20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

I just recieved a rejection notice for my AOS package- with EAD and AP.

I sent a check, which is stapled to the rejection notice, for $1010.

The rejection notice says:

" The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $930.00. Each applicant between the ages of 14 and 79 must also include the additional $80.00 fingerprint fee. Please resubmit the application with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this notice."

So, what am I missing here?

Did they want two seperate checks, one for the filing fee and one for the fingerprint fee?

Also, i got a similar rejection notice on the 131 and the 765, though i filed them all together. What do I do now?

" The check amount is incorrect or has not been provided. The correct filing fee is $930.00. Each applicant between the ages of 14 and 79 must also include the additional $80.00 fingerprint fee. Please resubmit the application with the appropriate fees to the address listed on the bottom of this notice."

Did they want two seperate checks, one for the filing fee and one for the fingerprint fee?

Also, i got a similar rejection notice on the 131 and the 765, though i filed them all together. What do I do now?

Am at a loss - unless there's something missing here - the I-485 instructions clearly say you can make one (single) check for the $1010 total.

The filing fee for a Form I-485 is $930.00.

An additional biometric fee of $80.00 is required when filing this Form I-485. After you submit Form I-485, USCIS will notify you about when and where to go for biometric services.

The fee is $930.00 only (no biometrics fee required) for applicants under 14 years who submits Form I-485 independent from other family members.

The fee for a child under the age fourteen years will be$600.00 when submitted concurrently for adjudication with the application of a parent under sections 201(B)(A)(i), 203(a)(2)(A) and 203(d) of the INA.

You may submit one check or money order for both the application and biometric fees, for a total of $1010.00.

I know there were lots of the same problem in the past before the fee increase.

It was recommended to sent separate checks.

One for AOS and one for biometrics.

Sucks but I guess it's a bit confusing for them to add things up. :blink::blink:

Should be pinned here somewhere so others don't have the same problem.

Better yet be put with the fee increase notice.

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Am at a loss - unless there's something missing here - the I-485 instructions clearly say you can make one (single) check for the $1010 total.

The filing fee for a Form I-485 is $930.00.

An additional biometric fee of $80.00 is required when filing this Form I-485. After you submit Form I-485, USCIS will notify you about when and where to go for biometric services.

The fee is $930.00 only (no biometrics fee required) for applicants under 14 years who submits Form I-485 independent from other family members.

The fee for a child under the age fourteen years will be$600.00 when submitted concurrently for adjudication with the application of a parent under sections 201(B)(A)(i), 203(a)(2)(A) and 203(d) of the INA.

You may submit one check or money order for both the application and biometric fees, for a total of $1010.00.

Glitch in the system or someone did not look at it right, send it all back in again, they will learn to count hopefully. This same thing has happened to many other filers from August and September also already.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Someone has not read the directions included with I-485.

NOTE: Effective July 30, 2007, if you file Form I-485 to adjust your status as a permanent resident, no additional fee is required to also file an application for employment authorization on Form I-765 and/or advance parole on Form I-131. You may file these forms concurrently. If you choose to file the I-765 and/or I-131 separately after the effective date, you must also submit a copy of your I-797C, Notice of Action, receipt as evidence of the filing of an I-485.
Form I-485 Instructions (Rev. 07/30/07)Y Page 7 http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

This note is also on page 8 of the I-765 directions: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-765instr.pdf

I would return the I-765, along with a copy of I-485 NOA1, a cover letter explaining that no fee required, a copy of I-485 instructions page 7 with the above NOTE Highlighted, as well as I-765 directions page 8 with same note highlighted. and just the check for $1010

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Check the check. They might have given you the wrong error code (for the amount) by accident if the problem was that you forgot to sign the check or mis-dated it. If that's all correct, then follow YuandDan's advice.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Check the check. They might have given you the wrong error code (for the amount) by accident if the problem was that you forgot to sign the check or mis-dated it. If that's all correct, then follow YuandDan's advice.

:thumbs: Otherwise someone just flat made a mistake

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

ok thanks everyone. I didn't think it was too confusing.. I guess even though they probably get HUNDREDS of checks for 1010 every day, it might be hard to add up the fees...

Its just so frustrating to have such a simple error cost us even more time in an already lengthy process. usless griping, i know.

would it be advisable to send a check for $930 and another for $80, or should i just resend the 1010 check and hope a different person recieves it?

(and I checked the check- its all fine. Would it be a problem that its not drawn on my account? My mother wrote the check (lending me the AOS money.. my part time job cant cover it all at once..) so its not in my name, but i put the beneficiaries name and A# in the memo line. Is this what is causing the confusion?

Filed: Other Timeline

Just send a check for the $1010 amount and a print out of the instructions that state to send only one check. Highlight the section so they can clearly see it. And put stickie flags all around it. Blinking lights might help too, but I dont know how you'd mail those.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We used one check and we put on the check payments for I-485 and I-765, then my name and A#.

~cd

K-1 Petition

May 05 - I-129F NOA1

Oct. 02 - I-129F NOA2

Mar. 19 - 1st Interview (AP)

Mar. 23 - 2nd Interview (AP)

Aug. 27 - K-1 Visa Received

Aug. 27 - Entered US

Adjustment of Status

Oct. 08 - USCIS Received Date

Oct. 25 - I-765 NOA1 (received in mail on 10/31)

Oct. 25 - I-485 NOA1 (received in mail on 11/02)

Oct. 31 - Notice Date for ASC Appointment on 11/24 (received in mail on 11/05)

Nov. 07 - Biometrics for I-485 and I-765 taken

Dec. 06 - I-765 Card production ordered

Dec. 14 - I-765 Approval Notice sent

Dec. 15 - I- 485 transferred to CSC

Dec. 17 - Received EAD in mail

Dec. 24 - Transfer Notice received in mail

May 22 - Welcome Letter sent

May 28 - I - 485 Approval Notice sent

Jun 21 - Green Card Received in Mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi you have to call the, this is not right.I sent too one check and its been cashed and processed!

Look here on this page:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Look on a page 7, they clearly wrote that you can sent one check or m,oney order with total $1010!

Just call them, and expline everything!!!

10-15-2007 Mailed AOS Packet10-16-2007 10:18 AM AOS package delivered

10-23-2007 NOA1 for I-130, I-485 and I-765

10-24-2007 checks cashed

11-20-2007 Biometrics appointment

11-01-2007 RFE

12-14-2007 Response to RFE and case processing has resumed

01-11-2008 Interview letter recevied

01-14-2008 EAD Card production ordered

01-25-2008 EAD card received

02-21-2008 Interview in Garden City:Approved

03-06-2008 Card production order

03-06-2008 I-130 Approval notice sent

03-06-2008 I-485 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

03-11-2008 I-130 Approval notice and welcome letter received

03-18-2008 I-485 Approval notice sent

03-20-2008 Received Green Card!!!

Removing conditions:

01-07-2010 I-751 packet sent

01-11-2010 11:00am packet delivered

01-25-2010 Biometric letter received dated for 02/11/2010

03-03-2010 Card production order

03-11-2010 Received Green Card!

Citizenship:

04-05-2013 application for naturalization received by uscis

05-06-2013 biometrics appointment

07-24-2013 citizenship test appointment - pass!! smile.png

08-07-2013 Oath ceremony - Naturalization approved smile.png

* Happily married with 2 babies star_smile.gifstar_smile.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

More than likely someone simply added wrong or was not paying attention to the two checks or only saw one and well rejected it, it seems to be happening quite a lot since July 15 at USCIS and based on what others have been posting on here. Guess you can just resubmit and attach a note or cover sheet detailing the check amts and adding them up for them.

Good luck.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just send a check for the $1010 amount and a print out of the instructions that state to send only one check. Highlight the section so they can clearly see it. And put stickie flags all around it. Blinking lights might help too, but I dont know how you'd mail those.

Blinking lights scare postal workers. Trust me, I know. :unsure:

To the OP, what they said. Good luck.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I got the same notice today!!! I applied for I485, I130, I131 and I765.

Send a check for $1010. Everything came back.

I made an infopass appt for friday and am going to clear this ####### up!!!!

I got the same notice today!!! I applied for I485, I130, I131 and I765.

Send a check for $1010. Everything came back.

I made an infopass appt for friday and am going to clear this ####### up!!!!

Is there a separate fee for the I130?

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.