JamalNTam

How to dress for AOS interview?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just a quick question - my interview is at 3pm so we'll both be coming from work/school. Do you think they'll look badly upon us if my husband turns up in his airforce uniform and I turn up in scrubs?? Or do you think we should bring a change of clothes to work/college with us? Thanks.

OUR K-1 VISA JOURNEY

K1 Application

12-01-2006 I-129F sent priority USPS to CSC ... the real journey begins! (Day 1)

12-06-2006 NOA1 (Day 4)

03-05-2007 NOA2 - YAY!! (Day 89))

05-04-2007 INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED! (Day 149)

05-10-2007 Visa received (Day 155)

05-17-2007 ARRIVED IN PHOENIX (Day 162)

05-25-2007 Applied SSN

06-04-2007 Received SSN in the mail

06-14-2007 Passed driving test and now have my license

07-12-2007 MARRIED

07-24-2007 Changed name with SSA

AOS

05-31-2007 Appointment with Civil Surgeon for I-693A

07-16-2007 AOS sent to Chicago (received 07-18) (Day 1)

07-27-2007 NOA1 date (received 8/1) (Day 9)

07-30-2007 Check cashed (Day 12)

08-14-2007 Biometrics (Day 28)

11-29-2007 INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!! (Day 131) APPROVED

12-11-2007 Greencard Received

ROC

09-01-2009 I-751 sent to VSC (received 09-03) (Day 1)

09-04-2009 NOA Date (received 09-14) (Day 4)

09-08-2009 Check Cashed (Day 8)

10-05-2009 Biometrics @ Jackson MS (received 09-24) (Day 35)

01-08-2010 10 Year Greencard approved

01-19-2010 10 Year Greencard received

glitterfy011155737dkj7.gif glitterfy011545702wxh7.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

We both dressed really nice, and most of the people in the waiting room did too. I'd bring a change of clothes, because scrubs look like pajamas. :lol:

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

I wore jeans, a brown Lacoste shirt, brown belt, brown shoes and a Burberry scarf. My husband wore jeans, black shoes, white shirt, with a black and grey Argyle sweater. Casual but nice. Other people were wearing suits, sweatpants, ethnic clothing, a whole mix of outfits. But I'd stay away from scrubs - meow mix is right, they look like pjs! (In fact, I use scrubs as pjs!)

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

I'm sure your husbands uniform will be fine, but i agree with meow mix about the scrubs.

Hubby wore a dress shirt, tie and trousers and i wore dress pants and a nice shirt.

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hey,

I just went for my interview and it was really informal(think DMV).Personally I think it would be good to come as you are, my IO wanted to see

the real us and that's what we gave him.There would also be no question about your employment, seeing as you're both dressed for work.

But if it makes you more comfy to dress up, you can. Some people were, some people weren't. :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I know when we get to that phase, we will dress casually. We would not be there to be judged on our fashion sense.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I agree with comfort, but I would also show respect for what you're doing. I just think even a pair of jeans and a nice shirt and flats would be nicer than scrubs (if you have the time). The uniform is a nice touch! I'm sure whatever you wear will be fine, and they're not going to make a decision based on what you're wearing, so certainly don't worry about it too much.

Edited by bostonparis

Remove Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We dressed as we usually do for the interview: jeans, t shirts... I have full sleeves tattooed in my arms and they were in plain view. Most people in the waiting room were dressed pretty casually. I don't think they really care how you dress.

TIMELINE

K1 visa 2006

May 9th Sent I-129 petition

May 16th NOA1 telling us they sent our case to California Service Center

June 23rd IMBRA RFE

Sept. 5th NOA2!!!!

Dec. 12th Interview at Consulate APPROVED!!!

Dec. 14th Visa received

March 19th Move to the US!

AOS

June 15th Sent AOS and AED package

June 25th NOA1s for AOS and AED

July 21st Appointment for Biometrics

July 24th RFE (co-sponsor's passport copy) sent back

Sept. 10th EAD aproved

Sept. 12th EAD card received in the mail

Oct. 9th AOS Interview. APPROVED!!!

Oct. 19th GREEN CARD received!!

126 days!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We wore what we would normally wear to work or church -- business casual.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Maybe the interviewer was afraid of you! :lol::lol:

We dressed as we usually do for the interview: jeans, t shirts... I have full sleeves tattooed in my arms and they were in plain view. Most people in the waiting room were dressed pretty casually. I don't think they really care how you dress.

Remove Conditions

My husband and I dressed casually (Jeans, etc) He was a tad more tasteful looking than I. I had just had back surgery 2 days prior and had to run around with a giant back brace and electronic stimulator attached to my back, so I was looking pretty slovenly to be honest. Most everyone else there was dressed casually, with the exception of one man and his shyster.

Personally, I work in a courthouse and I think people in scrubs look trustworthy. I think wearing them is fine, they'll probably ask you (or more likely him) what you do for a living anyway so "she's a doctor/nurse/med tech" will explain that right off.

At ours we both wore khakis, sweaters, and hiking boots. Reason was that we had taken the train from our house to Newark and didn't want to wear something that would be uncomfortable to walk to/from the train in especially since we both had backpacks of evidence.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.