card production ordered, approved without interview

02/22/2008 GREEN CARD in mail

I751 Timeline

11/19/2009 sent I751 to VSC

11/21/2009 received at VSC

11/24/2009 check cashed

11/30/2009 received NOA dated 11/23/09

12/15/2009 early bio walk-in failed....

12/16/2009 request to reschedule sent

01/04/2010 biometrics in baltimore being rescheduled

01/20/2010 new biometrics

03/24/2010 card production ordered, approved without interview

03/29/2010 10 year GC in mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I had my medical in August 2007 in Canada. I was given a sealed envelope and a "Vaccination Documentation Medical Worksheet Two" that's what the top of the paper says. According to information on both VJ and the USCIS website because I had my medical less than a year ago I don't need a medical just an I-693a vaccination supplement. I compared my document that I received from the doctor to the I693a and it almost looks identical except for what it is called. Can I use the vaccination sheet I was given or do I need to get an I693a?

Some people on here, send in their AOS application without getting a I693A and do not get a RFE(Request For Evidence) and they are approved for green card no problems asked. Others get a RFE for this specific form, bottom line is that this is a gamble you take if you do not send in the I693A in a sealed envelope by a US Civil Surgeon. Worst thing that can happen to you is that it gets to delay your AOS application and USCIS sends you a RFE and demands that I693A form from you. AND yes it does say that it has to be inside an envelope sealed by the US Civil Surgeon! Based on what you say here and the fact that you are from an English speaking country of Canada with similar guidelines or standards for DR/Civil Surgeons, I think you have a very strong chance of having no problems even if you send in that sealed envelope that you received from Canada Dr, I say that because that Dr obviously realizes how US Civil Surgeons are supposed to submit to you the I693A in a sealed Envelope so you can mail in later with your AOS application. It is your decision, basically it depends on the caseworker and office that you happen to get assigned to look at your AOS, some are flagging AOS applications for no official I693A form in sealed envelope while others are not and are accepting that vaccination documentation medical worksheet two from Canada you have in your possession.

if you want to be on the safe side when sending in your aos papers id recommend to get the I-693a! some people were fine with just the from they got from the medical prior to the k1 interview, some got an rfe for not sending in the I-693a...... so its really up to you what to do!

hers the address and phonenumber of a registered civil surgeon in texas, he will transfer your vaccination sheet to the I-693a for just $10! i just recently send my sheet in there and got the requiered form back within 10 days. it doesnt matter which civil surgeon is going to transfer the sheet just has to be registered with uscis! just give his office a call and they will tell you everthing about the procedure.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

You are right on with this Dr, he is great! :thumbs:

I was going to start a separate thread to ask my question but I thought I'd ask it here since it has to do with the supplemental form.

Are they really strict in regards to the whole "year" thing? I had my medical done last October 10th. I got the vaccination supplement but I wasn't able to send in my AOS until October 20, 2007. Will they make a big deal because it was a year and ten days?

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as I am aware of, the 1 year date is a hard and fast rule... I would wait for an RFE but I would also be prepared as I would certainly expect one.

YMMV

As far as I am aware of, the 1 year date is a hard and fast rule... I would wait for an RFE but I would also be prepared as I would certainly expect one.

Thanks. Here's hoping I don't have to. I can't see what difference eleven days would make. I'm most likely in the same health as I was then.

Do you know if that would hold back my EAD or AP as well?

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Dr. L. E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

I also had my vaccination records transfered with Dr L.E. Arnold, she is in my area (Austin), she is great. Handed me the sealed envelope in 15 min for $10, and a copy in case I need it in the future :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

Edited by JVKn'CVO

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Dr. L. E. Arnold

Austin, TX 78745

I also had my vaccination records transfered with Dr L.E. Arnold, she is in my area (Austin), she is great. Handed me the sealed envelope in 15 min for $10, and a copy in case I need it in the future :thumbs:

Saludos,

Caro

You meet Dr Arnold? WOW no way? and it is a she? Outstanding! Did you tell her she is a legend on this website?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks. Here's hoping I don't have to. I can't see what difference eleven days would make. I'm most likely in the same health as I was then.

Do you know if that would hold back my EAD or AP as well?

Thank you so much everyone for all of your help.

AOS Timeline

01-02-2008 - AOS Sent

01-04-2008 - Received Date

01-08-2008 - Notice Date I-797C

01-16-2008 - Received NOA for Biometrics appointment

01-30-2008 - Biometrics appointment

02-15-2008 - Received NOA Request for applicant to appear for initial interview Form I-485, Notice Date - Feb.8,2008

03-04-2008 - Received EAD for both myself and my son.........:)

03-04-2008 - Received AP for both myself and my son.......:)

05-07-2008 - Interview for I-485

05-07-2008 - Request for additional medical for myself. I was pregnant for the first medical and couldn't get xrays for the TB test. I also needed mumps measles and rubella shot at the time and couldn't get until after the pregnancy.

05-23-2008 - Medical approved and sent to USCIS.

06-03-2008 - I-797 Notice of Action . Welcome notice. Application for permanent residence approved...:)!!

06-06-2008 - Greencards received....YEAH!! Happy Dance!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.