rypoli

Proof of relationship...please help

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

my finance and I are filling out the I-129F form. my question is do we need to prove we met in the last two years? or is that only for the interview??

How many G-325A forms do we need to submit? She only sent me two of them signed but I know there are four pages total when you download the forms. IF we need more can i just photocopy two more? thanks!!!

my finance and I are filling out the I-129F form. my question is do we need to prove we met in the last two years? or is that only for the interview??

How many G-325A forms do we need to submit? She only sent me two of them signed but I know there are four pages total when you download the forms. IF we need more can i just photocopy two more? thanks!!!

You need to show that you have met in the past 2 years for the filling. Additional evidence of an ongoing relationship is given at the interview. Though it can be added to the packet if you want to.

You need to submit 4 forms for you and 4 forms from your fiance. All of them should have an original signature. As far as photocopying, it may work, or you may get an RFE.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

You need to provide proof that you met within the last 2 years. Proof of relationship is for the interview.

The G-325A should be 4 pages all with original signatures.

I would suggest you read the K-1 Visa Guide.

Good luck!!

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

You'll need documentary proof, such as passport stamps, boarding passes, plane tickets, credit card statements if you used your credit card while you were in your Fiance's country visiting or if she/he used hers in the U.S. It's ok to send pictures, but don't send pictures only.

RFE= Request for Evidence

I suggest you read here: Definitions and the guidelines as ZeeNusah adviced you to.

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

Thank you so much everybody. We just realized this is a much bigger process now. she is going to have to get passport pics taken and fill out more G-325A forms.

my fiance is in canada, i am in the us, we plan to get married and live here in New Jersey.

about how long is the average wait time till couples are together?

My sweetie is in New Jersey too!!!

Rypoli..you are looking at anywhere from 6 to 9 months from filing to interview...it varies.

Check out the GUIDES here at VJ, super helpful!!!

Also you may want to check out the Immigration Timeline for Canada/Vermont Center users on VJ to see how long it took them from start to finish to get an idea.

You can send in photo's of the two of you together, boarding passes, stamps in your passport, receipts from rental cars, etc etc.

Stuff like emails and text messages and phone bills, save for the interview. Some people do throw those in to the initial package but that doesn't prove that you have met in the last two years, that just shows an ongoing relationship...save it for the interview.

Best of luck!!!

~Laura

P.S. Make sure you fill in your profile to show your fiance is from Canada and fill in your time line when the time comes, it helps others help you! :)

Edited by ~Laura and Nick~

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

My sweetie is in New Jersey too!!!

Rypoli..you are looking at anywhere from 6 to 9 months from filing to interview...it varies.

Check out the GUIDES here at VJ, super helpful!!!

Also you may want to check out the Immigration Timeline for Canada/Vermont Center users on VJ to see how long it took them from start to finish to get an idea.

You can send in photo's of the two of you together, boarding passes, stamps in your passport, receipts from rental cars, etc etc.

Stuff like emails and text messages and phone bills, save for the interview. Some people do throw those in to the initial package but that doesn't prove that you have met in the last two years, that just shows an ongoing relationship...save it for the interview.

Best of luck!!!

~Laura

P.S. Make sure you fill in your profile to show your fiance is from Canada and fill in your time line when the time comes, it helps others help you! :)

congratulations on your one year anniversary!! My finance and I are together 5 years in January!! We've been doing long distance since I was 16. I proposed in june. we are just getting all of this paperwork started because we want to marry hopefully sometime next year.

congratulations on your one year anniversary!! My finance and I are together 5 years in January!! We've been doing long distance since I was 16. I proposed in june. we are just getting all of this paperwork started because we want to marry hopefully sometime next year.

WOW!! Congratulations!!! That is amazing!!! Nick and I want to marry next year as well, September we are thinking. My divorce clearance just came through so..hopefully we will be filing end of November.

Best of luck on your journey!!!!

~Laura

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

If you download the G325a .pdf and open it, you can type into the fields. I believe that I remember it "auto-fills" the other pages since it is duplicate information so you only have to type into one page...try it and see.

K-1 AOS

02/03/06: Met in Mexico!

04/25/08: Sarah entered US @ Dallas POE - NO PROBLEMS!

05/23/08: Applied for SS#

05/23/08: Marriage License

05/30/08: Received SS card

06/07/08: Wedding

06/20/08: Applied for new SS# with married name

06/27/08: Received new SS card with married name

06/30/08: I-485 AOS packet sent to Chicago

07/01/08: I-485 AOS packet received by CHIBA/RECEPTION (1 day)

07/08/08: I-485 check cashed by USCIS (9 days)

07/11/08: Received NOA's - 4 letters - I-485 NOA, EAD NOA, AP NOA, Biometrics Appt. (12 days)

07/29/08: Biometrics Appt. 11am (30 days)

07/29/08: I-485 Application transferred to CSC (30 days)

08/04/08: Received Transfer Notice in mail from CSC (36 days)

09/03/08: Touched - Email - I-485 AOS Card Production Ordered (66 days)

09/04/08: Touched - Email - Notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident (67 days)

09/04/08: Received AP in the mail (67 days)

09/05/08: Touched - Email - EAD approved (68 days)

09/08/08: Received EAD in the mail (71 days)

09/09/08: Touched - Email - I-485 AOS Approval Notice Sent (72 days)

09/09/08: Received notice in the mail welcoming new permanent resident (72 days)

09/10/08: Received GREEN CARD in th email (73 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

USCIS expects 4 pages signed per person for the G-325A! AND they also expect you to submit documents or pictures to prove you have had a relationship for past. They are not fooling around. Photocopy might be ok if the other signatures are in black also on other two pages, depends on how close the case worker is paying attention that day when it comes across his or her desk.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
You'll need documentary proof, such as passport stamps, boarding passes, plane tickets, credit card statements if you used your credit card while you were in your Fiance's country visiting or if she/he used hers in the U.S. It's ok to send pictures, but don't send pictures only.

RFE= Request for Evidence

I suggest you read here: Definitions and the guidelines as ZeeNusah adviced you to.

Quick question.... how did you know they received your application before you received your NOA1?

Im waiting for my NOA1 and i lost my tracking number from USPS. Is there any other way of knowing before the NOA1?

Thanks

Frankie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.